Search results

1. Boydonegood

Injector puller

Oh your a star,.. Thank you Ive got to replace an injector seal and kinda guessing my luck that the injector isnt going to slide out. Would you know off hand what type injector puller is needed for the OM642? I see there is the "hook" slide hammer type and the "tube" one that kind of extracts...
  2. Boydonegood

Injector puller

Hi guys Looking to buy a cheap injector puller to replace a seal. 2010 w204 C350 Blue Efficiency Am I right in thinking Bosch Injector. What OB611 OB612 etc is it? Cheers
  3. Boydonegood

W204 Clock Spring

Hi all. Thanks so much for all the advice, today I replaced the Clock Spring and all is back working again. Thanks so much Tel
  4. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Hi all. Thanks so much for all the advice, today I replaced the Clock Spring and all is back working again. Thanks so much Tel
  5. Boydonegood

W204 Clock Spring

Cheers fella. Looks like I best give my £330 to Mercedes then. Oh well Thanks for reply!
  6. Boydonegood

W204 Clock Spring

Hi guys Sorry to bring this back up but am i right thinking the power for the Horn, Radio controls, Airbag, etc would be on the (after) the Clock Spring.. And the Wipers, Indicator stalk and the Steering Angle sensor are fed (Before) the Clock Spring? Wipers, Indicators, steering angle...
  7. Boydonegood

Slip Ring Testing

Hi all Regarding my post previous. Is there anyway to check a W204 Slip ring in place? I have power to the column end (as wipers and indicators work) I have airbag light on and no reaction from any steering wheel controls. The steering angle sensor is working correct. Im guessing I may...
  8. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Ok. So have stripped wheel off today. All connections seem tight and re-giggled. Put all back and same faults:- U100800 Steering column LIN bus 1 has a malfunction 9B06 Driver Airbag stage 2 excessively high resistance 9B02 Driver Airbag stage 1 has excessively high resistance They clear...
  9. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Oh wow really Just my luck, got away with a £15 motor swap on the steering lock! Hopeing by belting the bottom UJ onto the coloumn I’ve just knocked something inside the wheel off? I’ve re checked the electric joint in the column Wheel off tomorow and fingers crossed As say it was ok until...
  10. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

I’m getting “Lin bus 1 has malfunction” and the 2 hi resistance airbag faults. That’s all that’s showing on a icarsoft Sorry I will do my research but is a replacement an easy fit? Maybe worth a try?
  11. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Any how I can check? Is it obvious if I take the steering wheel off tomorow?
  12. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Oh got ya . Yes that is a very strong possibility!!!
  13. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

I put it back all in one lump but as say I did bang the uj a few times hard so may have sent shocks up the coloumn
  14. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

I took the whole column off. Wheel attached.
  15. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Ok. To update. I collected new motor and fitted all in reverse. Struggled connecting steering coloum uj so I left to last! Car started as expected all ok! Really struggled getting the bottom uj on so had the car running so I could turn steering and admit to trying to Ease it on with a few...
  16. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Yes that’s correct
  17. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Guys. Thanks for all the replies. Only just seen them! I removed coloumn and drilled the bit of metal that stops the threaded bolt letting me slide the lock out. Took apart and the motor is really black. Shorted it across 12v and it worked although noisy. I’ve put it back together and tried...
  18. Boydonegood

W204 Steering Lock

Hi all. Have got a 2010 PF 350CDI and I think the Steering Lock has failed in the “locked” position. Ive got locks, radio, odometer etc but no dash lights or whirring or starting. I’ve tried rocking steering while putting key in and out and tried banging shaft. (Hope I haven’t put it...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom