Search results

1. L

CLK W209 - How to remove number plate lighting units

The plastic boot lid cover comes off, if you take the interior trim off, you can see the number plate lighting units and if I recall correctly the boot lid fixtures. You won't remove the old units without removing the plastic boot lid cover. I actually have a set that I've purchased but never...
  2. L

Widest tyre size possible on 19"AMG rims CLK320 2005

That sounds very narrow for rear wheels. You need to know the width of the alloy.
  3. L

Body shop recommendations - South East

Still checking out various places, anyone used Cambridge Accident Repair in Fareham or Chichester Cars in Chichester?
  4. L

Thanks for all recommendations, I would worry too much about the paintwork to put the car on a tightly packed ferry crossing :) If Cole’s recommendation is not too far away, it sounds like a good option.
  5. L

With so many rookie jobs out there, just want to make sure to find a place that will carry out the job to the best standard. They all seem to use the same card of dropping in a couple of high end brands that they’ve worked on before...
  6. L

Can someone recommend a good bodyshop on the South Coast near Portsmouth. Preferably from personal experience.
  7. L

CLK W209 front seat-back can't tilt!

Think I've got those from you Malcolm, they show the exposed internals right?
  8. L

CLK W209 - How to remove number plate lighting units

Hi guys, after a number of unsuccessful attempts to fit led bulbs into my current number plate lighting units, I went for the actual led integrated units themselves, but don't really know how to get the old units out to replace with the new. The car is a 2006 CLK Couple w209 These are the...
  9. L

I've not had the time to have a look at mine again, but will report back if I do so. Have you had any luck with the adjustment of the headrest cable? I feel as the release isn't catching the mechanism to unlock the seat to tilt forward, right side is perfect, the issue is on the left - seems...
  10. L

I tried that, dint work for me, but the headrest cable is connected to the side that gets stuck too - wonder if that could be causing an issue somehow.
  11. L

I would hazard a guess that the cable is under strain with the back cover on, which means that it should be slackened slightly to operate properly. Although, might me completely the other way round... At least the back cover is only held on by two screws, so it's easy to get in.
  12. L

Thanks, will report back (with success hopefully). I remember taking it apart once, it all worked as it should with the rear cover off & was back to usual non working mode with the cover on..
  13. L

Malcolm, I'd love that information too! PM on the way.
  14. L

CLK w209 Comand retrofit

Hi Guys, I'm looking to retrofit a Comand unit to my 2006 w209 CLK (Face Lift). I have done a lot of reading on the topic but want to make sure that I'm 100% familiar with the process & know what I'm doing whilst at it - without having any concerns or uncertainties. I'll only be choosing...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom