Search results

1. daveenty

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Hmm, no idea why unless you're not logged into Mercedes ME? I get the options below: -
  2. daveenty

Mine used to literally take hours so I seldom use the online option nowadays. THIS LINK should work for you and will let you download all available updates to a USB (Min 16GB, ideally 32)
  3. daveenty

Just done a map update after receiving an email suggesting that there was one available. I tend to do them via download onto a USB stick now as the OTA one seems to take forever, especially with my limited mileage. The car's now on the ground after spending the last 6 months on the lift in the...
  4. daveenty

My other car (Warning: Ford Content)

Another day another water leak... Decided to give the truck a quick clean up as it was a dusty mess after finishing rubbing down and painting the pickup bed. Put the hose on it and was semi transfixed watching the water pouring out from my new wheel arch drains. After washing it, I jumped in to...
  5. daveenty

Got it back on it's wheels again. :) It's done more miles vertically than linear in the last few months, just up and down on the lift to move it out of the way. Connected the charger again yesterday, just to check the battery is still OK and it's showing full this morning so all good there...
  6. daveenty

Just a quick update this time as not a great amount has been happening, partially due to the weather, mainly a lack of interest on my part. The new shocks arrived from the US in under a week, more excellent service from Rock Auto. They went on without drama, I didn't even bother putting the...
  7. daveenty

At the moment the engine seems to be running fine, the temp gauge is at the cooler end of normal and the heater is getting warm (though not hot). All the hoses are warm to the touch and the (new) thermostat seems to be opening when required. The coolant level is a bit low down in the radiator...
  8. daveenty

I managed to get the oil change done though for some reason I struggled to get an oil filter this time, it took a good while and an alternative supplier in the end but all is now good. I've dropped the oil viscosity down slightly, from the 20w50 which was in it to a 10w40, mainly as it was...
  9. daveenty

AMG pics.

Shed. Bet you wish you still had it though... Was this an early TRAX meet Alps, or earlier than those?
  10. daveenty

What valuation will i get on my car

Of the last three I've sold, two went via Motorway, one privately to a friend. As you suggest, WBAC were poor in their valuation, with Motorway beating them substantially. The most difficult part of the Motorway process was taking pictures which they accepted, at the correct angle to enable...
  11. daveenty

Cheers Peter, I didn't notice your old '57 there but there was a lot of stuff crammed into a very small area and it was just starting to get a bit chaotic when I decided to call it a day. I never seem to get to hear about these local events really though a couple of the names you mention above...
  12. daveenty

AMG pics.

Mine's here for another couple of months. :( It'd barely turned a wheel since last September and is currently on SORN. I'll hopefully get the dust cleaned off it in the next few weeks and get it ready for when the weather starts to warm up around April. :)
  13. daveenty

I like the El Camino Brian, the 69 is my favourite though. I came close to getting one before I bought this Ranchero but it was rotten all around the windscreen which, at the time, I considered to be too much work for me. Ah well, we live and learn :D
  14. daveenty

Had a pleasant surprise when I sold my old Recaro seats on eBay, got quite a bit more than I paid for the new ones, so happy. It felt like a bit of a win, which I don't get very often with this truck. I went to the American Auto Club meet on the 7th Jan at Barton Airport. There seemed to be a...
  15. daveenty

Keeping the Engine Clean?

Every time the car gets cleaned so does the engine bay. And the underside, exhausts etc. I find it strangely therapeutic but I'm a bit like that really. Usually just a quick spray with a QD and the go over the plastics and the rubber finishes with Aerospace 303. Gives it a nice sheen (not shine...
  16. daveenty

Went into the garage with the intention of taking the battery charger off the 217. Decided that it was too cold for both me and it to be messing about so came back in the house and had another brew. Apart from a couple of times I've needed access to the lift in the garage for the Ford, the...
  17. daveenty

Firstly, a Happy New Year, hope you all have a good one. I thought I'd get this in now as I'm trying to be free from internet over the next few days, just for a bit of a break really. :) Not too much to report as I've not done much in or to the truck, mainly due to the horrendous weather. It...
  18. daveenty

A bit late to the party on this but my opinion, for what it's worth, is that you can do whatever you want as it's yours. :) I had black wheels on my last couple of E Classes, W212 in Palladium, W213 in White and as far as I was concerned they looked fine. OK, they were a satin black as opposed...
  19. daveenty

Since my last post all I was bothered about was tidying it up a bit as it's been stood for ages. The interior wasn't too bad as I'd cleaned most things up before I installed the carpet and seats but I gave everything a quick going over anyway. I spent a bit of time on the new seats, using...
  20. daveenty

A Collision has been detected

Absolutely plausible, mine did it all the time on my garage lift until I started to slow it down. Any sudden movement can trigger it so, in this case, the dealership are probably telling the truth. :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom