Search results

1. J

Tyre Pressures ... +4 p.s.i.

On my 'aged' E Class I have used 30 p.s.i. all round for my tyre pressures for years, as this is the recommended pressures from Mercedes ... well they actually state 29 p.s.i. for the fronts but I bet most garage air supply's are NOT even accurate to 1 p.s.i. However, I never noticed until...
  2. J

W211 SBC pump ... is it coded??

Hello Re-set done without overhaul so not best practice hence reason for fitting refurbished pump. Mileage since reset is only 3,000 miles but I am aware that Mercedes increased the count limit on later SBC pumps (mine is earlier December 2003 model), so a reset would be ok (for a limited...
  3. J

W211 SBC pump ... is it coded??

W211 2.7 Cdi 140,000 miles. I plan to replace my current SBC complete unit with a used but reconditioned unit from a slightly later car (has the larger brushes ... which will be renewed before fitting). I had the 'Service Brake Visit Workshop' warning message many months ago ... the counter was...
  4. J

W211 e270 CDi 2003. Under bonnet charging points??

I want to trickle charge battery overnight during the winter period. It is a real 'pain in bum' having to access battery in boot each time, as I have lots of 'stuff' in boot which needs to be removed each time. On previous cars I've owned there has been connectors under the bonnet to allow easy...
  5. J

E270 Cdi Wheel colour?

I would like to give my alloy wheels a decent refurb. E 270 Cdi 2004 model. Due to value of car it's not worth paying for a full professional powder paint job for all 4 wheels so I will use my best D.I.Y. skills to try to make them look reasonable. Good old YouTube has lots of vids on how to...
  6. J

W211 front shocker nut ... how to remove?

Hello Supernoodle Thank you very much for your reply .... a very good solution. I don't posses any welding gear but will bear this solution in mind for the future.
  7. J

Hi Droverunner Thank you very much for your reply .... much appreciated. The deep socket with the outside 'hex' seems to be a very good solution. Will just track down a 17mm socket and this will greatly ease the job. Thanks again.
  8. J

Hi, can anyone recommend a tool to use to release the top nut of the shocker. I don't have an impact driver! You cant get at the nut with a normal ring spanner. A 17mm deep socket fits ok but I cant then get at spindle to stop it turning. You need to hold the shocker spindle with vice grips, or...
  9. J

W211 E2270 Cdi Starter motor removal ... help

I need to replace starter motor (2003 model) and manual says, "to access upper mounting bolt (Torx head) use a 'long' extension across top of gearbox". Has anyone done this job (any advice welcomed) and know how long is 'long'? I have a 250mm + 125mm in my tool box ... is that long enough or...
  10. J

Headlight lens refurbishment.

I've just removed 18 years of crud from my headlight lenses on my 2003 E270 CDi. To start, I used 1200 grit wet & dry paper, with lots of water and you could definitely see all the yellow tinted film coming off. This was followed by 2000 grit wet & dry paper as second session .... then finished...
  11. J

E270 CDi Smokey exhaust

Hi Viktor Problem not fixed by any specific action but it is definitely better than it was. Like you, it is still noticeable at night when I put my foot down and exhaust fumes are visible in the head lights of car behind but smoke not as bad as a year or so ago. Not sure why it has improved as...
  12. J

Limp home mode when accelerating. W211 E270 Cdi 2004

Hello 00slk Your response much appreciated. I have recently checked this but your logic is very sound regarding it 'leaking' when under boost. So will now do a really close inspection. Yes. limp home mode always disappears when I switch off and switch on again.
  13. J

Hi rf065 Have recently checked this but will definitely do another very detailed check of the intercooler hose. Thanks for your response.
  14. J

Hi Mioba I hadn't checked out the actuator as everything runs fine normally so I assumed actuator must be operating ... but I will definitely give it a close examination now you have mentioned it as a potential cause of my problem. Thanks very much for your response.
  15. J

Hi Trampo88 Thank you for your response ... I'll have a check as to what sensors or actuators live pre and post turbo, to see if I can find any that are causing me the problem.
  16. J

Thanks Chrisbart I have checked hoses for splits a few weeks ago ... but as you mentioned you found a "tiny split" in yours I'll double check mine again. Thanks for your response.
  17. J

Thanks V6Matty I'll see if I can get any errors showing up on O2 sensor and also check my boost pressure using iCarSoft meter.
  18. J

Thanks MJJ The sensors that protect the engine make sense. It points me in a few specific areas to investigate. Your reply much appreciated.
  19. J

The car has covered 118,000 miles. I have had this problem for well over a year ... and can't find out what is causing it. Just normal 'quick' use of accelerator, as when overtaking someone, frequently results in the car going in to 'Limp Home' mode. I'm not slamming accelerator to floor, just...
  20. J

W. 21, 722.6 transmission dipstick. Correct length??

Hi Rory Thank you very much for your reply. A very useful diagram that explains a lot. Much appreciated. regards James

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom