Search results

1. S

Engine oil analysis results

These are the viscosity readings - I haven't a scooby about if in spec or not
  2. S

HI Steve, would there be any benefit using Tunap as I change oil every 8k? Also Millers suggested I change oil from 5W30 to 5W40 due to the "extra protection" this may offer. Have you any experience of this? Thanks for you help
  3. S

Out of curiosity, I sent off a sample of my engine oil to millers oils. I was curious to find out if my oil changes every 8k has made any difference to the wear inside the engine. I have been changing the oil every 8k since ownership back in Sept 2016 when the car was on 68k. The current mileage...
  4. S

Android unit

Sorry no, but the company linked above will be able to tell you
  5. S

Android unit

I fitted this last June - https://www.iceboxauto.com/mercedes-benz-e-class-w207-w212-gps-bluetooth-wifi-android-carplay-youtube-netflix In a W212. I opted for a bigger screen after there was an issue with the smaller screen. It really does bring the interior up to date. I mainly use it for Waze...
  6. S

OM642 EGR clean

Alex Crow looked at the car yesterday and gave the EGR a good clean and refitted and tested - just about passed all tests with some very slight sticking. Recommended a change at some point with an MB part - currently unobtainable on backorder since last year. However, the car is running better...
  7. S

Limp mode - code P14B700

Thanks, I replaced it with an aftermarket - Lucas brand which did not work as expected so currently have the original MB EGR back in place. I didn't clean it as it was not as bad as I expected and I bought the new one. In hindsight I should have cleaned it whilst it was off! Car is going into...
  8. S

OM642 EGR clean

Will do - It looks like I have a coolant leak somewhere too
  9. S

OM642 EGR clean

Ok, just did a quick scan and all original codes have returned:confused: Going in to Alex Crow on Weds.
  10. S

OM642 EGR clean

I did change it before putting on the Lucas EGR valve.
  11. S

OM642 EGR clean

I am now wondering if the original issue was caused by the exhaust back pressure sensor which literally fell apart when I touched it due to the brittle plastic housing? Could this cause the codes indicating egr stuck?
  12. S

OM642 EGR clean

Original MB EGR valve refitted and car collected today. Actually drove really well. Keeping my fingers crossed for now..
  13. S

OM642 EGR clean

Well MB indie had a look today and concluded the new EGR valve is not working as it should - something about opening at 9% instead of 5% ( I think) He also needs to eliminate potential MAF sensor faults. Did smoke test and no leaks. Going to look at the MB egr which I removed to see if it was...
  14. S

OM642 EGR clean

CEL on today - codes mostly related to stuck open/closed EGR valve. Cleared codes and went for a spirited drive in sport mode and car ran fine - no power restrictions and no CEL. I think the MB tech when test driving may have done the same as he said it drove ok with no loss of power, but just...
  15. S

OM642 EGR clean

Thanks supernoodle - the tech didn't mention if the values were too high or too low, and was indeed referring to blockage on the exhaust side of cooler. The car is due a B service with additional filters which I have already - is it worth changing the air filters to see if this makes any...
  16. S

OM642 EGR clean

MB tech came out and test drove it. Did not generate any codes. Diagnostics came up with "air mass values out of range at 20-40% open. mass air flow sensors passed test. He suggested a smoke test on the air intake to check for leaks and to check the EGR cooling system. I have driven the car...
  17. S

OM642 EGR clean

I'll let MB assist shed some more light on it tmrw.
  18. S

OM642 EGR clean

Now i have seen that the coolant needs topping up - topped up with 500mls of water yesterday, now needs at least that again.
  19. S

OM642 EGR clean

Ok, thanks for the feedback - Alex C did mention possible swirl flap issue when I discussed the EGR fault codes and said there is a workaround for it if needed. He's on his own for the next couple of weeks so unable to look at it. Would the car be ok if I still drive it in this limp mode. Is it...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom