Search results

1. Headhurts

Burmester OEM RETRO FIT C Class W205

I have the Burmester system in my 2021 GLC and love it but I would imagine it to be cost prohibitive to fit this aftermarket. There are 2 bass speakers fitted somewhere under the dash and in total 13 speakers around the car along with amplifiers associated wiring. It Would be much cheaper to...
  2. Headhurts

Touch Screens vs Physical Buttons

My GLC has many of the controls on steering wheel that are relevant to most functions and MBUX is pretty good at understanding most voice commands. My Zanussi induction oven has rotary controls for the hobs and double ovens but it does beep and complain a lot and sometimes inexplicably turns...
  3. Headhurts

E300 Hybrid Automatic gearbox problem

I had one of these brand new from 2014 to 2016 and it was faultless and although I really have no technical knowledge to help you I can say that these cars are very complex. It appears to me you may have already spent a fair bit on your car. If you are determined to get yours up and running...
  4. Headhurts

Dealer servicing costs

Just had a 3 year service on my 2021 GLC300 along with MOT at £595.44, includes spark plugs, air filter, oh! I nearly forgot the nice video detailing the underside of car along with tyres and brakes. Robin
  5. Headhurts

Ceramic Coatings

I had mine done recently using this https://waxisdead.com/ceramic-coatings/ultra-ceramic-coating/ These coatings are not cheap and the car beads well but I’m not sure if I would bother again especially as my car is garaged and well cared for. Robin
  6. Headhurts

Apple CarPlay

If you have it in your car it is not wireless you need to connect the phone via a usb cable to centre consul then it pops up on the screen. The car data sheet should show it if it was part of the build spec. Robin
  7. Headhurts

Wiper blades noisy

Must be luck of the draw but mine were pretty awful on brand new cars. It is annoying though having paid a decent sum of money to see them skipping and juddering across the screen. Robin
  8. Headhurts

Wiper blades noisy

Mercedes wipers in my experience are pants! I had a brand new E300 Hybrid in 2014 and the wipers skipped and juddered across the screen, changing wipers, cleaning screen etc did not cure this issue. In 2016 I purchased a brand new E350 S212 model and the wipers on this skipped and juddered...
  9. Headhurts

E Class E200h MHEV

I have a 2021 GLC300 with 48v mild hybrid system and I do read the forums regularly but cannot recall too many posts about problems with this system but as has been said it is relatively new. 110 being sold throughout the U.K. does not strike me as a big problem considering how many cars have...
  10. Headhurts

Extended Warranty

I sort of agree with your logic, that said I have today extended the warranty on my 2021 GLC for what I consider to be avery reasonable £432 for 12 months running from Jan 24. My current car is my 4th Mercedes and the only outlay was for a rear shock absorber on my S212 which was a year out of...
  11. Headhurts

Annoying rattle at low speeds after a while...

That would be difficult to diagnose as quite often where you think a noise is coming from is not, but good luck. Robin
  12. Headhurts

12V BATTERY ISSUES WITH GLC 4MATIC AMG LINE COUPE 2022

I watched a video on YouTube I believe where someone had a problem with their GLC battery constantly going flat, the car had keyless ignition and the keys where stored quite near the car so we’re constantly communicating with the car causing the car battery to go flat. Robin
  13. Headhurts

Led Headlights v Bi-Xenon

I had a Mercedes with the standard LED lights which were bright but did have a very distinct cut off, the later cars with LED Intelligent Lighting really are a revelation and make driving at night far less stressful. Robin
  14. Headhurts

MBUX Dashcam & USB Devices

Thank you for this info it seems the system needs some sort of update as I have 4 type C connections in my car but get limited to using only 1 if I use the Dashcam. Robin
  15. Headhurts

Yes I had something in my mind along that line hence my question prior to purchasing this item but I’m blowed if I can find it in searching. Thanks for the reply. Robin
  16. Headhurts

I have a 2021 GLC and following an update to MBUX the Dashcam option is now available for a one off fee of £200. If I purchase this it will be connected to a 256gb USB storage device, now I also have a USB device connected where my music is stored and I use this regularly. I wonder if any...
  17. Headhurts

Chrome Trim

I purchased the kit for my GLC Premium Plus, the chrome trim around windows were marked with water spots that did not get removed using my GTECHNIQ Water spot remover but were mostly removed using the kit supplied by Morethanpolish. The window trim looks like it’s a plastic material but the...
  18. Headhurts

Online Service history issues

MercedesMe will only display services that have been carried out under your ownership not one’s done via previous owners, something to do with data protection according to Mercedes when I queried this with them. That said the dealership should be able to help out with print outs that display...
  19. Headhurts

Greetings from East Anglia.

Welcome from a fellow East Anglia dweller
  20. Headhurts

Scrubbing tyres

I have had two S212 (estates) and neither suffered from this issue. Robin

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom