Search results

1. Jkh112

Auxiliary battery

I had the auxiliary battery warning on my 2014 E class last year. I charged the aux battery (small one under the boot floor) but the error soon came back. Bought a replacement battery (from MB Grangemouth as they give a good discount). Easy to fit, no coding needed. The error has not returned...
  2. Jkh112

212 main battery type

Yes, which is the same rating as the original MB (Varta) battery. Physical dimensions are identical.
  3. Jkh112

212 main battery type

In case someone reads this in the future. The 115AGM battery was identical to the A0009822108 battery. 10 minutes to swap using only a 10mm spanner and a 13mm socket on an extension. I kept power to the car by connecting a spare battery to the under bonnet jump start point.
  4. Jkh112

212 main battery type

Thanks. I will probably hook up a spare battery to the car to keep it powered during the swap.
  5. Jkh112

212 main battery type

A follow up question: I understand that unlike BMW there is no need for any coding to be done to tell the car that a new battery has been fitted, is this correct?
  6. Jkh112

212 main battery type

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. 115 AGM ordered.
  7. Jkh112

212 main battery type

I saw these but they are all “wet” batteries not AGM
  8. Jkh112

212 main battery type

I have decided to replace the main battery in my 2014 E350 bluetec. Mercedes part number is A0009822108 Local main dealer wants £220 plus vat so I looked online. Most places recommend a 017 or 019 AGM battery but these are 353mm long whilst the one in the car is about 315mm. After some Googling...
  9. Jkh112

E350 rear air suspension trouble - not Airmatic

Sounds similar to the rear suspension problem I had on my E class estate. Mercedes fitted two new rear airbags (under warranty) and all has been good since.
  10. Jkh112

E class DAB quality

My 2014 e class had terrible DAB reception when I purchased it 3 years ago. Under the warranty I managed to get the software updated (no improvement) and then the dab aerial booster replaced with a later version. DAB reception is now very good and I also now get DAB+.
  11. Jkh112

DAB+ Capability

That is what I suspect too. I know they did a software update and said they fitted a new dab aerial booster but the work could have given me DAB+as an additional benefit.
  12. Jkh112

DAB+ Capability

That is why I am confused (but pleased) that my car does seem able to pick it up. Very odd.
  13. Jkh112

DAB+ Capability

If that is true then how am I receiving in my 2014 car?
  14. Jkh112

DAB+ Capability

Talkradio stop broadcasting both on Monday.
  15. Jkh112

DAB+ Capability

Talkradio is moving from DAB to DAB+. I looked online and was disappointed to find that my 2014 E350 should not be capable of receiving DAB+. However the car finds and receives the new Talkradio+ channel on DAB+. About 3 years ago I had the DAB aerial booster replaced under warranty due to...
  16. Jkh112

frame-less windows and frost

Gummi plege (May not be spelt correctly) is specifically for this and a small stick/tube lasts years.
  17. Jkh112

Adaptive multi beam LED headlights problem

Mine has never done that and I leave the AC on in auto mode.
  18. Jkh112

SPRC1934 Recall - Diseasel Software Update

I would think so too, but wanted to check.
  19. Jkh112

SPRC1934 Recall - Diseasel Software Update

You mention a drop in fuel consumption. Do you mean that?i.e. the car uses less fuel now. If so that is very good but is the opposite of what I heard from others.
  20. Jkh112

Best place to purchase an auxiliary battery?

MB grangemouth was a lot cheaper than my local dealer. Tanya was £20 cheaper but I decided to go with Grangemouth in case the issue was not the actual battery. I thought if I had to take it into a MB dealer it would be better with a genuine battery. It arrived today and I fitted it in ten...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom