Search results

1. barnaclebill15

CLK220 Drivers door mirror LED

Hi, noticed that the drivers door mirror LED was not flashing but later in the evening I can see it does flicker very slightly so is the LED ok just not getting enough power or will fitting another LED fix the problem ? they are on ebay for about £50.
  2. barnaclebill15

how to remove bonnet badge from my clk220

Hi all I want to remove my bonnet badge so I can paint my bonnet, what is the best way.
  3. barnaclebill15

CLK 220 drivers side quaterlight not operating when door opens or closes

Thanks for the advice, I tried open close on my drivers door and the quaterlight on about the third try it started working ok, I put it down to lack of use, not driven for five days.
  4. barnaclebill15

sorry I missed out it does go up and down just the door opening and closing operation is not working, presume a microswitch somewhere.
  5. barnaclebill15

Hi all, my CLK220 drivers side quaterlight is in the door open position (dropped back slightly) and is not operating, the passenger side is ok, is there a fuse for this or any thing I can check.
  6. barnaclebill15

W209 drivers wing mirror glass

Hi all, I have a 2006 220 CLK someone hit my drivers side wing mirror and the glass and backing plate popped out, lucky the casing and repeater indicator and fold operation and adjustment still operate so thought I'd get a cheap replacement on ebay. I found the backing plate in the road but it...
  7. barnaclebill15

CLK220 CDi Auto Intermittently cutting out

Thanks for the info but if it costs £650.00 i'll keep living with it, mine was good for a month then did it twice last week.
  8. barnaclebill15

CLK220 CDi Auto Intermittently cutting out

Hi and welcome, my 05 CLK with 201000 miles does this somtimes but just for a split second and restarts if rolling by itself. It does also have the odd time start when all goes out but usually second go works. It can go for weeks without a problem then will do it three days in a row, it has been...
  9. barnaclebill15

Just passed the 200,000 mile barrier today

Just passed the 200,000 mile barrier today, bought my CLK in 2015 with 59,000 on the clock, it needed a second hand auto box in the first six months but all other work has been fairly normal wear and tear.
  10. barnaclebill15

W209 right brake light problem returns

fixed this morning but don't know how, removed halfords bulb and replaced original, still nothing, pressed the brake pedal with a slab looked again at the contacts they look brand new an shiny thought sod it had another job to do went to replace the unit and the bulb lit up, never will...
  11. barnaclebill15

W209 right brake light problem returns

Got the warning light so changed the bulb, still no good, checked the old bulb and its fine, all the connections look clean and the wiring connector looks ok. Had this happen about 4 years ago and my indie just tried an original spare and it worked fine ever since till now.
  12. barnaclebill15

Simple motoring

I would prefer a Sunbeam Rapier, had covers in the front wings to prevent the dreaded rust there. Also overdrive on 3rd and 4th.
  13. barnaclebill15

Finally got my heater matrix back flushed

Looked on youtube found a one for draining the coolant, used trolly jack on front engine lifting point then realised my mistake. Plastic under tray would not come down with jack there, needed two ramps for clear access, that stopped the job, had already bought the antifreeze from Grangemouth. I...
  14. barnaclebill15

Finally got my heater matrix back flushed

For the last three years I have suffered with poor heat in the cabin in the winter, research on here pointed to a blocked matrix. Last summer I got ready to do the job, bought antifreeze and trolly jack but wife's illness interupted the job so I decided to to my indie to do the job, now have...
  15. barnaclebill15

slight hesitation when accelerating from slow speed

It has been normal for a couple of weeks now, had it booked in with my indie for this Friday but think I will cancel, no codes showing on my MB reader and car is behaving itself. Starting to wonder if it was a bad tank of supermarket diesel.
  16. barnaclebill15

Slow puncture

Got a slow puncture yesterday, found out when the alarm came on, it was the off side rear. This morning I got down and dirty examine the wheel, drive 1/4 turn and check again, third time saw the head of a posidrive screw in the mid section, sprayed soapy water on but no bubbles, surmised it only...
  17. barnaclebill15

recommend a good place to get my pads changed in Newcastle upon Tyne area

Update on the update, looks like my original thought was correct, the tyre fitter must have bent the wear sensor when he changed the front off side tyre, if I had known that this model clk has only one wear sensor I would not have turned my attention to the rear brake pads. When I pulled the...
  18. barnaclebill15

slight hesitation when accelerating from slow speed

Update, tried it in C comfort mode, it was ok for about 10 minutes but then same problem so at the next lights put it in park and changed back to S sport, since then it has behaved normally. I had not changed C and S postions for a long time so wonder if it was a poor contact
  19. barnaclebill15

Looking on internet found one report from a guy who had a 220 CLK sport that only had one wear sensor front offside, will take off front offside again and check resistance of sensor or replace it with the spare one I now have
  20. barnaclebill15

Update, got the pads and sensor this morning, chocked the front wheels, opened the barake fluid cover and paced rag, trolly jack onder axle and jack at side brake point. Took off off side wheel and no sensor!, removed brake pads, inside one not very worn and outside about half worn, had to use a...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom