Search results

1. S

ABS light

Yes, it has the SBC, as it is an early 2006 model. One advantage is that the braking is really smooth, and my diagnostic has proved useful for depressurizing the braking system when I work on the brakes - you probably don't have to do that with the normal hydraulic facelift model ? I had heard...
  2. S

ABS light

I bought a new wheel speed sensor and it appears to be working OK now. I didn't realize that you can get intermittent faults on these type of sensors especially when I was getting what appeared to be similar readings on all 4 wheels, so thanks for that comment LostKiwi. Blobcat, as my car has...
  3. S

ABS light

Ok, first I will try another wheel speed sensor and if that doesn't work, I will inspect the front reluctor ring. Thanks.
  4. S

ABS light

Hi everyone, My ABS light has switched on for some reason and consequently I have lost power steering (I think this loss of PAS is usual according to my previous experience and happened a few years ago when I had to replace a reluctor ring - then once ABS light had gone out, the power steering...
  5. S

W211 gearbox and engine mounts- how much to change?

Thanks for comments. For anyone who changes the alternator, the attachment shows how I pulled up the alternator out from the LHS corner out of the hood of the vehicle. I would take a couple of photos of the parts which you are intending to remove before starting the job, just so you can refer...
  6. S

W211 gearbox and engine mounts- how much to change?

Dear All, I recently had a lot of vibration coming from beneath my W211 E320 2006 sedan. Particularly noisy changing through the gears at standstill. I changed the transmission mount but the noise was still there. I had been advised on the forum that it could be the engine mounts, particularly...
  7. S

W211 E320 Which one to buy?

I have a w211 e320 2006 sedan which has done 223k miles and still drives great (especially since I recently changed the engine mounts). The car is comfortable to drive and quiet. I have had to do quite a bit of work on it over the years, but as I like the car I have been committed about keeping...
  8. S

Just brought a mercedes E280 Estate

HI, I bought my Icarsoft mb obd for my w211 2006 e320 some years ago. It has proved invaluable, I have used it many times. I have an electronic braking system (SBC) and you have to depressurize (and later pressurize when your work is done) the braking system as a safety measure before any...
  9. S

Parasitic battery draw

Yes - I'm happy their is no drain from my battery, it's nice to know that. Thanks Tony and others for your comments, which has been a great help.
  10. S

Parasitic battery draw

Oh yes I see my numerical error regarding the G clamp. I tried your suggestion and this time the alarm didn't go off. I tested with my multimeter and it wasn't a static result but varied between 40-50mA. I think when I originally did the test and had some concerns about the draw on the...
  11. S

Parasitic battery draw

My clamp-multimeter is the 210E so the spec is OK. I tried it in the morning and as my main battery is in the boot, I just opened the boot and clicked the boot light off, so the car was still be in its dormant mode. I tried measuring the current with the clamp (round neg wire) and after taking...
  12. S

Parasitic battery draw

Yes LostKiwi - I am getting the impression they can be pretty convenient, and thought that I could also hook over my alternator cable, and maybe fuse box cables to check current draw when car shut down. I bought an AC/DC clamp.
  13. S

Parasitic battery draw

Hi Tony. I liked the HEX60-D the best, but will delay any purchase for the time being. I decided to buy an Amp clamp which I thought would be useful addition to my car tools (UNI-T201E) for £43, and will test that against my multimeter to see how close the readings are from each other and then...
  14. S

Parasitic battery draw

Two good choices Tony. Have you or anyone else have cause to use a digital clamp - I might consider getting one if it makes the process a bit easier?
  15. S

Parasitic battery draw

I don't think I can run to the price of a Fluke, but a bit more expensive than a cheap unit. I was thinking around the £60 mark. Mainly for the car. Not sure how useful a clamp meter will be for me, mainly want it for resistance, mV, V (AC/DC), low/high current, accuracy relevant to cars...
  16. S

Parasitic battery draw

Can you or anyone else recommend a good multimeter? - I have seen Fluke, but they are generally a bit more than I wanted to pay.
  17. S

Parasitic battery draw

Thanks for the info Tony and the attachments. I have been replacing fuses each time, but I think I'll try your method. I tried measuring PD across each fuse. I am thinking about getting a better multimeter (maybe for around £50) as mine doesn't measure mV (just V) and I noticed that the current...
  18. S

Parasitic battery draw

Thanks for the video. I changed the alternator in 2018, and I think it's still OK. The readings I got today (with engine on) were, first few minutes 14.08V ; with headlights/fan/radio 13.97V; with fan only 14.04V. I switched from DC to AC and voltage was zero, which I believe is an indication of...
  19. S

Parasitic battery draw

My auxiliary battery is 12v and ok, but I could start disconnecting modules. I have only been pulling out fuses and relays and watching for current drop as I thought this was the usual procedure, but maybe I should see what effect disconnecting various connections does as well.
  20. S

Parasitic battery draw

Thanks. I would have thought taking out the fuses (f26 and f28 for the cd changer and radio respectively) according to my manual should break the circuits to corresponding circuits so I thought that would mean I would be effectively disconnecting power to those circuits? I am not sure how else...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom