Search results

1. H

R230 roof stuck closed due to rear window not working

Thanks Guys, I will have another go now ive got this info you guys have provided, Hopefully should be able to unbolt it and swap the whole unit over! Hopefully it stops raining in the next few days and i can get it done!!
  2. H

I took the picture off ebay not sure, mine is the passenger side, RHD car! I cant find anyway to access those bolts, Ive looked everywhere with side panel off and theres no holes that line up etc, so I just cant understand how to do it Ive even asked the breakers that I bought my window...
  3. H

Is it the 2 screws, nuts circled?
  4. H

Thanks for the reply and the info, I have stripped all the panels down and removed the rear trim panel etc and cannot see anywhere to access the bolts, the bolts that run along the top I can access but not the side one and it just doesnt budge so must be something holding it in place, I will...
  5. H

Oh Nooooo, Back again!!! lol Seems I counted my chickens before they hatched! After leaving the car for a few days I went to do the windows down to open the roof and the same window is stuck again! After all that work, my Goodness, looks like I have to do it all over again, I noticed some...
  6. H

Thanks for all the advice guys, Finally got it sorted, Much appreciate all the advice from everyone.
  7. H

Thanks for you advice mate, I would never have got this done without your help!!! I couldnt take the whole window mechanism out, it just wouldnt move but I managed to get one hand in the panel and took the motor cover off like you said and then pulled out the motor with the shaft and noticed...
  8. H

Thats a good question and I was wondering the same thing, I couldnt get my window and complete mechanism out, one of the most tricky things ive ever tried to do on a car, so I couldnt even access the inside of the back panel to clear the drain holes etc and Im sure there must be a way to access...
  9. H

Ok Thanks, I will try that and see, I did try to move it but it didnt move however I might need to use a bit more force, hopefully the mechanism is not messed up on that one! Thanks
  10. H

No my roof defo works, And its allready closed, thats the problem, I cant open it to make it easier for me to remove the rear quarter window to change my motor on the window which has stopped working, the window has to drop in order for the roof to retract!
  11. H

Thanks for the info, I attempted this today, very tight down there and just my luck ive got BIG hands!! I thought I would try to remove the motor cover witht he magnets in on the part I bought off ebay to see how exactly it works so I can know exactly what im doing and basically with the cover...
  12. H

Thanks for the ideas guys, I did look at the closing roof procedure allready, but I dont like the idea of releasing the pressure for the hydraulics etc and then knowing my luck ill probably break something there aswell lol I think I need to find a way to make the window go down and then I...
  13. H

Hi Guys Looking for some possible advice on if its possible to manually open the roof on an R230 SL500 as my rear passenger side (R.H.D car) quarter window is stuck, I can hear the motor clicking when I press the button but the motor seems to be gone, or it could be the actual mechanism thats...
  14. H

R230 SL500 Rear window motor removal

Hi guys, My rear passenger side quarter window has finally stopped working, it was getting stuck every now and again and stopped going all the way up and was leaving a couple mm gap and now is stuck up and wont move, I can hear the click sound when I press the up or down button but nothing...
Top Bottom