Search results

1. O

Engine flushes...

You don't have to avoid them, but as mentioned in another post stick to a detergent based one as these use the same cleaning detergents found in conventional engine oil, just more of them and one of these will be fine. In my opinion though, there is rarely a real need for one today with modern...
  2. O

Oil labelling explained

That is useful link, we use it sometimes :) Cheers, Guy
  3. O

Differential oil for Viano Compact 3.0 Cdi.

The Mercedes spec for it is 235.7 and the Mercedes part number is P/N 001 989 33 03 We have the Febi 75w-85 and as you say also the Fuchs Sintopoid 75w-85 that both meet that spec and ideal. Cheers, Guy
  4. O

Engine oil suggestion

That is correct, though I always recommend sticking to a reputable brand rather than a no name brand. Cheers, Guy
  5. O

Engine oil suggestion

Mercedes do everything by spec, assuming you have a DPF fitted you will need an oil that either meets the MB 229.31 or BMW 229.51 depending on your service interval and 0w-30 or 5w-30 for the viscosity. Cheers, Guy.
  6. O

06 320 cdi waterless coolant

Why do you want to use waterless coolants?
  7. O

Engine oil difference between engine and handbook? 229.1 vs 229.5

My data for your car is saying 229.3 without DPF and 229.31 with a DPF. If you are unsure if you have a DPF or not you can run 229.31 with or without a DPF. You can also use 229.5 and 229.51 the same way. Not sure why it has a 229.1 label on the engine. Cheers, Guy
  8. O

correct oil in a 307/ 410D T1, sprinter 711 113 gearbox

Annoyingly my data does not list a capacity for that gearbox :( Cheers, Guy
  9. O

correct oil in a 307/ 410D T1, sprinter 711 113 gearbox

My data is saying; Transmission code: G1/18-5 use MB235.1 Transmission code NOT G1/18-5 use MB236.2 Hope this helps! Cheers, Guy
  10. O

W211 220CDI which engine oil?

As others have said MB229.51 either 5w-30 or 0w-30. We do oil and filter service packs, just put your reg in https://www.opieoils.co.uk/ Cheers, Guy
  11. O

Answers FArom The Oil Expert Part # 2

Last time I looked, I admit sometime ago they were also testing oils and resolving the cases but not naming the brands or oils. Cheers, Guy
  12. O

We are VLS members, and I am all for what they do. If I have any criticism, it is they are a bit toothless. Cheers, Guy
  13. O

It has been a while, but have finally managed to get around to resetting my password so we should be here from now on with no problems :) Cheers, Guy
  14. O

Oil labelling explained

Not all synthetic oils are made from hydrocracked mineral base oil, group IV synthetics have to have a PAO base and whilst I agree the bulk on the market are Group III or Group III+ it is not all of them and there is quite a difference between the two. Cheers, Guy

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom