Search results

1. Smaltze

W210 raising self leveling system upwards

Ive lowered my car a while back on recommended lowering springs and adjusted the self leveling by loosening the clamp on the sway bar. however when i did it i broke it and had to make a new clamp. It has worked and the SLS does work under load as it should. however the car does sit very very...
  2. Smaltze

w210 e320 cdi wont accelerate properly

i made a thread about this before but id rather start a new one now that i have more detail. Car used to be fine, one day driving the problem just started. everything feels normal, kick down works, can still drive fast. triptronic works perfectly, holds the gear in and lets me rev to...
  3. Smaltze

Fabrication Startup, we want to make things for you!

Hi all, We (myself and a friend) are looking to begin a fabrication business. We are allways making things for ourselves, and are looking to start selling the service! We have to our disposal an extremely well equipt workshop, ready to make whatever anyone desires. Machinery includes, CNC...
  4. Smaltze

Slipping feeling when pulling hard

My E320 w210 cdi. Used to be a dream accelerating, when I really floored it would rev up easily and fly off. Ever since one day of driving it hard and pulling, it's started to do this slipping type thing. It always happens at 2.5 to 3k revs when really flooring it. It feels like a slipping...
  5. Smaltze

Lacking in MPG after nearly a year

Ive had my S210 since early last year, when i first got it my best was 51 mpg on a long trip. it would shoot up to 40+ atleast easily on a not so long motorway commute. and easily 35-40 around town. Nowdays im honestly struggling to break 35 on the motorway with a feather foot, i hit 40 on a...
  6. Smaltze

I have changed my atf fluid - assumption

Just changed the atf fluid on my w210. I drained the sump with the car tilted back over night, removed the sump and cleaned it and changed the filter and gasket. I then reattatched and put in 3l of new fluid and luckily stopped there check what i should be doing. i didnt drain the...
  7. Smaltze

w210 throttle not returning to idle position

My throttle is getting stuck in the half on position. At first when in park turning it on it starting screaming up the revs and i had to switch off quickly before it redlined. The throttle springs back from full on to about 30-40% on position but wont go all the way back to the bottom, as if...
  8. Smaltze

w210 fan loose

Tried searching about and cant get the info i want. Im not sure what this fan is actually called, its the fan between the engine and the radiator that spins off the pulley system. Somehow, im not sure how the fan has been damaged, two of the blades have corners broken off. i actually believe...
  9. Smaltze

W210 AC Faulty

When i first bought the car early 2015 i had an uncomfortable summer because my AC wasnt working atall, wouldnt blow atall cold in general let alone with the ac on. I didn't bother getting it refilled. Now its winter and its the opposite, it wont blow even remotely hot. I finally got it...
  10. Smaltze

W210 E320 Hard limp mode strange cause

I was working on my nearside electrics box and i took out the Gear box ECU control unit, part number a 030 545 20 32. I barely noticed when i first took it out i thought it was just a bit of oil on the wires. I tried to use the car later on and it was in hard limp mode, no shifting from 2nd...
  11. Smaltze

Both indicators flashing fast, all bulbs fine.

I managed to fix my left side repeater on the wingmirror, I originally thought was the cause but it seems not. All repeaters/bulbs etc in the whole car now work fine, I've changed the ones that were wrong. Although the dash still comes up as defective light. There seems to be no obvious...
  12. Smaltze

MOT day

Righto, just had my first mot on my w210. Various thing to report, unfortunately its failed.... BUT only on some pesky lamps and indicator problems. My straight pipe exhaust (described on the advisories as 'heavily modified':lol: ) has passed. The upper cat and one of the two lower cats...
  13. Smaltze

Salvage/recycling/scrapyard

Scrapping a friends old volvo soon, theres a couple of places around me that take them to recycle, but is there such thing as a sortof scrapyard where we could look around and salvage bits we wanted. both car parts or general items. Could scrap the volvo and make a day of it find some...
  14. Smaltze

W210 lowering woops

Well guys I messed up. I tried fitting the springs I bought that I made a thread about earlier. Neither of them fit, the pigtails are wrong sized and the rear ones are too wide. In a stupid moment of spontaneousness I cut the rear springs by 2 coils instead thinking it wouldn't be so bad...
  15. Smaltze

Rear LCA - Hub carrier Bushing

Hi guys i need a bushing for my w210 2002 e320, Its the one in the rear left hub carrier that fits into the lower control arm bushing. Number 20 in the picture, the part code is apparently MB 220-352-02-27 but im struggling to source it anywhere. This certainly looks right, but can anyone...
  16. Smaltze

Stud pattern exact dimensions

Hello! Im going to be CNCing my own wheel spacers, (i do know what im doing dont worry). I hoping someone knows the exact dimensions for the stud pattern. standard 5x112, w210 eclass. i know the studs are 12mm, i know the centre bore is 66.1mm I just want to know the layout of the studs...
  17. Smaltze

E320 W210 Loss of torque after slow driving

Hi guys, Got this anoying and ever more common problem with my w210. when i drive the car normally it goes like a rocket, and if i keep putting my foot down at every oppurtinity it kicks down and blasts off, head back. great. But recently often it has this problem that seems to occur only...
  18. Smaltze

Recently Remapped my W210 E320 + how to.

Hello all, just thought i would post to recommend a company i used for my remap! I have a W210 E320 2002 CDI. I used a KWP2000+ Reader and software, and had my file remapped by www.mychiptuningfiles.com. It was extremely easy and hassle free, my car is a rocket ship now, would highly...
  19. Smaltze

W210 E320 Abs Esp Bas confusing problem

Hi all, i know this is a common problem but mine seems odd and unique. When driving after about 5 minutes normally, can take alot longer, all 3 of the warnings come on. Abs, Esp and Bas. They seem to come on when traveling at a constant speed i think, not atall when touching the brake. I can...
  20. Smaltze

W210 Decat with straightpipe inside experiment

W/S210 E320 2002 I deleted my primary cat a week or two ago inspired by Alexanderfoti's guide, i could definitely feel the effects. Unfortunately i could also feel the negative effects in that i had a noticeable reduction in low end torque and throttle response. It was barely any but enough...
Top Bottom