Search results

1. D

WiFi connection

Thanks folks - I had not quite realised how it was set up - all clear now, and as you say, basically a waste of time cheers
  2. D

WiFi connection

I know that in car WiFi is a bit of a waste of time, but still, having tried to get it connected and failed is irritating. My iPhone recognises the hotspot and I have entered the pw correctly and the little wifi symbol shows on the phone. But when I actually try to connect to the web, nothing...
  3. D

Proximity detector going crazy

Many thanks, will certainly give that a try
  4. D

Not sure about the open road, we live in the city. But it is true that it didn't happen when we were just driving along. Can they be re-set/re-calibrated?
  5. D

My off-side front proximity detector suddenly started beeping like a madman for no apparent reason. Seems to be worse when stopped at traffic lights for example. I cant see anything on the car like a stuck leaf or whatever. Any ideas what's going on? Or indeed - how to stop it! Thanks
  6. D

Government cuts short MOT extension to August

Ah - thanks - very helpful. Extensions in place remain valid but you can elect to have an earlier MOT if you wish
  7. D

Government cuts short MOT extension to August

The DVLA website is still recording that I have a 6 month extension until December. Did the article say these were being revoked?
  8. D

keyless thievery - fixed?

Well, that was easy! Many thanks
  9. D

keyless thievery - fixed?

Good evening all - the current edition of Which says that MB have instituted a protective device that will allow you to "turn off the key" which is effective even in pre-2018 models. Does anyone know what they are referring to? thanks!
  10. D

Bluetooth connection not allowing Audio from Samsung S10+

I cant's solve your problem I'm afraid, not the least as I seem to be having a similar problem with iTunes and iPhones. The phone says its is connected via Bluetooth and phone calls etc work fine, but the car can't seem to "see" the music files. So maybe we are both doing something wrong?
  11. D

Mercedes Me portal - Software updates

Interesting. Let us know if the dealer says anything helpful about this (we can but live in hope....)
  12. D

Mercedes Me portal - Software updates

And now mine has started sending me messages to say that the car is unlocked and do I want to lock it....when it is quite clearly already locked. Irritating
  13. D

Any thoughts on service plans?

This is what the bloke told me about courtesy cars: "Free courtesy car When you have a Service Care Plan, you have the luxury and convenience of a courtesy car while your vehicle is being serviced. Alternatively, we will collect and deliver your vehicle at no extra charge. This is only...
  14. D

Any thoughts on service plans?

I'm quite new to MB and have had a service plan for the last 2 years on my (bought new) C200. It seems to me to have been worthwhile but they are now offering me an opportunity (!) to extend it. Anyone have views on whether these are good value or not? Many thanks
  15. D

Remote parking, does anyone actually use this ?

I have tried it for fun but its just a novelty actually. And the distaff side can't bring herself to use it as she "gets scared taking my hands off the wheel"....
  16. D

Satnav updates...again

Just to record the end of the story, the dealership has now carried out the update. To those that wait shall be given...I suppose. I just would rather not have waited quite so long..
  17. D

Keyless entry secure from Scanners?

Keefysher mentioned "double clicking" which I had heard about elsewhere. Does that really work?
  18. D

Satnav updates...again

Yes, the first 3 years are free to me. But presumably the dealer gets paid by MB "central" don't they? After all, I didn't buy the car from this dealer. If they have to do the update but get absolutely nothing for it I can certainly understand their reluctance.....although that won't stop me...
  19. D

recommendations for road trip to Italy

Hi there - we are just back from driving to and from Italy, which we do often, so let me chuck in my two pennyworth . First off, choose whether you want to do scenic or fast. Quickest is down the French autoroute, cut across below Strasbourg to avoid congestion, enter Switzerland then through...
  20. D

Satnav updates...again

So here is the update on this saga. I contacted MB Customer Service (a bit of a tautology actually) who confirmed that v13 is available but that "some dealers may not have it yet". They confirmed that my local dealer (Temple Fortune in London) would contact me in 2 weeks. Time flies etc....So I...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom