Search results

1. P

Looking for a garage to rebuild my ABC valve block

Its the lock solenoid that holds the fluid in the strut to stop the car dropping when its parked up. The lock solenoid uses a metal to metal seal to hold the fluid in, so changing seals wont do anything to help. The sealing faces probably just need a clean but a garage will spend much more time...
  2. P

MANDATORY RECALL: Software update for your diesel engine

Like the rest of us, youd probably get a more accurate picture of the polluters by looking in a mirror. Banks and oil companies have just met a demand from those in the first worlds mirrors. Most people have made alot of money by being able to easily commute to the job of their choice, shop...
  3. P

Other than a suicide case I doubt there are any death certificates with "car emissions" as the cause of death on them. Thats because car emissions are PART of the problem, as stated.
  4. P

Not sure that pointing out a well known hazard would make me an environmentalist??
  5. P

Killing people prematurely caused in part by car emmissions is pretty dangerous
  6. P

Planning to tackle the R230 rusty arches...

Yep, thats the worst that could happen. Whatever you do give the inside of the arch and the lower side of thd lip a good soaking in waxoyl whilst the whole lot is dry and straight after painting. Wipe any excess of the verticle face of the arch that you can see but leave a good layer on the...
  7. P

Planning to tackle the R230 rusty arches...

The pictures you posted dont look too bad to me. If the lip under the arch, the bit that holds the dirt, is still intact so that it gives the arch rigidity, Id strip the paint off to bare metal and treat/prime with whatever you want. Very important that once stripped and before you prime, you...
  8. P

City Diesel Bans.

Like an enhanced rail network, electric buses, enhanced cycle network and expensive electric cars that the masses cant or dont want to pay for. The writing is on the wall for everyone to see
  9. P

Any interest in a group buy for ABC fluid?

£9.35/ltr delivered in 20 ltr drums from Power Enhancer on ebay:)
  10. P

SL500 R230 ABC servicing

Unless theres a visible oil leak, then struts dropping is the lock solenoid leaking whilst the car is stood. The lock solenoid is a metal to metal seal so new seals wont fix it. Likely its a build up of crud on the sealing faces which may be cleared with a fluid change but may need the solenoid...
  11. P

Electric cars..been reading on the other forum...I have some thoughts

The oldboy in the MGB wont get a look in after the weaving cyclists have done their bit
  12. P

R230 - Leather seat restorer

Gliptone will mix up dyes to order and do a range of leather cleaners and conditioners- leaves the cabin smelling beautifully of old leather:)
  13. P

Electric cars..been reading on the other forum...I have some thoughts

EVs may well be on their way, but with an estimated 30% increase in grid capacity required to power them for mass use, I think they could just be driveway ornaments if sales pick up big time. Its taken over a century to get the petrol and diesel fuelling infrastructure in place so even if things...
  14. P

Deadly SBC failure - warranty extension in USA and Canada

I guess thats a question for Michelin and Winrun engineers?? Not directly related to your question, but I dare say that if those doing the testing in the chart above fitted the same tyre to an SBC and a similar non SBC equipped car theyd see a difference in stopping distance in some common...
  15. P

That's not correct. Once youve got full braking effect then grip is usually the limiting factor. Stopping distance includes time to reach full braking effect which is quicker with SBC for the reasons stated many times previously.
  16. P

@Botus. What you describe is not how SBC works on anyone elses car thats commented on this thread. As you claim its a dangerous system and yours isnt working right, why on earth are you still driving the car on the road? You need to get the car checked over by someone who understands SBC and...
  17. P

Assuming your talking about SBC and not ABC, then what youre describing is not how SBC works and certainly not how it worked on my SL. If you whip your foot off the throttle, SBC pre charges the brakes to bring the pads into contact with the discs but not that you'd notice. If you then rapidly...
  18. P

As living motorcyclist of 43 years I can be fairly confident in saying that if your needing to "react very quickly" to cretins on the road, youre not looking far enough ahead and/or being very reactive in your riding. I for one dont have to "save my own life every ride" Unless theres a fault in...
  19. P

One of SBCs features is to pre empt the need for an emergency stop if the throttle is lifted rapidly, and pre charge the brakes. If the brake pedal is then "jumped on", SBC assumes the need for an emergency stop and slams the brakes on until the driver backs off the brake pedal. Maybe you or...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom