Search results

1. Monkey Wrench

Any F1 fans

I'll be watching, hoping Guenther gets the ump...
  2. Monkey Wrench

Any F1 fans

Those intakes don't look big enough, cooling from somewhere else as well.....
  3. Monkey Wrench

SRS Malfunction Seatbelt Tensioners Constantly Clicking Stops Play

this is bugging now..... Start up, no warnings, all clear, left her running for half hour, all seemed good.... Soon as I switch wipers on, with no action from the wipers, roll bar lamp, SRS (visit workshop message) radio blipping on/off, passenger airbag led near the hazard button flickering...
  4. Monkey Wrench

Ho....sorry....don't know what I did there, was gonna say, obd scanner through up some stuff about this that and the other, SRS, circuit 15R broken, water heater circulation fault.....left, right, rear SAM's......cleared a the SRS, reset ignition and hey presto, everything clear, everything...
  5. Monkey Wrench

I'm gonna have to get a power point near the parking spot, the fun never ends...:p
  6. Monkey Wrench

thanks, yep, just measured 10.35 Vdc, damn it.... charger bound to be back of the shed.....just because I need it :confused: I'll let you'all know if charging sorts this, so hoping.... As for a maintainer/conditioner device, what would the minimum input amps? looks like they vary somewhat....
  7. Monkey Wrench

Well that's just dandy. Jumped in her for 1st time since December..... the clicky clicky has returned, seatbelt solenoid pretty much massages me :p. SRS, radio, wipers, 12vdc sockets......refusing to work....consumer battery is low though :rolleyes:, maybe not enough juice to energize the...
  8. Monkey Wrench

R230 Boot won’t open

Hi, do hope you get in the boot some how. This flat battery business is one to keep on top of, unfortunately. I'm thinking of installing some fly leads to the boot battery and having them accessible from underside somewhere, so I can recharge if boot access fails. The ignition unit is famed for...
  9. Monkey Wrench

Update, battery charged, no more clicky clicky, or thumping of the key area. No faults... Was it just the battery.....time should tell Thanks to all for your contributions.
  10. Monkey Wrench

Just to touch on the battery.... Im running an Exide EA770, can't find my charger....typical, when you want something :rolleyes: Would it be unjust to seek out a better battery? Whats better?, dont know, worth it?, dont know.... Any suggestions seriously considered
  11. Monkey Wrench

:eek: Wonders will never cease..... Thumping near the key a few times and it went off, wipers started wiping etc, but moments later came back but have to say, not with the rapid switching like before. Sat with the Autel plugged in, scanning EZS, B1 010 under voltage supply, kinda makes sense...
  12. Monkey Wrench

Well that's annoying, this key won't turn any further without some excessive force, and I not doing that....
  13. Monkey Wrench

thanks, i think the key unlocking is now the priority today at least.... Where are my pliers...? Don't suppose I should douse with spray lubricant, or is that a no no?
  14. Monkey Wrench

Defo trying this, wonder if MB saw this and redesigned this area ....
  15. Monkey Wrench

Phew...no water but condensation ! Nothing damp otherwise. Battery at 10.4 Vdc so a charging we shall go, just gotta find ye old Buddygo purchased couple of years ago for sons rarely driven RX8 . But there lies another concern. If battery cozy indoors, I close boot, will the lid auto latch?. I...
  16. Monkey Wrench

Thanks Blobcat: my job for tomorrow.... Water :eek:, thinking about it we have had some mighty mighty downpours lately, I daren't look......but I must be brave. Does water trickle into some particular component on the way to the boot floor?
  17. Monkey Wrench

Hi everyone, Another day in the life of an 2006 R230, good old SRS malfunction, "visit the workshop":mad: So, its wet and cold out, so I wont be doing much work on her but need a plan of attack. Ive searched here for relevant tags but can't find much, might be me.....:rolleyes: Starts ok, boot...
  18. Monkey Wrench

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Removed 17 tiny stones embedded in the V's of the serpentine belt, regressed small upper idler pulley :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom