Search results

1. hod05

Leaking heater matrix?

Hi guys My 2010 E class cabrio has a leak somewhere. The window glass gets soaking wet on the inside and fogs up after parking. I'll come back to find water dripping from the inside of the windows. A few things make me think it is not an external leak. 1. It only happens after the car has...
  2. hod05

A207 roof lid trim issues

Hello Does any one know what the A207 roof lid trim is made from? Mine has what looks like a tiny rust bubble on the very edge. Seen plenty for sale second hand should it need replacing but I thought it was aluminium or plastic?
  3. hod05

2010 E class cabrio leaking boot

No one had a leak in the boot?
  4. hod05

Unfortunately the seal is a very solid rubber block that sits between the hinge and body. It dosn't seem possible to lift at all. I can't see anywhere else it could be getting in but the rubber block itself looks fine. Anyone else had this issue?
  5. hod05

Hi My 2010 E class cabrio has a leak in the boot. Water is soaking the upper boot liner on the passenger side underneath the hinge in the red square. I've replaced all the plastic rivets for the plastic covers and cleaned the area under them so they shouldn't be the problem. The only thing I...
  6. hod05

2010 E class instrument fogging

Hi my A207 E class cabrio has an issue with the instrument binnicle misting up on cold mornings. Previously the car was misting up badly so I checked the windscreen drain and found the drivers side drain blocked. Cleaned that out. Windows don't seem to mist up but the instrumentsare still...
  7. hod05

E class window rattle

Yes rattles when fully closed but not so much when opened a bit. It seems to have some movment when handling it. Tired the gummy pledge. The out real rail dosn't appear to be tight against the glass anymore and so I was thinking of replacing these anyway. I just wondered I the deals do anything...
  8. hod05

E class window rattle

2010 E class cab drivers window rattles. I'm thinking of removing the door card and checking the bolts that hold the glass. Other thing I've noticed is the outer seal no longer pushes tightly against the glass. Thinking of replacing the seal too so it presses tightly against the bottom edge of...
  9. hod05

What does oil in Coolant look like (diesel engine)

It was cold I checked it the next day after driving 80 miles. Then a couple of hours after getting home again.
  10. hod05

Ended up doing the trip. Topped up so that the sensor was completely covered which took about half a mug full of distilled water. Drove 80 mile there. Checked and didn't appear to have dropped, drove 80 mile back and its hard to tell of its gone down at all. If it has its ever so slightly temp...
  11. hod05

It doesn't look to have lost anything in the last week although it's not driven. I had a look and saw the two clips for the filter but couldn't remove them by hand. I topped up with distilled water required about half a tea mug full to cover the sensor went for a little drive doesn't look to...
  12. hod05

Thanks for the advice everyone. Is it possible to top this up with distilled water from Halfords? I'm not sure I want to use tap water and I don't want to risk mixing in the wrong Coolant. I've not driven it since I noticed the leak but I'm wanting to buy a 5l bottle of distilled water so I can...
  13. hod05

Yeh I seen those posts and most people suggest it could be the fuel filter housing. I ran the engine but cannot see any leak. But there is a puddle under. I'll remove the filter and have a look inside. I just wanted to ask about the fluids mixing because I need the car at the weekend but...
  14. hod05

What about the brown looking Coolant? That's what I'm worried about. If it's just an external leak I'll top up and do my trip
  15. hod05

What does oil getting into the Coolant look like in a diesel engine? My Coolant is brown looking. Makes me wonder if its getting oil into it. My E250 has a Coolant leak and is dripping onto the road. It's booked in but I need to make a 2 hour round trip drive between now and then garage...
  16. hod05

654 engine timing chain recall

To be fair I don't think 651 is even that bad apart from the timing chain. Loads out there now with 100,000s of miles especially taxis
  17. hod05

654 engine timing chain recall

Ah sorry I was wrong I was thinking of om651I thought this was the same engine.
  18. hod05

2010 E250 cdi Coolant leak

Where is the fuel filter casing located? The engine bay is bone dry but a definite trickle can be seen underneath.
  19. hod05

OK thanks is that located near the back of the engine by any chance? Difficult to see where it coming from but the puddle appears to be roughly where the flywheel would be rear of engine bay. But that could just be where it drips off the under tray I guess not necessarily where it originates
  20. hod05

OK thanks. Cars always been serviced by a good indie so I'm sure they use correct antifreeze. Brown colour has me worried looked green/clear on the paper though. I wonder if the fuel filter housing has cracked.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom