Search results

1. KennyN

ambient lighting not working

Can`t you just disconnect the battery ? Only things that should need resetting on connection is the windows and possibly the presets on the tranny (if you can say that now-a-days) K
  2. KennyN

Emergency key.

Does the reserve key not open the drivers door ? If it does this should let you open the bonnet and put a power supply onto the jump start points , or at least pop the boot from inside the vehicle. K
  3. KennyN

Because SCR tampered with

Who was it that ran the diagnostics , main dealer / indy or mate with a scanner ? How did the electrician check the wiring ? Was it the ambient lighting fault or the SCR that they were checking ? K
  4. KennyN

Steel fuel line repair - brass or plastic?

When looking at the above repair kit it looks like the push on fittings are for the hard plastic pipe ,the rubber pipe take the internal ribbed fittings secured with jubilee clamps. Also the max pressure is 5bar in ideal applications (80%) of what you have in the system. We use these push on...
  5. KennyN

Steel fuel line repair - brass or plastic?

That plastic fitting is a Festo (?) air connection designed to work with Festo (?) plastic air lines and i certainly would not be putting fuel through it as there is no way of knowing how the internals will react to petrol or at how much pressure it will fail , plus the pipes would need to be a...
  6. KennyN

Best type of coil spring compressor?

This ^ , unless i was doing it on a regular basis the above is they way i did it with the W219. Anytime i have replaced springs myself i always take the struts into work and stick them in a 6" vice with ratchet straps on the springs to save loosing a body-part should one come adrift. K
  7. KennyN

Stuck and broken coolant temp sensor (OM642) nightmare

FWIW i would remove the fuel rail , three pipe connectors and a couple of bolts , to get better access. Look like you used a wood screw , try a 6mm self tapper and possibly heat it up to melt the plastic around it as it is going in to get a better grip. It will either pull out the whole sensor...
  8. KennyN

Stuck and broken coolant temp sensor (OM642) nightmare

Missed that part of the post :oops: K
  9. KennyN

new steering wheel fitted

Was the battery disconnected before the wheel was replaced ? If not then i would expect the errors you have. K
  10. KennyN

Block connector testing

What does it do and how much is a new one as it looks a pretty basic component ? K
  11. KennyN

Wheel Bearing Failure

If the hub and associated suspension components have been on the vehicle for 20 years then expect some difficulty in removing the hub etc , it may go according to plan but you may need to replace more than the hub. When the bearing collapsed it could have knackered the stub shaft or the bearing...
  12. KennyN

Road Tax

BMW now down to £180 due to the fact that it is now outwith the "luxury tax" age , unfortunately the Porker isn`t and is presently £660 for another 18 months. Something wrong when their combined monthly Road Tax is more than their combined monthly fuel costs. K
  13. KennyN

Air suspension hell

Levelling rods connect from a fixed part of the underbody to a movable part of the suspension , the sensor is some kind of variable resistor which feeds a value back to a module which controls the height within the suspension airbags. The linkages are either broken ,in which case the vehicle...
  14. KennyN

Anyone here own a Porsche Cayenne?

The transfer box is the Achilles heel of the VAG drive system , loads of info out there how to check. A quick test on your test drive is brisk acceleration from standstill whilst on almost full lock , any skipping or expensive mechanical noises could point to a failing or failed unit. The root...
  15. KennyN

The basic eight way "comfort" seats are great , possibly greater with the sixteen way adjustable ones. Dont know if the sport seats were an option on the 958 but on the newer model they are no where near as comfy as the older non-sports seats. Did London in one go from Glasgow in the old...
  16. KennyN

Indeed i am : You will be looking a a 958 Gen from 2012 - 2018. I owned the above for 2.5 years with minimal issues , mine was the 3.0 diesel with around 70k miles. Only things that actually went wrong were an ABS sensor on the rear offside corner , ride height linkage broke due to a pothole...
  17. KennyN

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Picked it up from the MD after a repair for a leaking coolant pipe , all done and thank F for the approved used warranty as it was a five hour job plus the part. Did a bit of digging last night at work regarding a replacement starter battery should i require one in the future , so i asked the...
  18. KennyN

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Called the breakdown services for the first time in my 41 years of driving as the Cayenne sprung a coolant leak from an aluminium hose just below the expansion tank. AA (via Porsche) arrived at 21.00 to start the ball rolling regarding the repair at the main dealer , we will now see how the...
  19. KennyN

Tyres crabbing jumping in slow turns, plus rear wheels spin in any conditions with such a powerful car pulling away

Trying this also , however reversing from the driveway onto our narrow street involves two lock -> lock turns meaning much crapping / skipping from the tyres and much wincing from me. K
Top Bottom