Search results

1. oigle

Short rattle on start when cold - 2009 SLK280

No way. I love Shell oils. Always been good. The additive you mentioned was included by SHELL, not by someone who thought they knew better than SHELL :cool:
  2. oigle

Mmmm. People and their additives.........
  3. oigle

If stood for long period, oil will drain from tensioner so, until oil pressure builds up again, it can exhibit some rattle.
  4. oigle

Engine oil analysis results

I'm sure that, if an additive would make oils better, the oil manufacturers would be all over it. They all claim to be better than the others....if a new additive would ensure this, they would be lining up. Use well regarded brand along with grades as recommended by car manufacturer and you...
  5. oigle

Possible EV.

This is a well written article from Down Under on current EV's under $80K AUS...
  6. oigle

oil leak on Intercooler Hose

Why bother. Not hurting anything and may even help to lubricate flap swivels. Quite normal.
  7. oigle

Possible EV.

Typical BS, no doubt organised by the petroleum industry. Anything to stave off the inevitable. If there is any substance, surely it is the responsibility of the tyre manufacturers to look at changes to the materials used to produce tyres. Amazing how such a "major" problem suddenly comes to...
  8. oigle

Possible EV.

Hybrid?? They shouldn't be too expensive. Only small battery. Must have had lots of other damage.
  9. oigle

Possible EV.

Sure have. A Kia EV6 RWD and love it. It's great to drive and it looks superb, arguably one of the best looking of available EV's so far. It sure draws attention. The interior is cool with lots of tech - a bit too much at times. Seat comfort very adjustable and good. Economy runs to around...
  10. oigle

How Fast Are EV's Getting?

Don't even need to be massive....My ML270 weighed more than my new Kia EV6. Knockers are just a touch jealous I think!! The better EV's are great to drive. Don't have to blow everyone off at lights. Just know you CAN!! I love my EV6. No issues at all.
  11. oigle

Any F1 fans

Sure stands out from the crowd.
  12. oigle

Tyres crabbing jumping in slow turns, plus rear wheels spin in any conditions with such a powerful car pulling away

All in the hands (or feet) of the drivers. I regularly get 70 to 80 kilometres from a set of tyres, admittedly on lowish powered vehicles like ML270 and a Nissan Maxima 250. I just don't abuse tyres. My new Kia EV6 might present a different challenge with it's instant torque. Have to wait...
  13. oigle

Tyre Pressures.

Interesting. Comes up at 34 which is about where I hoped it might. Didn't give me some correct choices in comparison chart but probably of little consequence. Thanks for that.
  14. oigle

Tyre Pressures.

Not so mate. It's related to the air VOLUME in the tyres. Bit like pushbike tyres. Skinny road tyres are pumped to over 100psi whereas fatter off road tyres run around 45. I'm just unsure whether the new tyres will have less or more volumemetric space. Guess won't be much in it so maybe stay...
  15. oigle

Tyre Pressures.

Makes the combo of large wheels and LP tyres even more useless. I've just removed the 20" wheels off my new EV6 and replaced with 18" and commensurately higher sidewalls. Was 255/45/20. Now 235/60/18. Only query I have is "previous reccommended pressure was 36psi. What pressure should I put...
  16. oigle

Is it ok to drive with exhaust EGR valve stuck open?

Comment. Not unusual for these to stick just a little open. This still allows for quite good drive-ability but results in copious black smoke. Loss of some measured inlet air kinda upsets the air/fuel mix.
  17. oigle

Possible EV.

Here is a glimpse of the future of electric vehicles, particulary with respect to trucks. Makes for interesting viewing.
  18. oigle

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Quick report on Kia EV6 after 3 months and 3000km. Absolutely NOTHING has gone wrong.....First car I've ever had that had zero faults from day 1. Unreal. Putting around 15/20 KWh into battery weekly from home charger. Cost - about $4.00. Very hard car to fault.
  19. oigle

Possible EV.

Should be a nice car. Hope you have a good run with it.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom