Search results

1. B

Ad blu engine management warning with count down message

some docs on what the adblue fault codes mean
  2. B

2006 SL350 R230 Setting the Time

as you all seem to think I'm making it up - FYI this doc is to use the old incorrect update disc - not the one I fixed as Merc have no idea what they are doing - mine means lots of cars from mid 2007 actually accept the patch too....
  3. B

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

that should be interesting just had a rummage - didn't find much on the engine re updates.... lots of fun (incredibly for so late in the 7G life) on the gearbox with over 7 fixes much of which were line pressure / set up issues and software tweaks for facelift 221 then found 2 on adblue...
  4. B

again gear loss

not sure I get the stay away message - all brands of cars have followed the mercedes development since 1995, with design to fail - its gone through phases - where merc damaged its reputation with the 220 and had to wind back the time to death across the board - then had a better idea and joined...
  5. B

changing the time zone in an attempt to bodge about the GPS roll over issue is not such a great solution -the service assist brain works via the correct date (you no longer have) -the time of arrival on the GPS is confused - and depending upon which point of the year we are in, which country...
  6. B

they are ALL broken - My patched 221 knows the time and date..... yours won't. The issue that riled most 221 owners was the analogue clock ran behind time and or ran at a different time to the digital one The GPS week number rollover is a phenomenon that happens every 1,024 weeks, which is...
  7. B

R230 has NTG2.5 - the issue is likely the same one afflicting car's where the automatic time signal is derived from satellites - they all moved in April 2019 in a WNRO Event - but the car didn't - Mercs view was they are old we don't care - a few much later cars can be updated with a small...
  8. B

Hi I’m a relatively new member, hoping I might be able to get some advice. A lady on her own got no man to help me.-lol could do with a bit of advice

Most cars since 2000 have three main warning lights - but later cars get more - they all come on to check the bulbs / circuits as you first turn the key on all should extinguish and stay off for the entire journey 1, 2, 3, below go off when the engine is running - 4, 5, 6, 7 below are other...
  9. B

Recommend me a diagnostic scanner to buy

ALL these tools need as many updates as you can get hold of - I think it comes with NOTHING you go online and get the updates and they are pretty good.... But I thought most of the exciting stuff is linked to single car brand versions? - although its usually missing software - the tools isn't...
  10. B

Recommend me a diagnostic scanner to buy

how many cars or brands do you want to play with ? car diagnostics tends to fall in 4 categories 1) ODB2 std - budget rubbish - free phone apps - and only tells of a few 'ideas' that could be wrong on the way the engine and gearbox are behaving... the law mandated the car must provide 5 out a...
  11. B

Changes to fuel / E10

the mix u use is unclear to me - modern oils 40 to 1 (2.5% oil) is normal for modern bikes, 25 to 1 (4% oil) is often too much and it also alters the AF mixture (to rich) interesting point on dipetane - I guess would need to ask them - I expect its safe - but a nuisance if not...
  12. B

Useless battery chargers

when scanning diagnostics on cars and bikes - often the battery isn't able to cope holding the voltage where it needs - whilst a lot of garages bodge it up scanning whilst running, you aren't meant to and certain stuff can't cope - and if doing a bit more, some specifically demand the engine is...
  13. B

W221 Genuines MB Discs & Pads looking dangerous within less than 3,000 miles - what is the potential issue?

all the holes on the drilled OEM front discs on mine where totally blocked in less than 20k miles of use - I drilled then all out one by one the other day, (I think with a 7mm drill - on the front and rear face) I guess this crud splintering off would likely leave a debris pattern of score...
  14. B

Tyre pressure check light run flat indicator

this might be linked to indirect tyre height misreading - I've just been doing wheel bearings - on many Merc's the rotating element of the reluctor feeding wheel speed to the ABS wheel sensor - is the face of the bearing seal... Never looked before but you get a pattern build up on the seal...
  15. B

W221 S350 - should suspension drop whilst parked?

ODD - I got a thx and thought the last post was asking how to calibrate ride height - oh well FREE info the official way to do the suspension level is 4 electronic angle sensors that get magnetically attached on the suspension arms - these feed readings back to Xentry and it sorts itself out...
  16. B

Changes to fuel / E10

UK ESSO E5 was in certain geographic locations (most) ALWAYS E0 fuel, (it was UK law than meant all UK super unleaded pumps display a sticker saying E5 - not that any brands were obligated to put any Ethanol rot in there). However this year that all changed - when you checked their website...
  17. B

Changes to fuel / E10

E10 fuels Bikes are a much rawer experience than a car. Cars have everything so rubber mounted and with so slop in the drive train, the engine can be doing somersaults and feel OK. Thus on a bike you can feel the impact of rubbish fuel far more easily. Their performance, power to weight...
  18. B

Changes to fuel / E10

old world rubber and ethanol is a nightmare.... it eats the stuff - don't let it near your wiper blades, or screen seals - on carbs and fuel taps its game over - and on old stuff parts are often unobtainium now that's the game, trash the planet ever faster for corporate profit (to fund AI and...
  19. B

Fossil teaser

very affordable €12k got an interesting pug - if it was the v6 I'd go and get it
  20. B

Fossil teaser

insider trading - that wasn't in the rule book :) this and some stuff last year, all came from a place I went to in the Netherlands a few years back - weird free museum / classic car sales (a really huge site) they have lots of stock at the minute - shed loads of Mercs -...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom