Search results

1. H

Looking for help with 1992 190e 1.8 buying tips

Find a nice one and input some energy into preventive maintenance you can run one as a daily even now. They drive like a far newer car. I had been using mine a second car / runaround for nearly 15 years until ULEZ got extended to nearby (replaced it with a Smart). Keeping it as a nostalgic toy...
  2. H

Juratek brake discs/pads

Apparently their discs are made in the UK. Even most of the usual German brands seem to be made in China, India etc now. I might give the discs a go next. I’m too fussy about pads to make a change though.
  3. H

Ulze

Hmmm. Those will highly likely be next on the hit list and the depreciation they will suffer could be eye watering. Notice they started linking it to the “climate emergency” in recent propaganda so expect them to switch tack and target CO2 next. I might well be a vulture and snap up a distress...
  4. H

Anti roll bar link ??

Heavy car that’s expected to ride & handle well = an array of control arms with soft rubber bushings which need changing routinely. It’s exactly the same on a Lexus.
  5. H

Anti roll bar link ??

Lemforder will probably last longer but at least the drop links are easy to DIY and don’t affect the alignment.
  6. H

W209 CLK270 CDI P0123 error - with car not starting

Fantastic post above. I will add I replaced the crank sensor on mine when it started intermittently having trouble starting when hot (pig of a job - garage did it). I replaced cam sensor myself at same time because it takes less than a minute. The crank sensor threw an EML & codes. Replaced...
  7. H

ULEZ Consultation

I thought the latest strategy was to abandon weapons in their front garden?
  8. H

Buying a used E class w212

Lexus obviously make a very good car but I will say my sis has an RX350 on similar mileage to my CLK - both cars have had virtually identical work done over the years. Parts for the Lexus are often harder to source & a lot more expensive. It’s a great car if you san stomach fuelling it. A big...
  9. H

CLK200 Power Steering Fluid first change

Good work! One of those jobs which rarely gets done. To be honest, I’m always too lazy & scared to run the run pump dry so do a bodge job with a pipette which can’t be as good. The mercedessource bloke says there’s a filter built into the reservoir so it should be replaced but that seems a...
  10. H

Why not buy a not that old RR

To be fair, I’m not sure anything less than preventatively rebuilding the car every other year could prevent those problems… like the heavy maintenance D checks they do on aircraft! Most BMW’s I’ve owned were like that. Everything made of naff plastic and prone to cracking.
  11. H

W209 steering column issue

Some people have drilled holes, tapped for screws etc. I don’t think it’s necessary. It’s held for a few weeks now & I don’t see it moving again.
  12. H

W209 steering column issue

Really old post but I’ll reply in case anyone searches for a fix! I recently had this with my CLK. W203 is the same. Disconnect battery & leave for 1/2 hour (airbag), remove steering wheel, remove clock spring, remove plastic squib with stalks (easy - loosen T30 bolt from hole underneath and...
  13. H

Lemforder drop links not fitting

Failure as Mourinho once said! What a palava!
  14. H

Lemforder drop links not fitting

I have found sport being a few mm difference to standard/elegance on drop links before but an inch is probably for a completely different car! I only use autodoc when I can’t find what I need elsewhere or the price difference is huge tbh.
  15. H

Possible EV.

Honestly I think the Tesla’s are better looking than the vast majority of new cars. They are smooth and clean. Musk should shock the world by unveiling a petrol V8 Model S with a manual box and proper dashboard.
  16. H

Starting a car after 2 years

Legitstreetcars on YT made a few videos starting old mercs that have been sitting. He mixes some concoction with atf to put down the bores.
  17. H

Depreciation

A bit dramatic ;) Seeing as posting YouTube videos is in fashion today!
  18. H

Interesting cars seen on the road.

I spotted a W140 for the first time in a while - you expect old cars to look tiny compared to todays but they are still effing huge!
  19. H

So, shall we all see how much rust is underneath?

I don’t think there’s any logic to it. Had 2 98 year W210’s. E300TD which was a rotbox but looked great on the outside because it was resprayed under warranty and E320 which was fine like your car. Scrapping the E300 was painful, I loved that car! If it’s a long termer I would be tempted to...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom