Search results

1. anglaslt

2011 W204 Estate - All season tyres? Good or Bad idea?

I'm a big fan of Vredestein tyres. I put Vredestein Wintrac 4 Xtreme on my Freelander 2 when I bought it in 2015 and the same tyres are still on 7 years later with 5.5 mm tread after 50k kms. Even though they're full winter tyres I haven't even bothered to change over during the summer months...
  2. anglaslt

E400, 2015, Cabriolet

This is a good article on the M276 3.0 vs the M276 3.5 used for a short while in the C207 E400 and in the CLS 400. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/mercedes-benz-quietly-introduces-all-new-v6-engine-on-cls-facelift-82786.html It doesn't really answer why Mercedes went to the trouble of...
  3. anglaslt

E400, 2015, Cabriolet

The C207/A207 E400 has the mercedes M276 engine which came as 3.0 litre or 3.5 litre version depending on the build date. They both had the same power output of, I think, 333hp. It's a superb engine. Very smooth and certainly quick enough for most people's needs. I ran a C207 E400 coupe for 4...
  4. anglaslt

2015 E Class Coupe 350CDI

Have you considered a C207 E400 Coupe? M276 V6 bi-turbo petrol with 333hp. A super smooth, super quiet car with strong performance from 3.0 V6 (or 3.5 V6 depending on build date).
  5. anglaslt

Speeding in France warning! Roll On Brexit!

It depends upon the Country's regulations. Here in LT my wife received her penalty notice 6 months after the crime.
  6. anglaslt

Electronic hand brake caused damaged to Bakes

Well, I never knew that :(. Can you not then release the (presumably electronic) handbrake with ignition on but engine off, or does it just reset?
  7. anglaslt

Electronic hand brake caused damaged to Bakes

Is that really true? I've never had a car that automatically applied the handbrake. To lock the transmission in "Park" yes, but not to apply the handbrake. That doesn't change the issue here though, that parking brakes are for parking and most likely the handbook says it should be applied when...
  8. anglaslt

Hi

I agree. I have one of the last of the Freelander 2s and have had 4 years trouble free motoring. It's a well built, comfortable, well equipped car with a great driving position. I know this forum is about Mercedes but one of the reasons that Freelander 2 owners turn to other makes is because...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom