Search results

1. Viscount

R230 2003 Low Coolant Warning

I'm seeing the warning (text on the message screen and the thermometer symbol on the gauge shows red rather than blue) only when starting from cold and not always. The fluid level looks fine to me. Drive a few minutes and all is well and the temperature gauge reads as normal. I suspect the...
  2. Viscount

R230 side lights - LED

The "OSRAM Cool Blue Intense Next Gen W5W Car Side Light Bulbs Number Plate (Twin)" seem to work fine. Appear about same or better brightness than the original "yellow" bulbs and have a very white look. I will look when dark to see if there is much blue in the light but it's not evident in daylight.
  3. Viscount

Sl55 no sound from bose system

Yes, the main head unit. The fibre (or maybe the connector) was orange I think but it's a long time ago. I had been sorting an issue with the GPS antenna and must have dislodged it.
  4. Viscount

Sl55 no sound from bose system

I lost audio shortly after getting my 350SL (2003) with Bose. It was the fibre connector at the rear of the main COMAND unit. Pushed it back in and never failed since (worried I've said that now....)
  5. Viscount

R230 side lights - LED

It was eBay so not sure how to link directly but was described as "OSRAM Cool Blue Intense Next Gen W5W Car Side Light Bulbs Number Plate (Twin)" I will post with outcome when I've received and tested.
  6. Viscount

R230 side lights - LED

Now ordered OSRAM white 5V bulbs.
  7. Viscount

R230 side lights - LED

These LED units supposedly have the resistors in them but certainly do not work properly on my offside. Thanks for your replies.
  8. Viscount

R230 side lights - LED

I changed the side lights (front parking lights) bulbs for LEDs supposedly compatible with the car a few years ago and whilst they worked, the offside would cause a bulb failure warning when the car was first started in the day, thereafter until the next day, it would not warn. I decided...
  9. Viscount

R231 rear space

Thanks. Our dog is also 6kg. It sounds quite tight and smaller than the R230. I had wondered about acquiring a spare lid for the compartment and bolting fixing eyes to it to retain the crate. Obviously means the compartment could only be accessed by removing the crate but that's the situation...
  10. Viscount

R231 rear space

That's very kind. I am in Scotland however!
  11. Viscount

R231 rear space

We carry a small dog box behind the passenger seat in our R230 (it has the luggage straps). I'm thinking it might be time to replace the car and would ideally go for something newer than 2012 which is when I believe the R230 became the R231. My wife is 5' and so has the seat positioned somewhat...
  12. Viscount

R230 SL500 Prospective Buyer - Advice Needed!

The trickle charger solved the issue completely. Sorry for late response but I thought I'd get an email if the thread got traffic.
  13. Viscount

R230 SL500 Prospective Buyer - Advice Needed!

My only R230 is the one I have which is the early 350 with the 3.7L. I find the performance more than adequate as a "week-end" drive. I initially kept it outside but moved it to my garage where I could trickle charge. However, before the move to the garage, the car would always start but might...
  14. Viscount

Older Cars

Thanks all. Most encouraging. I do have RAC cover and I do NOT have ABC! I find the ride with the more basic suspension just fine. The car had all the roof workings and seals replaced just prior to my ownership (previous owner left it outside and the boot leaked and ruined the lot apparently)...
  15. Viscount

Older Cars

I have a 2003 R230 (V6 3.7l) with nearly 80k miles; had it 5 years and love it but it has been the 2nd car as we also have a newish C Class Estate. My wife wants to downsize the C Class (to B or A probably) and we are therefore thinking about using the R230 for longer journeys. Other than a...
  16. Viscount

R230 space-saver

Had a soft tyre today, thankfully was able to drive to local tyre place. Tyre was not repairable due sidewall damage so the spare was attempted. It is a Vredestein tyre deflated on a black rim; possibly never seen use before. It did not inflate in a symmetrical manner insofar as the wheel itself...
  17. Viscount

R230 - intermittent wiper function inoperative

From my direct experience, it can be done.
  18. Viscount

R230 - intermittent wiper function inoperative

I had my windscreen replaced due to a stone chip and the rain sensitive function became troublesome after that. I asked the local independent garage to take a look and they reset the function and all is well. I don't know the detail of what they did but it does seem it can be done.
  19. Viscount

R230 head unit upgrade

I have a 2003 SL with the Bose setup. Rather than mess with it, I fitted an iPod and Harman Kardon DP 1EU "Drive and Play" which allows the iPod to sit in the glove box plugged into the AUX and controlled from the DP1 which I have black-tacked to the console next the gear change. I provided a...
  20. Viscount

SL350 2011 WIPER ISSUE

I've had my 2003 SL350 nearly 3 years and had some niggling electrical issues initially. I had accepted that it would need garaged due water ingress risks and am able to do that and for about 2 years almost always put it in garage and on charge. No issues since. Clearly not an ideal situation as...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom