Search results

1. littlebrooklyn

Need service history of my next car

It's such a stupid system now isn't it. My daughter in law bought their last MB without even asking about the service history, which was kind of naive I know. When she got the car and contacted MB there didn't seem to even be what I would call a proper service history, a few services here and...
  2. littlebrooklyn

Service due warning....

I hate how the service indicator comes on a whole month before the service is due and it's just a flipping nuisance. Ours comes on every time I start the car and I have to mess around getting rid of it, only for it to be there the next time I use the car. I'm so ticked off by it that we have...
  3. littlebrooklyn

Car Finance Reclaim

I saw a link about that online yesterday and registered an interest in it as we bought our previous car on finance. Wasn't my idea as I like to pay cash for cars but Keith saw a car he liked and he wanted it so that's how he paid for it. Took me ages to remember all the details but eventually...
  4. littlebrooklyn

Can someone recommend an independent garage in Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire

We live in Hertfordshire and use Wayne Gates in Harrow, might be a bit too far for you but we've used them since 2005 and they have always been excellent.
  5. littlebrooklyn

Wireless phone charger

I had no idea you could retrofit something like that, didn't even know they came as standard in cars these days either. I hope they work better than the wireless chargers you can buy for home use. I have a Samsung one and it's always been really slow to charge my phone and it can take a lot of...
  6. littlebrooklyn

Tracker to comply with car insurance

I did get in touch with the insurance company, they don't seem to have a phone number but they do have an online chat. Took ages to get through on that and eventually they told me that the part I was reading didn't apply to our insurance. I'm not sure how it doesn't as it's there on the policy...
  7. littlebrooklyn

It's lunacy isn't it, car insurance has gone up so much and now you are expected to put an expensive tracker on it too? I've been looking at prices and although some trackers aren't too much to buy they tend to have a monthly charge.
  8. littlebrooklyn

Our car insurance is due for renewal at the end of next month, so I was just going on the comparison sites to see how much it will be. Our current policy cost £372 but I can't find anything right now that is less than nearly £500. However what worries me even more is that having just read the...
  9. littlebrooklyn

C-Class estate - what is best/best avoided?

I see yours is Tenerite Grey too, that's the same as ours I think, will put a pic on. Have to say looking at it I do wonder why we now have an A Class :p
  10. littlebrooklyn

C-Class estate - what is best/best avoided?

It was such a lovely car and yes we do still miss it and I often catch Keith looking wistfully at old pics of it. The guy who owned it after us was so impressed with it that he actually wrote a letter telling us what a great car it was :rolleyes:
  11. littlebrooklyn

Faulty Digital Milometer

Can't seem to find one, seems no one wants to know. The garage who filled out the MOT with the incorrect mileage have admitted it was their mistake but that's as far as they want to get involved. My son had to sell his A Class today as he'd paid a deposit on another car, which I guess was non...
  12. littlebrooklyn

Faulty Digital Milometer

Bit lost there, you mean he must have gone through a toll station in the car :confused:
  13. littlebrooklyn

Faulty Digital Milometer

Well so far today my son's had no success sorting the issue out. The garage that did the service and MOT are issuing a letter saying they made an error but said he had to phone some government department to confirm this would be enough. When he phoned them they said they can't do anything...
  14. littlebrooklyn

Faulty Digital Milometer

Good point, I just asked him and he couldn't find the 2022 invoice when he was sorting through all the paperwork. A phone call to the garage that did the service resulted in him getting a copy which has the mileage down as Zero, so I'm guessing they didn't fill that bit in, not very impressed...
  15. littlebrooklyn

Faulty Digital Milometer

My son took his A Class to WeBuyAnyCar this morning and was actually offered £1,000 more than anywhere else had offered him so he was just about to sort out the deal when it flagged up that his mileage readings are all over the place. I'm sure it will all get sorted out but why the person who...
  16. littlebrooklyn

ULEZ Consultation

Our old mini still has till May next year before it is classed as historic so Keith is going to SORN it till then as the run he normally takes the car on goes through lots of areas that are now ULEZ areas, flipping nuisance :(
  17. littlebrooklyn

Well out of my depth.

It's all about 'boys and their toys' isn't it ;)
  18. littlebrooklyn

Well out of my depth.

We are all too nice on here to laugh, honestly :)
  19. littlebrooklyn

Well out of my depth.

I just showed the pics to my other half as he has been buying and restoring old cars since he qualified as a motor mechanic many years ago. He said 'I could do that', I'm just glad he's never brought one home that bad to our house as I don't think I could handle it :D These are pics of a 1961...
  20. littlebrooklyn

Mercedes to Renault, really?

I think they have to be Euro 6 or later to be ULEZ compliant, our car is a 2016 diesel and I think it's probably only just scraped through :)
Top Bottom