Search results

1. D

Your Benz and how many miles?

100,000miles. Last week I had low oil warning. She has never needed oil before except for oil change. When I checked I discovered the dreaded mayonnaise on the oil filler cap and in the cooler expansion tank. I have flushed everything out and added Steel Seal for the cylinder head. But sorry to...
  2. D

Karcher died

I remember 30 odd years ago the service engineer for our power washers saying that all these big companies B&Q, Homebase and the likes would ask if they could make a power washer for under £100. Sure if we put in this cheap part and that cheap part we could do it. That was the last of good...
  3. D

DPF problem

What would happen if you (don't know if you even can) knock the inners of these things out to make it a straight through?
  4. D

Will an AMG GTS fit in a single integral garage?

Correct me if I am wrong and most likely am. The building regulations would have a minimum standard size for building a garage. But this would have been in 19?? when cars such as the Austin mini and Morris Minor would fit easy and with room to some maintenance in the garage. Today you would be...
  5. D

Children travelling in front seat

https://www.johnlewis.com/joie-baby-trillo-group-2-3-high-back-booster-car-seat-ember/p4071162?sku=238021903&s_ppc=2dx92700055394943581&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzjyH0wnYOq7I6u3NNOQyQ1EVigiWVSwCU8y10NP6o-JfB4yDoSwhtdBoCndAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  6. D

Check out what this idiot just remembered

I would re-use them. But then I don't even have a torque wrench. Guess I'm old school. Many many years ago I did a head gasket. But going with the previous answers I guess I was lucky.
  7. D

Icarsoft MB II as an accurate diagnostic tool

Such a shame the Icarsoft I bought only does Mercedes. I have a ABS light on in my cheap Fiat Punto and it does not work.
  8. D

Japanese W140 Command to UK single din....

https://www.fluentu.com/blog/japanese/japanese-online-course/
  9. D

Tesla car fire....Electric car...Not for me

Should the safety equipment not have stopped the Tesla before it hit the concrete barrier?
  10. D

Wheel alignment

Only as good as the mechanic that is doing the job no matter where you go.
  11. D

Help needed with abs/esp

Sounds like you need a new ring. https://cdn.autodoc.de/thumb?id=7018624&m=0&n=0&lng=en&ccf=94077806
  12. D

Abs fault

I changed both sensor and ring myself so any competent backstreet garage could do this job.
  13. D

SLK Rear Subframe

My 203 has an advisory for mine. I still have to get under and look for myself. If I change I will be looking for a second hand one.
  14. D

Costco 'now' doing Goodyear Tyres

Last year the Costco guy advised me to order Goodyear from their online depo and have them delivered. I then got an email with time for change.
  15. D

I just got roasted for insurance..big time.

So when you buy a second car you have to start off with no claims bonus which would mean it's the car that's being insured. But if you have a bump in the second car it affects the driver of both cars. How does that work?
  16. D

Could be one of the benefits of living on the outskirts of Aberdeen. And of course I'm an old bugger. Well 65.
  17. D

I am considering buying another cheap Mercedes and went into the comp to check on Insurance quotes and was pleasantly surprised. HH03 TEC 2007 MERCEDES-BENZ CLS 320 CDI COUPE, 2987CC Diesel, 4DR, Automatic Voluntary excess £500 Cover type Comprehensive Edit Your lowest annual price £198.70
  18. D

Any motorcyclists on here as well?

I have a massive 125cc Great for my commute to and from work 10 mile round trip.
  19. D

Rusted brake line on ml270

I needed two front pipes for my 05 C180. I suggested to the mechanic that he could but in a join where there was good pipe to save him strugling between the bulkhead and the engine. He said no they will put in a whole new pipe. After I got the car home I looked under the bonnet, Heyho he put in...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom