Search results

1. 4

C207 Mercedes e coupe center info-wheel

There are repair kits on ebay for this problem.
  2. 4

Audio upgrade

Just install Sygic on the head unit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sygic.aura&hl=en_GB
  3. 4

Audio upgrade

The additional part I have done on mine is to split the car GPS feed rather than run off the one that comes with the unit as I found it could at times loose its lock. On Audio 20 the Fakra K connector is in the passenger side footwell. You have to remove the carpet and then the side kick panel...
  4. 4

Audio upgrade

Good luck if your go down that route, personally I'd go with the bigger screen and touch experience.
  5. 4

Becker map pilot

Nope, inspected by by Becker and found to be fakes. Several people have been asked to send them to Becker and been told they are counterfeit items. Its a separate issue where a previous owner has set a pin and then a future owner has sold them as secondhand and when the new owner tries to use...
  6. 4

Becker map pilot

Be careful with Ebay, there are lots of fake units out there that work fine initially but can't have the maps updated later. Personally I don't use the Becker nav fitted to mine as I replaced the screen with an Android 10.25" unit and use Waze and Google maps with real time information.
  7. 4

Audio upgrade

These work with all versions of NTG in the W212 W207 ranges. Mine is an NTG 4.5 2013 model with the harad light switch as you put it.
  8. 4

Audio upgrade

Mine came from Chris at CKM Designs https://www.ckmcardesign.com/ but this was when they were pretty new on the scene. Loads of help on the US forums now for these and you can buy them in the UK or direct from China for less than it would cost to get them via Chris. If you want the support then...
  9. 4

Audio upgrade

They do have Apple Carplay as well, they are Android Units though so can run all the apps natively.
  10. 4

Audio upgrade

I have installed the 10.25" Android unit in my C207 E class convertible. Did it about 2 years ago now. Best change I have made to the car and stopped me selling it. Fairly straight forward to fit yourself. Mine is currently out as I am changing the GPS to use the car feed through a splitter...
  11. 4

BT Audio problem Mercedes c207

Its not Comand, and a Comand upgrade CD would not work at all.
  12. 4

I wouldn't change to Comand of the same era as its no better. It would be cheaper to overlay the Android 10.25" system that you can but and get modern up to date applications. You can then bluetooth directly to the new head unit. Or even just use Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
  13. 4

Audio 20 and Audio 50 can both be with or without navigation. 20 is usually a single CD and 60 multi CD. Audio 20 and 50 can both be upgraded to AD2P bluetooth streaming in many cars and in late 2012/13 onwards it is a standard feature. Tends to be the older 2009/10 cars which can't be firmware...
  14. 4

W207 Fuel economy not as expected

When I ran an A207 350 CDI for a while it would get mid 40's on a motorway run and low 30's around town at best. It was combined averaging 35mpg. That combined was around 50/50 across town and open road. For the same journeys my A207 250 CDI does high 40's to low 50's on a motorway, mid to...
  15. 4

E220 C207-BT Audio issue

Many have needed a firmware update to get the A2DP bluetooth audio streaming functionality to work on that version.
  16. 4

Remote top activation

Have a SmartTop for my A207. Great piece of kit bringing functions which should have been standard really.
  17. 4

Fuel consumption on an E220 CDI coupe

Seems low unless your in town is significantly more than the out of town proportion. Also, short journeys will cripple the mpg as diesels take a while to warm up. I would have expected 40 mpg+ as I get 42.8 out of my E250 CDI with mixed driving and yours should be more efficient.
  18. 4

EU/GB Number Plates

That is basically the current position after December this year. EU does not recognise country markings on the number plate for cars outside of the EU member states. https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad
  19. 4

Booked in for a re-map...

In the UK we have OEM equivalent parts which meet either EU or BS standards. For insurance purposes, non of these are considered modifications as they meet the same standards as the OEM parts. So no, in the UK most cars are not modified from the manufacturers specification.
  20. 4

Booked in for a re-map...

I can assure you the ones we built can and do and are used. They are not code scanners like your device, they have a specific purpose. Australia may be far more relaxed about it than UK insurers, it is just not worth the risk here.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom