Search results

1. N

W204 2012 central locking not working,crank but no start

A friend has W204 c180 2012.Both keyfobs s can't open the car,when opened with the blade key and try to start the car, everything seems normal, but when trying to start the car it just cranks continuously but won't start.Any ideas ?
  2. N

W210 few questions about serpentine belt,pulleys,tensioner

LOL, whenever I asked for DIY advice LostKiwi always provided excellent advice,he is my MB DIY guru...
  3. N

In this case follow LostKiwi advice,Kiwi is a knowledgable master,I am a DIY cowboy...
  4. N

Change it ASAP,mine did not have any visible cracks and still failed shortly after I inspected it.To be honest,despite taking the belt off and putting it back at least five times on the 3 W210s I owned, I can not remember exact order I used,pretty sure it does not matter which order you fit it...
  5. N

On my 2 E240s it was really easy plenty of space between belt and shroud, on e320 was a little bit tighter but still very easy.If you have any doubt at all,just change the belt,cheap and easy job,on my last e240 belt looked fine and then shredded at M3 30 miles from home.If I was not a...
  6. N

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I had one of those in my rear tyre once,only noticed it when I drove in town with windows open and heard clicking sound from the back at low speeds,as I accelerated frequency of clicking increased before disappearing at higher speeds,or rather merged with other road noise.Drove like that for a...
  7. N

Thanks for replies regarding Autodoc,good to know that they are genuine outfit.
  8. N

I always wondered if Autodoc was geniune website or scam.Have anybody here ordered from them in the past?
  9. N

722.6 occasional loss of drive?

Update,finally measured the hot oil level , after 100 miles drive in hot weather,in the end it took total of five liters ,thinking about it ,since I replaced the complete valve body that was stored horizontally,it must have been pretty drained of oil.The car drives so much better now,not only...
  10. N

I might do the complete oil change,the problem is with the ULEZ extension in London next year I will probably have to change the car,so I only have about 14 months left with this car which is really annoying since now it runs really well and with LPG it cost me nothing to run...
  11. N

Managed to retrieve it from bottom engine cover, discovered water dripping from just above gearbox oil pan,above o2 sensors,have feeling that is from evaporator...
  12. N

Update,it drives very well,shifting is definitely better and smoother, occasionall hesitancy to shift is gone, loss of drive did not happen in 120 miles yet,although it did not happen frequently before.It might be just my imagination,but maybe the revs are little bit higher at constant 40...
  13. N

Lol,that is the idea,just hoping to get it to temperature,thanks
  14. N

Drove few hundred yards,subjectivly feels better and smoother,going for 50 miles trio in the evening,will try to measure the level then.I was not able to accurately measure ammount of ATF drained out,but my estimate is only about 3.5 liters or less,put in 3.75 lit...
  15. N

Managed to put it all back together and filled with about 3.75 liters of ATF.Started the car and went through the gears while stationary,all seems ok,moved the car few inches and so far so good, surprisingly.We will see...
  16. N

I don't want to overfill it,figuring it will be easier to add a little bit when I warm up to oil then to drain it...
  17. N

Is it 5 liters even without draining the TC?,i am trying to Google it with my greasy fingers,but I seem to remembered lower figure from previous googling?
  18. N

Finally managed to get pilot bushing to click in place,needed surprising amount of force...ugh , let's see what other trouble awaits...
  19. N

What would be the quantity of ATF oil needed ,I did not drain TC,just replaced the valve body?
  20. N

Thanks,I will try again today and report back

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom