Search results

1. Jim2

Recommend me a diagnostic scanner to buy

Apologies for barging into this conversation, but maybe I can get some help, and offer some help? I bought the iCarsoft CR Pro about 3 years ago, and while its main purpose was Mercedes Benz, it offered a very good range of scans for most makes of vehicles, and up to now, was very good with...
  2. Jim2

W212 bumper removal issue

Then it should have its comrade on the other side of the bumper? I will go back working it this morning, and see if I can find where exactly it was attached to the bumper, and glue it back in situ. An iCarsoft scan should tell me then if all is OK.
  3. Jim2

I don't know....its within a few inches of another sensor, mostly likely is, but they are only on the driver's side.??
  4. Jim2

Thanks Blobcat. That's what I'll do, it should have left a mark on the bumper where it was.
  5. Jim2

This is a different issue, and not related in the slightest to Dipsticks etc, but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to start a new thread.....so apologies in advance. And if some one could put it the correct forum, I'd be grateful !!! So my present problem arose when I had to remove...
  6. Jim2

MB Spec Synthetic Engine Oil

Yes, and the engine oil dipstick is about 2 inches away from it. Rear of engine, left-hand side looking at the engine from the front.
  7. Jim2

Can you take a pic?
  8. Jim2

In a previous Eclass I owned, OM651 engine, 722.6 trans, both the engine oil dipstick and transmission dipstick tubes were within a few inches of each other rear of engine, and next to the bulkhead.
  9. Jim2

Down the transmission dipstick tube..
  10. Jim2

Concerning flexible transmission dipsticks for MB 722.6 trans, does not matter how long it is, once it's long enough....the important part is the black plastic measuring tip at the end, the one with the diamond shape on it. It's this shape which allows it to enter to the correct depth in the oil...
  11. Jim2

Yeah, but we do......show me the man who claims to be perfect, and I'll show you a liar
  12. Jim2

When MB were queried on their "Sealed fir Life" claim, which later proved not to be the case in the real world, they countered by saying " Well, we never said whose Life, did we? ":oops::oops::oops:
  13. Jim2

Well, the oil is one thing...but oil filters are something else....I'd be going for the genuine article in this case,as you mention, the price difference is negligible when you think about the myriad problem that.you faulty filtration can cause.
  14. Jim2

W212 E350 cdi coolant leak

Does this engine have the heated fuel filter, where the hot water from the engine block is circulated through the fuel filter too? In the OM651 engine, its a very common Leak issue.
  15. Jim2

My point was AMgeed, that regardless of the name on the oil container, if it was approved by MB, then it was good to use. There's lots of "oily" stories out there about why brand X is better for your MB engine than brand Y. The catch is of course as always, it comes at a higher price. And oil...
  16. Jim2

For the OM651 engine, yes. 6.5 ltrs is the correct qty.
  17. Jim2

Was for Gazwould, who is an authority on all things oily
  18. Jim2

If it's on the MB BEVO approved list, has to meet MB standards, yes?
  19. Jim2

That should have read " MB BEVO" list..automatic typing
Top Bottom