Search results

1. Grotbag

Indy in Enfield, North London

Give Merc Care a call. They are based in Brunswick Park Road, New Southgate, N11 http://www.merc-care.co.uk/
  2. Grotbag

S205 C Class Estate Roof Bars

Thank you I have an old Halfords roof box that does not fit the aero bars. My choice is to buy wider 'U' fittings and drill new holes in the box or buy 'T' fittings. I can easily get 90mm 'U' fittings but not sure which 'T' fittings to buy
  3. Grotbag

Any idea who makes the Mercedes standard roof bars?
  4. Grotbag

I want to buy some roof bars for my S205 2015 C Class Estate Genuine Mercedes bars cost £200. (Part Number A2058900193) I can buy other makes on Ebay or Halfords for around £100. Obviously I want a roof bar system that is going to be secure and also easy to take on and off without damaging the...
  5. Grotbag

Do I dare say this?

It has to have 4 seats, even if the 2 in the back is small. The options were a BMW 4 Series Convertible or E Class We already have a very nice 2015 C Class Estate with all the toys so we don't want a large second car.
  6. Grotbag

Do I dare say this?

You have all been too kind to me!!! Remember my 14 year old CLK is the 200K. More importantly my wife likes the mini!
  7. Grotbag

Do I dare say this?

I am keeping my C Class Estate but have decided to change my 2005 CLK 200K convertible for...... a a 2016 Mini John Cooper Works Convertible!!!! Let the abuse start :)
  8. Grotbag

Help Please CLK Instrument Cluster Dead

Hi all My 2005 CLK 200 Convertible has a major problem. The instrument cluster is completely dead and so is the switch for the roof. Central console with satnav is fine and the car drives. My local non merc indi ( a friend) has looked at it. The car did not have a fuse map so we downloaded one...
  9. Grotbag

CLK A209 Convertible - Roof mechanism

Small problem with the roof mechanism. When opening roof all works fine until the last bit when the metal cover is supposed to come down. It stops and warns the boot cover is up. I then have to put the roof back up, open the boot and pull the boot cover forward a fraction. The roof will then...
  10. Grotbag

2005 CLK windscreen wiper arm

Hi all Slight problem with my CLK The passenger side windscreen wiper isn't working. Driver side OK The arm feels like it's not connected to anything. It is loose and floppy. Either it has disconnected itself or something has snapped. Any ideas if it's an easy fix for a complete novice or...
  11. Grotbag

Membership

Hi all I just noticed I am a Senior Member on this forum. How does the member status work?
  12. Grotbag

CLK Convertible - Seals

I have spoken before about the rattles from the convertible roof. Mine is a 2005 model. Now the weather has improved I have have been enjoying the top down experience. No noise at all from the windows. When the roof is up I realised that the noise from the seals is not a rattle but more of a...
  13. Grotbag

CLK Convertible - Seals

I have had my 10 year old A209 for about 4 months. I appreciate that a car of that age will squeak a bit on bumps. I must confess that about 6 years ago I had a VW Eos. A big discussion within the online Eos groups was the issue of roof noise due to the complicated folding roof. The solution...
  14. Grotbag

CLK Which model do I have?

Hi all I have read a number of posts over the past few months which often refer to facelift models. The question is how do I know which model do I have? I have a 2005 A209 200K Avantgarde convertible Regards Richard
  15. Grotbag

Gear Box Resetting

I've been reading various posts regarding fuel economy and it has been suggested that if you reset the gearbox, the car learns your style of driving and therefore will be more efficient I have looked at this video as to how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNGe3q_dnM I am...
  16. Grotbag

A209 CLK 2005 - Convertible Roof noise clunk

Hi all Can I ask some advise. I have had my CLK for about 4 weeks and have used it with the top down this weekend for the first time. The roof goes up and down without any problems but it does make a few noises. Can someone please tell me if the following is normal. ROOF GOING DOWN The...
  17. Grotbag

Engine Warning Light - Advise Please

I bought my 2005 CLK 200K 10 days ago. On Friday the Engine Warning Light came on (it looks light an orange engine) There are no other symptoms on the car. I spoke to the dealer on Sunday who told me to bring in the car today. However last night the light went out. The dealer said no a lot...
  18. Grotbag

New C220 Estate Advice

Hi I am new to this forum. I am about to order a new C220 Estate Sport. It is a company car The only extra I am going to get is Palladium Silver paint. I am going to get a black interior. I don't think there is much else that is needed to be added. The question is what wheels to choose. As...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom