Search results

1. harrye500

Interesting cars seen on the road.

Cheeky of him! Those O series Rover engines were good, HG's failing weren't common. How things have moved on. That V6 in my old Coupe could churn out 175hp and the average 1.5 can do that now! The Honda lump was warship built.
  2. harrye500

Pootle the CamperVito

Excellent. Keeping fingers croseed for you for a successful job. That engine is certainly shoehorned in.
  3. harrye500

Interesting cars seen on the road.

How super. I had one, 1999 T registered. Was so cheap to buy used, bought as a get me by about 2003, kept for 8 years which surprised me! Lovely engine note but fragile. A nice place to be with beautiful (real) cream leather seats like barges! Quite a rarity nowadays.
  4. harrye500

New Benz owner

Well done you! A V12 as your first Benz you lucky person. You are well and truly on the MB team!
  5. harrye500

What are AMG thinking!!!!

How the buggery do they get 416hp from a 2 flipping litre? Remarkable, but I guess sadly no V8 rumble. Times they are a changin'.
  6. harrye500

C220 d Sports Cabriolet Roof issues

This is sadly a known fault on your model. Seems to be a case by case argument with MB re weather they will contribute to the repair. My best suggestion is to go to the dealer you had it from - hopefully an approved used MB establishment - and refer to the Bulletin (see below) with some...
  7. harrye500

Cleaning a soft top

Well done looks very good
  8. harrye500

W204 C350 CDI modification & maintenance advice needed please :)

Jack_M I have the sports dampers on my A207 (essentially a W204 with a fabric roof)! I don't use it much. Good for rapid overtaking as firms up, holds gears and has probably helped me avoid hedges and fields over the years but other than that, not much use. Think yourself lucky - the dampers...
  9. harrye500

A207 shock absorbers

The A207 is quite low sprung. The gap from the top of the tyre to bottom of arches is quite tight. Has yours noticeably changed and has it become more noisy? Could be rod ends if its groaning, drifting or noisy when turning. Any play in the steering wheel? Possibly I would confirm the...
  10. harrye500

(A207) E220 roof waterproofing

Per Wighty Autodoc are very good. Also ask Mercedes Grangemouth (parts team) for a price too. Most of us on here have had things from them and if you mention the forum they usually give a healthy discount. It also ensures you get the correct parts. I wouldn't trust ebay either for such a...
  11. harrye500

(A207) E220 roof waterproofing

+1 on the gummipfledge and making sure the seals are clean and drains clear. The gummipfledge also good in stopping squeaking where glass meets seals etc! Brave man tackling the suspension. Have you got sports adaptive damping? Expensive job that!
  12. harrye500

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Well, did it Sunday. I don't know how I've inherited the general maintenance on this car! Fiesta 2013. My partners work car as an Estate Agent. Essentially a pool car the whole office uses but really, we have it most of the week. Oil and filter change, topped up screenwash and adjusted...
  13. harrye500

Merc Battery types

Correct sir! And most sites list the longer battery which doesn't fit! Ask me how I know ;) . A real back breaker to fasten downa new one, can't quite get that ruddy clamp over the base and then bolt down again - took me hours!
  14. harrye500

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

300k wow. What's that about 180k miles or thereabouts? Good going.
  15. harrye500

Merc Battery types

+1 for Tayna - always good service and fast delivery.
  16. harrye500

C200 sport 1.6 diesel loss of power

Interesting. What do you mean, won't budge? The point is its your car so your choice. You have a right to cancel the work with them and take to someone else. The world wide shortages of components are a legacy of Covid and generally much better now, surely proven by the fact that indies have...
  17. harrye500

G350 with cold start misfire for 10 seconds.

+1 for alexenderfoti - check plugs and coil packs initially. What mileage are you?
  18. harrye500

Road Tax

Pretty outrageous really. My partner keeps telling me it's too much and I keep chunnering yes I know, but I really like the car. How long I'll be allowed to hang onto it for is anyone's guess, but I'm resisting well thus far!
  19. harrye500

Dazzling Headlights.

I believe the government is looking at them for exactly that reason. The lights in the W213 are astounding. Did a test with dad sometime ago him coming the other way, and he wasn't dazzled. Guess its down to the Manufacturer on how good they are but agreed, some are dreadfully bright. As...
  20. harrye500

Road Tax

Just noticed the tax for the 207 will pass the 60 quid a month mark this year for our beloved gas guzzlers! Crikey. Can't wait to start paying that when he comes out of winter sleep (recent repairs aside)! Still, much enjoyment still from that burbly V8! Roll on summer now, please.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom