Search results

1. L

Please Help: A170 Was in Limp Mode

Hi My Mum has a 2006 A170 and today it went into Limp mode with the ESP and Abs lights coming on. It passed the Mot last week and sods law something has gone wrong. The AA came out and emailed her a report as follows. Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 03B / SIM...
  2. L

W163 Inlet Manifold Lug Damage

Thesr were way to narrow. Most M6 inserts are about 8mm in diameter and the mercedes ones are 12mm. I used a 6mm drill to effectively turn the original insert into a spacer and inserted it into the hole it was from. I then drilled a 6mm hole through the plastic. I purchased a longer M6 bolt...
  3. L

Oil in EGR Valve (w163) 270 ML

Hi Ian Thanks for your reply. I have an awful lot of this liquid all over the engine bay and drive as a result of a failing seal inbetween the EGR and Exhaust manifold. My worry is when I put it back together with a new seal will this liquid now build up as I've closed off the route it found to...
  4. L

Oil in EGR Valve (w163) 270 ML

Hi I have quite a bit of oil building up in my EGR value on my 2003 270ML. I dont think the oil is coming from recycled air as that pipe is dry, but it's wet in the boost pipe. and wet in the plastic exhaust intake so i can't at this stage tell where its coming from, only where it seems to be...
  5. L

I have nothing to loose, do you know the M size of these bolts? Ta
  6. L

Hi I posted earlier that 1 of the 3 metal lugs holding the egr to the inlet manifold had failed. I am now assuming it can't be fixed. I am going to have to accept I need to change the inlet manifold needs replacing. I see two designs of gasket and I am not sure if I need one or the other or...
  7. L

Hi I noticed lots of wet oily **** under my EGR and on closer inspection there was quite a gap (at least 5mm) where the lower of the EGR meets the Plastic Inset Manifold. As I started to undo the bolt I could see the metal lug through the gap turning too. Ive now removed the EGR, cleaned...
  8. L

Any idea what to check first? SRS Error W251

All fixed now, codes had to be cleared
  9. L

I've worked out it's for the deployment part of the seat belt buckle. I've repaired the cable as it doesn't detach from the deployment unit however the SRS light is still on so it seems the SRS needs resetting after repair.
  10. L

Had a look under the drivers seat, think I found the issue. There's a cable there which has been caught and cut. It has two wires inside one is grey and one is green. Next to it is another think black cable. I'm guessing the other is for the seatbelt as the seatbelt still dings if I take my belt...
  11. L

Hi My 2007 R320, W251 has just thrown up this SRS error, what should I check first Ta
Top Bottom