Search results

1. Severnless

Downsizing Wheels - Any Experience?

@Noddy 99, as you have mentioned that you have a cdi sport (which I have) I think you will find that all this talk of fitting smaller wheels is wishful thinking, as the CDi sport was fitted with the much bigger brake disc and calliper, to the standard w211, please check the front wheels and see...
  2. Severnless

Average fill-up amount

When I used to do big miles, in my E class, I filled up twice a week to the brim so £80-£90 now I’m not traveling as much, I just plug in at home now for £1.30 not been to a forecourt since February, got to say I don’t miss them one bit.
  3. Severnless

Garage Rebuild

Can you not sing the H.A.P.P.Y song? And see if the rest of the ward joins in? This one
  4. Severnless

Garage Rebuild

Hope the opp went well and isn’t painful for you Get well soon!
  5. Severnless

Electric cars

I just wish the manufacturers would make stuff that would last a life time, but that’s not what we are told to do. Hence the new phone every year that seems to be pushed.... I’ve had to change my i6 to a i10 as like you the phone kept crashing and was slow also wouldn’t last a day on battery...
  6. Severnless

Electric cars

Good post, thank you ☺️ I will say to you, I’ve worked ****** hard to earn the ‘wealth’ ( your words) and given up alot to Get here, but I’ve got to add, this isn’t a £50k Benz.....It’s a £20k mg and as said before it’s the first new car I’ve ever had. If it was a petrol car would you be...
  7. Severnless

Electric cars

We just use the smart Ohme tethered type 2, basically a 32amp relay box, only have the one for both cars, as Mrs Severnless is on 12 months adoption leave and I’m self employed, we get along just fine. We have changed our tariff from octopus Agile to their GO tariff which gives us 4hours at...
  8. Severnless

Electric cars

Just thought I would put a piccy of my first ever brand new EV car. Only put 600 miles on it so far, really pleased with it, had to take it back last week to have the option alloys fitted as they were on back order. Also had tints fitted all round
  9. Severnless

Electric cars

To update this old thread, I’ve just purchased a brand new MG5 ev exclusive in bright red, pick it up next week! My first ever brand new car! As my work life has changed and I don’t need an E class mile muncher anymore, also I’ve been so impressed with Mrs Severnless’s MG ZS ev and MG are still...
  10. Severnless

Sold my Lexus RX450h

Sorry to hear of the health issues and glad your on the mend, also make sure you enjoy your early retirement. With the Lexus, I think you had a lucky escape, with them being hybrid they are soooooo fussy, to complicated for my liking. As a BEV owner, you need to aware that if you are leaving the...
  11. Severnless

Help with DIY Spray Painting & Prep Work? Any Bodyshop people here?

@d215yq and @Vx-Man-G I take my hat off to anyone who will have a go at paint application, my only advice to anyone who wants to have a go, is please, please make sure if you are using any type of 2k paint, use the correct PPE, ie not a filter mask!! Use a forced air fed mask and the correct...
  12. Severnless

Tyre choice

Link Just ordered 2x uniroyal rain sports 5 from camskill.co.uk Quite a bit cheaper than black circles and anywhere else for that matter Now all I need to organise is the repair on the cracked rear alloy! Then Mot Then up for sale!!!
  13. Severnless

Help with DIY Spray Painting & Prep Work? Any Bodyshop people here?

The paint application is the easy bit, the work is in the prep! Unless you really want to diy, just leave it all to the paint shop, they won’t thank you for doing the prep, probably charge you more if you did it. As they say if you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait till you hire...
  14. Severnless

2007 S211. Knocking noise.

Anti roll bar bushes, Always worse on a warm day But to replace them you have to support the engine, drop the subframe and replace the whole sway bar and subframe clamps! Great mb design! To diagnose it, put the front end on ramps get underneath grab hold of one end of anti roll bar and give it...
  15. Severnless

Birmingham Clean Air Zone - forcing to look at new car(s)

Yes the Gom is reading low atm we did see 170 during the summer, but as low as 130 during the freezing weather. Totally agree with the pre conditioning, but the MG doesn’t have an app for the car unfortunately, so just nip out 5mins before we set off and put the heating or aircon on, heated...
  16. Severnless

If you can get over the mental set of cheap Chineseium then you might be very surprised, we were looking at all the manufacturers that had Evs, started with test driving a Kona then on the off chance looked at the ZS, Mrs S wouldnt look at anything else as her mind was made up! the MG5 has a...
  17. Severnless

We have an Mg ZS exclusive, had it since July last year put 5k miles on it, charge at home normally, we changed our leccy tarif in August last year and overall we are saving on our electric bill! I’ve just had to go to Cheshire from the midlands this morning, started with 140 miles on the GOM...
  18. Severnless

Electric cars

@Badger Yep the running costs are pretty low, there’s a chap on mgevs forum who’s found free rapid chargeing near him so 950 miles in 10 days for nowt but wear and tear. We’ve only used a dc ccs charger once and was £4.90 fo 21kwh which Is pricey As said, we tend to charge at home as it suits or...
  19. Severnless

Electric cars

Well as I’ve got nowt to do today, thought I would update this thread as promised So after almost four months and 3453 miles...... better let you know our thoughts! I asked Mrs ‘S’ if she missed the ‘Touran’ we traded in (as she used the large boot area a lot!) She suddenly realised she...
  20. Severnless

Nearly bought an Electric car

Last week we had our ‘Ohme’ smart wall charger fitted, so we can now take advantage of cheap rate leccy and up to 7kw 32amp, it has its own supply through its own isolator/trip and it’s connected between the meter and the consumer unit. you are correct the 3pin granny charger is limited to 10amp...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom