Search results

1. J

W210 - ABS BAS ESP - Another Cause

These symptoms are often caused by an ABS sensor or by the brake switch. But my searches didn't come up with the cause of my car's random intermittent ABS, BAS and ESP warnings. So here it is for those who have changed the brake switch and are considering hunting down which ABS sensor...
  2. J

Dim HIDs W210

Hi chaps. Has anyone experienced HID bulbs getting dimmer with age? Or could it be some distortion or deterioration inside the bulb? My beams don't illuminate the road past about 12-15 feet, but on a wall the beam height is about correct. They both are similar brightness to each...
  3. J

W210 Headlamp Levellers - location and what they look like

Hello again chaps. Can someone tell me where the HID headlamp leveller(s) is/are (is there only 1?) and provide a picture or drawing of them or a link to one please so I know what to look for? My lamps slowly stopped moving so I think it/they have rusted. Or is there another possible...
  4. J

Smoking illegal in your car with under-18-year-old "Children" inside?!!

Hello members. This law will come into force in October: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31310685 It gets my back up because there is no such being as a "child" who is over 16 years of age, because they are classified as independent adults under UK law, so they are then able to legally...
  5. J

W210 Pollen Filter replacement guide - slow heater fan fixed

Hello chaps. I finally replaced my pollen filters. They were in a very bad state and my heater/cabin blower now runs at full speed instead of half-speed like before. So it seems that there is some sensing to prevent the fan from running at full blast when the airflow is low, to prevent...
  6. J

W210 E320 CDi not starting on very cold mornings

Hi pals. For about a week my E320 CDi would not started in the morning from totally cold on the 1st try as it usually does, but on the 3rd try. After that first start she is always fine all day through many short journeys, starting on 1st try within 1-2 seconds. Early this week it was...
  7. J

W210 Brake Pad Choices

Hi pals. I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by starting a new topic on this old subject? I have searched but it's because I prefer to get your valued opinions and experiences on relevant choices for my W210 model. The obvious budget-priced choices from ECP are Eicher, Pagid, Textar, ATE...
  8. J

My Seatbelt Cartridge fired!

Hello pals. I'm not sure if this thread is in the right place? I had a big shock yesterday. I drove very slowly over a high kerb on my left to get round a parked truck on my right, something caught underneath (to the left side) and scraped, and then my seatbelt cartridge fired! The...
  9. J

2002 W210 E320 CDi Avantgarde Auto Gearbox/Transmission Oil

Again I am sorry for starting another thread if it's not needed, I have searched and read topics without clear answers for over two hours again and I'm tired of fruitless searches, so I have decided to start this thread, but by all means delete it if you think it's unnecessary or in the wrong...
  10. J

W210 2001 - Recommended Code Scan & Reset Tool please?

Apologies if this has been answered before. :Oops::Oops: Can anyone please let me know which (if any) reasonably-priced tool available on ebay can read and also reset more than just engine codes? I've got a generic OBD-II scanner (ELM327 with ProScan 5.9) but not tried it on my Merc yet...
  11. J

W210 Instrument Panel / Cluster Ribbon Replacement - Guide and Video Links

I know there are many threads about replacing the ribbon cables or adding pressure pads to them to fix the missing pixels on the left and right side (temperature and gear/clock) LCD displays. But the problem is that they are all over the place and take hours to find and read and sift the...
  12. J

W210 Button Service Functions

I thought it might be useful to have a thread for service operations we can do in the car from buttons. I have found a few tips here and there, but they take time to find, so here are a couple, please add your own tips for the W210. Read Automatic Climate Control Sensors 1. From Ignition...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom