Search results

1. S

Is Anyone Still Running a W208 CLK?

These cars always seemed like a lot of car for the money. Ive seen them from£500 UP. They have potential
  2. S

ML250 bluetec 2011

OM651 ENGINE I believe is being reffered to (c250 etc) from being on the forums for little while again Ive read thermostat housing & timing chain related issues . Search OM651 problems that should be more accurate im just relaying roughly what Ive read , hope this helps
  3. S

It’s been a blast..

lovely car there Nice setup on the wheel design too ALL cars have issues. Seems there is no perfect car. Just comes down to how lucky you are it seems. If you love the car youll be able to look past some of the issues but also good to research where possible,, cant always tell till a few years...
  4. S

R231 - any feedback or help?

Ive had 4 18" bmw rims without tyres in my crossfire ! & I think a v6 sounds great with the right tweaks. V8 is rowdy but v6 is refined IMO. Im usually always eyeing up my next purchase (wishlist more like) so it was not hard to link you to those cars !
  5. S

Too good to be true?

LED ones dont forget on the SL :) Agreed does sound fishy. More probing of the seller required - why the sale... Who gets into an SL in winter & gets out in spring summer? Ok everyones circumstances are different but youll have to decide if you like the answer. I didnt realise Merc did the ABC...
  6. S

Too good to be true?

Some good replies above there ^^ As with all cars and the motor industry it seems there is alot that's hidden. I've heard of cars with 3 miles on them needing the whole side repainted. Loads of cars are probably in a collision of some sort and not declared / repaired. Just because it's not...
  7. S

Show me wheels please!

Yes for some Bling Bling in the tooth area These are Porsche Rims dont let anyone hear you say this (Brand followers are against cross brand part usage :eek:) Reminds me of when I lifted the boot floor in my range rover and the door speaker cover to find the undersides stamped with VOLVO &...
  8. S

Too good to be true?

Question is can you live without distronic? I dont think my SL had that either. PArking sensors you can always go aftermarket subtle enough as they will go into the bumper mouldings The silver with red leather one at under £5k.... Im having trouble digesting these prices lol they all seem TOO...
  9. S

Phone in w203

Here you go https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?posts/1698304/ not sure if it relates to your model Do you have an AUX port in the glovebox? Worst case stick a Bluetooth unit on your wind visor or mount in the car (stand alone) and it will work as if you had bluetooth in the car...
  10. S

Too good to be true?

Uni colour / unibrow - single is what I make of that too --- If you like the car & have done some digging & checks out OK I say go for it No car will be perfect. History/receipts can be dodgy TO put it into perspective these are some issues Ive found on some other cars that you may think...
  11. S

Too good to be true?

I think I may have got lucky with my SL. It wasnt as bad for me as some of the stories Ive read. But I did put alot of work in myself and agree as someone said above if youre not handy that price could creep up easily. Even if you are handy some of these jobs are not very 'owner friendly'. Its...
  12. S

Phone in w203

Pleasant to see people are now trusting in what most, and some still, called Cheap Chinese Cr** - because they were cheap , made in China and in their experience (or inexperience infact) cr** Im all for it. Dont knock it till youve tried it (Properly) £200 for a unit is great value compared to...
  13. S

Can I drill a hole in bottom of light unit to release water gathering

Good idea Tiny tiny hole or two perhaps Porsche Cayenne MK1 955 also have this issue - probably would have worked well there
  14. S

E55 tyres

Sounds Amazing :) Im experiencing it as you write it...
  15. S

Too good to be true?

Nice Have SLs finally dropped below the 6K mark lol They were in the 6-8 bracket (along with the BMW 6er / M3 e46) for a LONG time The maroon one has AMG kit - which makes a BIG difference. Looks like a superb price to me - black interior too EDIT Just seen the 2nd one £4650 What the heck is...
  16. S

W204 Facelift c250d Oil / Transmission Cooler Leak (Photos)

Thank you very much. Sent you a PM :)
  17. S

Audio 20 not locking on to stations

Googles Facelift stereo (i think thats audio 20) pull the stereo out its the only way - must be a connection - and you can buy the aux inpuit plug on ebay I bought a few before - will change your life (have to active the aux port though theres a proceedure to do it (not sure off top of my...
  18. S

Show me wheels please!

Ivw recently changed from lkaptop to pc and havent changed over files sorry dont have them on here https://www.google.com/search?q=w203+on+19&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg-Yuk-IfhAhVs1-AKHX5ZCskQ_AUIDigB&biw=1088&bih=472&dpr=1.25 20s? 18s (sl55 turbine) Multispokes...
  19. S

Hi new to forum - R230 - 2006 SL350 - water leak above C pillar

sound simple but I like to start with the basics clean out the rubbers /channels? visual inspection? Treat rubbers as lostkiwi says is a good idea no harm doing this work
  20. S

Show me wheels please!

Wheels are a personal taste I would say Ive had 19s on a few w203s no issues Drove better. More planted. Less tyre flex. Transformed the car

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom