Search results

1. B

Ad blu engine management warning with count down message

some docs on what the adblue fault codes mean
  2. B

2006 SL350 R230 Setting the Time

as you all seem to think I'm making it up - FYI this doc is to use the old incorrect update disc - not the one I fixed as Merc have no idea what they are doing - mine means lots of cars from mid 2007 actually accept the patch too....
  3. B

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

that should be interesting just had a rummage - didn't find much on the engine re updates.... lots of fun (incredibly for so late in the 7G life) on the gearbox with over 7 fixes much of which were line pressure / set up issues and software tweaks for facelift 221 then found 2 on adblue...
  4. B

again gear loss

not sure I get the stay away message - all brands of cars have followed the mercedes development since 1995, with design to fail - its gone through phases - where merc damaged its reputation with the 220 and had to wind back the time to death across the board - then had a better idea and joined...
  5. B

changing the time zone in an attempt to bodge about the GPS roll over issue is not such a great solution -the service assist brain works via the correct date (you no longer have) -the time of arrival on the GPS is confused - and depending upon which point of the year we are in, which country...
  6. B

they are ALL broken - My patched 221 knows the time and date..... yours won't. The issue that riled most 221 owners was the analogue clock ran behind time and or ran at a different time to the digital one The GPS week number rollover is a phenomenon that happens every 1,024 weeks, which is...
  7. B

R230 has NTG2.5 - the issue is likely the same one afflicting car's where the automatic time signal is derived from satellites - they all moved in April 2019 in a WNRO Event - but the car didn't - Mercs view was they are old we don't care - a few much later cars can be updated with a small...
  8. B

Hi I’m a relatively new member, hoping I might be able to get some advice. A lady on her own got no man to help me.-lol could do with a bit of advice

Most cars since 2000 have three main warning lights - but later cars get more - they all come on to check the bulbs / circuits as you first turn the key on all should extinguish and stay off for the entire journey 1, 2, 3, below go off when the engine is running - 4, 5, 6, 7 below are other...
  9. B

Recommend me a diagnostic scanner to buy

ALL these tools need as many updates as you can get hold of - I think it comes with NOTHING you go online and get the updates and they are pretty good.... But I thought most of the exciting stuff is linked to single car brand versions? - although its usually missing software - the tools isn't...
  10. B

Recommend me a diagnostic scanner to buy

how many cars or brands do you want to play with ? car diagnostics tends to fall in 4 categories 1) ODB2 std - budget rubbish - free phone apps - and only tells of a few 'ideas' that could be wrong on the way the engine and gearbox are behaving... the law mandated the car must provide 5 out a...
  11. B

Changes to fuel / E10

the mix u use is unclear to me - modern oils 40 to 1 (2.5% oil) is normal for modern bikes, 25 to 1 (4% oil) is often too much and it also alters the AF mixture (to rich) interesting point on dipetane - I guess would need to ask them - I expect its safe - but a nuisance if not...
  12. B

Useless battery chargers

when scanning diagnostics on cars and bikes - often the battery isn't able to cope holding the voltage where it needs - whilst a lot of garages bodge it up scanning whilst running, you aren't meant to and certain stuff can't cope - and if doing a bit more, some specifically demand the engine is...
  13. B

W221 Genuines MB Discs & Pads looking dangerous within less than 3,000 miles - what is the potential issue?

all the holes on the drilled OEM front discs on mine where totally blocked in less than 20k miles of use - I drilled then all out one by one the other day, (I think with a 7mm drill - on the front and rear face) I guess this crud splintering off would likely leave a debris pattern of score...
  14. B

Tyre pressure check light run flat indicator

this might be linked to indirect tyre height misreading - I've just been doing wheel bearings - on many Merc's the rotating element of the reluctor feeding wheel speed to the ABS wheel sensor - is the face of the bearing seal... Never looked before but you get a pattern build up on the seal...
  15. B

W221 S350 - should suspension drop whilst parked?

ODD - I got a thx and thought the last post was asking how to calibrate ride height - oh well FREE info the official way to do the suspension level is 4 electronic angle sensors that get magnetically attached on the suspension arms - these feed readings back to Xentry and it sorts itself out...
  16. B

Changes to fuel / E10

UK ESSO E5 was in certain geographic locations (most) ALWAYS E0 fuel, (it was UK law than meant all UK super unleaded pumps display a sticker saying E5 - not that any brands were obligated to put any Ethanol rot in there). However this year that all changed - when you checked their website...
  17. B

Changes to fuel / E10

E10 fuels Bikes are a much rawer experience than a car. Cars have everything so rubber mounted and with so slop in the drive train, the engine can be doing somersaults and feel OK. Thus on a bike you can feel the impact of rubbish fuel far more easily. Their performance, power to weight...
  18. B

Changes to fuel / E10

old world rubber and ethanol is a nightmare.... it eats the stuff - don't let it near your wiper blades, or screen seals - on carbs and fuel taps its game over - and on old stuff parts are often unobtainium now that's the game, trash the planet ever faster for corporate profit (to fund AI and...
  19. B

Fossil teaser

very affordable €12k got an interesting pug - if it was the v6 I'd go and get it
  20. B

Fossil teaser

insider trading - that wasn't in the rule book :) this and some stuff last year, all came from a place I went to in the Netherlands a few years back - weird free museum / classic car sales (a really huge site) they have lots of stock at the minute - shed loads of Mercs -...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom