Search results

1. AndySlade

ambient lighting not working

Where was it hiding?
  2. AndySlade

ambient lighting not working

That looks like the fuse box in the engine bay judging by the translucent hydraulic reservoir I can see. Do you have a fuse box at the RHS end of the dashboard when you open RHS front door? Sometimes, not sure with your model there is a folded paper diagram giving all fuses and relay...
  3. AndySlade

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

Hint - Model size same as Cosworth engined model. Lovely looking car
  4. AndySlade

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

It’s when they comment on your taste in music in the car you should be worried about. Ferrying my grandson aged 8yrs old and he comments on the Beatles medley I am playing via my iPod, Grandad do Mercedes always play old men’s music? I told him it was the Beatles and Classic, his reply, “boring’.
  5. AndySlade

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

With genuine wheel as a spare do the fronts and backs have different offset? I know my rears won’t fit the front of my S203, when I accidentally tried to fit one when changed over from winter to summmer wheels. Did not try it the other way around. Luckily I have a Mercedes Space saver as...
  6. AndySlade

Multi purpose vehicle.

Rescue pod! Suit all your other vehicles, multipurpose.
  7. AndySlade

Multi purpose vehicle.

Thought that was 00slk new motor for a moment
  8. AndySlade

Which brake fluid?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115748389115
  9. AndySlade

Which brake fluid?

Brake fluid I am sure Halfrauds or larger motor factor must have something suitable. I always use the attached link to find correct fluids for my MB https://operatingfluids.mercedes-benz.com/ Link to DOT at Hafords...
  10. AndySlade

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Somebody nicked your Landy spare wheel from off the bonnet?
  11. AndySlade

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

Right make wrong model, but still claiming a win!
  12. AndySlade

Black Artico

Artico is not leather, not even vegan leather whatever that is. It’s plastic and will deteriorate over time. Leather wipes smell nice, but as stated above I would just use baby wet wipes to clean seats.
  13. AndySlade

Suspension Top Mount block has no threaded holes for the bolts, just smooth holes

I also had a thermostat like that, thought it had missed quality control. I tapped the holes before fitting. There were blind holes for the bracket that held flexible hoses, so taper tap and bottom tap!
  14. AndySlade

Automatic Gearbox Service

Speak with one of the recommended Indies and take their advice. I usually have my older S203 gearbox serviced by Cole at MBS. Pan off thoroughly washed inc magnet. New filter pan gasket and fresh fluid.
  15. AndySlade

Steering wheel buttons.

Disconnect battery as air bag is within steering wheel boss
  16. AndySlade

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

I had the Corgi model with the ejector seat!
  17. AndySlade

Wheel change gear.

Did your beetle have the washer bottle pressurised from the spare wheel like mine did? That and the switching relay on the headlights that meant that you always pulled lever towards you to go from main beam to dipped and vice-versa. Almost gassed myself when the exhaust heat exchangers were...
  18. AndySlade

Wheel change gear.

The standard Mercedes kit used to be: 1. a jack 2. a wheel nut brace to fit wheel bolts 3. a wheel chock (extra precaution to stop car moving whilst jacked up) also possibly an alignment pin to help fit wheel to the hub you also need to check the wheel you got fits over the brake calipers at...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom