Search results

1. N

SL R230 PSE/Central Locking Problem'ish.

Hi Lost Kiwi! That follows my train of thought, why would you have two separate valves/supply? which sort of leans the emphasis towards a "sticky" door lock mechanism, as the passenger side operates without any issues off the same level of air pressure/vacuum release. I feel the dreaded door...
  2. N

Hi Lost Kiwi. Might well be worth a punt. The thing that keeps poking at my sense of logic with this is that it's consistently the drivers door lock that generally fails to operate unless the engine is running. One would assume that German engineering would have ensured that air pressure...
  3. N

Hi Kids!! "An SL R230 with a PSE problem? Surely not" I hear you cry in unison. Well here goes, a call out to the hive mind so to speak. Problem/Symptom. On opening car from outside with remote key fob, drivers door (RHD) does not unlock, plunger does not raise. Closing the car from outside...
  4. N

R230 PSE pump connections

Hi there! Hope you won't mind me butting in on this thread but I hope you might be able to help. I have a 2010 SL 350. My drivers door unlocks somewhat intermittently. Usually OK the first time of use, but then just fails to unlock (either by key or dash switch) afterwards. The car locks up...
  5. N

SL R230 Central Locking........... Quirk.

Thanks Blobcat! I do try my best to both lubricate and actually use the mechanical locks on a regular basis...... Just in case. On a lubricating note. Any tips on how to lubricate the power door mirrors on an SL? They sound like a couple of vultures crowing when they move
  6. N

SL R230 Central Locking........... Quirk.

Hi Kids!!! So! I think I've fallen foul to the dreaded PSE nightmare. 2010 R230 SL 350. Intermittent fault with drivers door lock. On occasion (usually after working correctly a couple of time). On using the key fob to lock all doors and glove boxes on the car, all fine. When opening the car...
  7. N

R230 SL350 Roof Not operating (Closed not opening)

Hi all!! Just a bit of a follow up in case anybody comes across this looking to deal with the same fault. Have attached a couple of pic's of the the offending "slide" positioned against the new replacement one. The newer part is significantly different in size and weight. All up the job took...
  8. N

After a cursory look at the system I'm hoping that what has happened is that wear in the slide has allowed the cog to jump a tooth on the gear and this is what has put it out of alignment. I've watched a couple of YouBoob video's and the replacement and upgraded slide seems relatively straight...
  9. N

Hi Lost Kiwi Think I've found the culprit. The O/S boot flap (elephant ear) is hanging down by about 3 inches. There is about a half inch of play in the movement and with that I can hear the micro-switch clicking. but move the flap towards the underside of the boot lid more than a half inch...
  10. N

Hi Lost Kiwi. Thanks for that. Have already had a look through that document, which was one of the reasons why I was wondering if it might be a power issue as I would have thought that the car would have thrown a wobbler if any of the micro-switches had have been out of sync or faulty. There's...
  11. N

Hi Kids!! Hope someone might be able to give me some ideas. So out with the SL today and the roof failed to open when pulling back on the roof lever switch. The boot separator was in place and there were no warnings on the instruments to say that there was a fault or a "Visit Workshop" warning...
  12. N

"Steamy Windows" SL R230... and we 'aint talking Tina Turner!

I did hear a rumour that when they sold the old SL65AMG pace car from the Bahrain GP track, that the only fault they found with the car was moss growing in the boot.
  13. N

Hi Wighty! I'd give it a go but the withering Paddington Bear Hard Stare that I would get from her takes some battling against. My better half is a one time respiratory nurse who has a dislike of the nasties that can find their way into air-con systems, particularly the ones in cars where...
  14. N

Hi David. As mentioned in reply to Oigle's post. I very rarely use the Air-Con and during past winters switching the "Windscreen" setting on the heater/blower generally does the trick. Many thanks. Nile.
  15. N

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Now there's a thunk! My better half is very anti-aircon. She hates it and every time I turn it on she gives me a right earful. To be fair, in the summer the SL only gets used when I can put the top down (usual UK rules apply, temperature in double figures and at least 15% of...
  16. N

Hi ajlsl600! Just ordered some de-humidifier packs from Amazon so will see how I get along with those. Fingers crossed as they say. Thanks. Nile.
  17. N

Hi Blobcat. The de-humidifier thing crossed my mind. Part of me was wondering whether it's just a case of moist air getting drawn into the car when warmer air in the car cools down (pressure drop).... Who knows? Might try opening the roof up if it's dry at the weekend see if there's anything...
  18. N

Hi Blobcat! Cabin carpet dry throughout. I even used a moisture probe out of curiosity. It's a 2009 and there are a couple of small drain holes in the lower points of the boot compartment (they look factory, grommets and everything). Haven't checked the pollen filter must admit, but there's...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom