Search results

1. M

Parking sensor relay

Cheers mate, progress at last. Thank you
  2. M

Parking sensor relay

Cheers, i have looked through this before with no luck. I also assumed there was a relay being it's an electrical circuit. Wish i knew what i was talking about ha ha Dave
  3. M

Parking sensor relay

Thanks Pippen knowing Merc it could well be the problem Too owld to be rolling round the floor, i can fall down but have to have a nap before i get back up ha ha. Wonder if diagnostics would find fault. Thanks anyway mate
  4. M

Parking sensor relay

Hi guys, The parking sensors on my e280 s211 do not work. I have scoured the net to find out where the relay is, under rear seat ? In boot area ?. Can anyone help. It's not the parktronic system just a normal set up. TIA Dave
  5. M

Parking sensor relay

Hi guys, At my wits end here, i have a 2006 e280 s211 with a few queries. Park sensors do not work at all and can't find the relay. Also the glow plugs play up making it hard to start first thing and the coil sign comes up on the dash. Finally does the auto gearbox oil need to be filled from...
  6. M

Hub dia's

Hi, Does anyone have the wheel hub centre boss dia on a 2006 Mercedes E280 S211. Got a set of alloys need centre holes bored to fit and not feeling up to taking wheel off and measuring mine. TIA Dave
  7. M

Air bag

8. M

Air bag

I've disconnected everything just leaving air line direct to air bag with schrader valves
  9. M

Air bag

Not in this weather on a gravel drive especially if i'm wasting my time. Too old for that malarkey.
  10. M

Air bag

It only has airbags on the rear and on top of airbags there is the air supply and an electric plug which i assumed is for a solenoid. I saw in a post somewhere that to lower air bag for removal a 9v battery is wired into this plug to get air out. Either way the bag will not inflate. Help
  11. M

Air bag

Cheers mate sounds interesting but as i said i have disconnected pump and air lines so now feeding air direct to air bag. Would the solenoid stop air going into airbag, does it need to be wired to a battery to open it ?. Thanks
  12. M

Air bag

Got a good quality compressor and schrader valves fitted but suspension still does not raise. Does the plug on top of airbag need energised to allow air into the bag. Saw a post somewhere where a 9v battery was connected to it but that was to drain air out of bag for removal. HELP
  13. M

Air bag

Can it be the top of the airbag where the plug goes, is it a solenoid ?
  14. M

Air bag

I have temporarily removed the pump so not part of the problem. As i said i have now piped direct into the airbags so nothing else can interfere wit inflation. O/s airbag was working ok just the n/s was leaking which i've replaced.
  15. M

Air bag

Thought i'd go the way of the Schrader valve so piped it direct to the air bag but my compressor has broke so tried a normal tyre inflator which doesn't seem powerful enough to raise bag from bottom. Bigger compressor needed and if that doesn't work it will be petrol and vesta
  16. M

E280 S211 engine problem

Well it's got me stumped now, one airbag was working ok and the one that wasn't i changed now none work. I have air to the manifold which doesn't look like it has a valve so the reason it is not inflating is a puzzle. Looks like it's going to be schrader valves after i prove the bags inflate...
  17. M

E280 S211 engine problem

Sorry just re read your post, so the height sensor is bypassed if i connect compressor to the manifold. ?
  18. M

E280 S211 engine problem

Hi, yes i fed 12v from a battery to both pump and solenoid. I then ran a pipe to the manifold direct from my compressor but no air was going to the airbags so will take your advice and check the sensor. I can repair it if that's the fault fingers crossed. Thanks
  19. M

E280 S211 engine problem

Got plenty pressure and no leaks. Could it be the height sensor ?. What are the plugs at the top of the air bags for, if u/s would it stop air getting into the airbag. Sorry for all the questions. Old man now so just want to do minimum amount of work.
  20. M

E280 S211 engine problem

Ok here's the latest, pump runs fine with good pressure and solenoid works. To count out any leaks i have run a pipe from my small compressor to the manifold block that's the one with live in and one running to each air bag but STILL suspension will not rise. Can this manifold be problematic ...
Top Bottom