Search results

1. P

Mercedes-benz owners insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

I also got insurance with Sheilas wheels (aka ESURE) 2003 SL500 for £215.... no brainer
  2. P

Drilled holes on brake discs filling up and causing brake fade

think that's the point i was making..[emoji16] Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. P

Drilled holes on brake discs filling up and causing brake fade

Not sure if this has been mentioned.... Mercedes brake pads are now asbestos free, most car manufacturers are ,, which means they are harder.... think you can still get pads which are softer and more efficient .. not sure if they are completely free of asbestos tho'.. Sent from my Nexus 5 using...
  4. P

Braking vibration , control arm gasket replacement .

I replaced both arms on the o/s and n/s on my CL earlier this year ... stub axle bottom pivot was a bugger but the antiroll bar bushes were OK .... thing is I couldn't see how the caster and camber could be adjusted ..the mounting holes were not elongated !!!!. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. P

W215 CL600 ABC to Coilovers?

Glad you are keeping CL original with regard to ABC .. my CL600 96,000mls has all the original vac hoses and runs at higher temp than your average engine. those in the US might deteriate quicker.. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. P

W215 CL600 ABC to Coilovers?

I love the ride of the ABC system and from the feedback I have read the coil overs do not give the same comfort although I have not experienced the ride..For example there is no compensation when cornering. I have had most of my system apart and have found that removal of valve blocks and...
  7. P

DIY Brake Caliper Overhaul Questions/Advice

I had clamps on my hoses so that the system kept lubricated....took a couple of months because I had the subframe off .. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  8. P

DIY Brake Caliper Overhaul Questions/Advice

Just done all four on my R107 .. note the name on the caliper ... measure piston diameter ... check see if calipers will unbolt in two halfs because you will need seals between the joining surfaces...I hammerited mine few years back but this time I used etched primer and high temp ( E- Tech XHT...
  9. P

My 2019/2020 policy

Well I can't fault Chris Knott for insurance. A R107SL and a R129SL limited to 3000 miles each for just under £389. Their staff couldn't be more helpful sorting out my options. Thank you. Dave
  10. P

Mercedes-benz owners insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

Been with Chris Knott for a few years now alternating my R107 with R129 one year and the CL600 the next year. Insurance due next month. :( My favourite time of the year!!!!!!!!
  11. P

R107 500SL Cruise control actuator removal

For future reference ... As stated by van883 ...the location of the connector is behind the o/s front valance between the headlight and radiator. Slide it up wards to remove it from the panel. With a bit of care you can lift the cap off of the plug to reveal the colours of the wires. I now need...
  12. P

W215 front suspension bottom kit

Craig, Had to paint them red to match the rears, ;);):D:D
  13. P

W215 front suspension bottom kit

Replaced bottom track control arms complete with new bottom swivel ball joint on the n/s/f. Bit of hassle getting the two alan key grub screws out as they are loctited in therefore heat had to be applied to enable them to free off. Will do the o/s/f later. Not sure how to adjust/reset the castor...
  14. P

R107 front crossmember recon

Thought you would like to see what I've been up to lately. Removed front crossmember. Had it shot blasted and powder coated ( Maldon powder coating and short-blasting Co. ). Painted gloss black. Fitted new rubber mounts and reassembled . Had to support the chassis and the engine independently...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom