Search results

1. Taffy7hfa

Hello hello

Hi Jordan, nice upgrade, welcome to the forum.
  2. Taffy7hfa

ML270 stuck in park

Could be tricky to diagnose, as above, sounds like brake light switch but could be a lot of things, ABS,ESP light is likely a red herring, that doesn't usually lock the box. Half full cup of coffee spilt over the gear shift lever can wreak havoc, I discovered.....
  3. Taffy7hfa

Steam coming from intercooler (ML270 - W163)

Unlikely to be coming from the intercooler as they generally don't get that hot, more likely to be from the main engine rad or possibly even the auto box oil cooler, that is the small wide one just beneath where you are pointing, it also looks quite gunged up.
  4. Taffy7hfa

1997 mercedes w202 c180

I feel your pain, but the car is 25 years old ? it may just need to some well applied tlc.
  5. Taffy7hfa

Hello!

Hello and welcome, not really... got the headcold from hell but thanks for asking :)
  6. Taffy7hfa

Electronic handbrake

Ahhh... number two on my list of car gadgetry that I f*****g hate, number 1 being start stop technology, number 3 being lane assist. They should all be banned.
  7. Taffy7hfa

Hi

Hi, I've always fancied a supercharged car, might get around to it one day, welcome.
  8. Taffy7hfa

Gearbox Broken

As LK said ...I would say a ham fisted "mechanic" was trying to pry the engine from the box with a crow bar and broke the gearbox housing, If you look closely at the picture there are indentations next to the hole.
  9. Taffy7hfa

Diesel smell outside of car

Leaky O rings are the most likely culprit, but if you can smell diesel the problem won't be difficult to spot.
  10. Taffy7hfa

Diesel smell outside of car

Hi, Investigate urgently, engine fires are not uncommon.
  11. Taffy7hfa

I can't find a home for a connector. It's part of the loom where one connector goes to the air con compressor (ML270 W163)

Mine went faulty and I disconnected it. Not really needed when there's a dipstick and your careful not to overfill it..
  12. Taffy7hfa

ABS Light

As the battery has been removed you may need to re- calibrate the steering wheel angle sensor by turning the wheels from lock to lock a couple of times.
  13. Taffy7hfa

Engine Life

Hi, what exactly is the major problem ?
  14. Taffy7hfa

1st Time Mercedes Owner

Hi, never been to Iowa, would love to go though, I imagine it's a bit like Norfolk but hotter.
  15. Taffy7hfa

Regards to everybody.

Hi Sergio, welcome to the forum from another 1st generation ML enthusiast ;) , you will find all the help and advice you need on here.
  16. Taffy7hfa

CLK270 Cdi Elegance A Coupe September 2005.

What mpg figure were you expecting ? 40 seems pretty good for a 2.2 cdi
  17. Taffy7hfa

Recommend a good tyre place

MTS in Banbury are a really good. Family owned business that seems to try to look after thier customers, I've been going there since 2014 and always see the same chaps there, which I find reassuring.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom