Search results

1. Gazwould

Automatic Gearbox Service

I'm still on the original main battery that's in it's twilight years . This is February 2021
  2. Gazwould

It's a wrecking ball so best it not be . I did a trial at first by pulling the auxiliary battery 7.5A fuse right near it . Then months later I removed the auxiliary battery and taped the terminal leads . Sold the good aux battery for £30 . Both methods don't affect brake HOLD.
  3. Gazwould

E350D real mpg figures

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/mercedes-benz/e-class-cabriolet-2010
  4. Gazwould

Yes many prerequisites have to be met , so quite the flawed system , it can't gauge if a stop is really required. Plus it puts components on a shorter lifespan . Luckily with this earlier system it can be delightfully permanently disabled .
  5. Gazwould

Are you using the Stop Strain Al ?
  6. Gazwould

7g+ , ATF blue 236.15 , 5 years / 77,500 miles
  7. Gazwould

Engine oil analysis results

Probably not enough dispersants in the oil with their lovely little polar heads and hydrocarbon tails .
  8. Gazwould

The usual.... Dad's just got his first BM and auto , an F11 , good spec being an M Sport Plus with additional panoramic , HUD and heated steering wheel .
  9. Gazwould

Good mate , it's been a long time , hope you are well ? I'm hardly on car forums much these days as my Internet attention is drawn in a different direction and Mercedes forums can be a bit different to others !! See you have the same OM651 2.1 C Class , excellent choice , 2 L 60 mpg economy...
  10. Gazwould

Alan The Machine Gunn.......
  11. Gazwould

Disabling stop/start

And who experiences the most emissions ?
  12. Gazwould

Disabling stop/start

Just try it , I had the fuse removed at first for several months with much pleasure , then I completely removed the auxiliary battery for perfection saving 5kg and earning £30 . I was never going to save £30 in fuel was I ! HOLD still worked for me in both methods.
  13. Gazwould

Interior Clean help

Along with fake leather seats Mercedes has made another interior blunder with this horrendous black plastic monstrosity .
  14. Gazwould

HOLD inoperative - See Owner's Manual

I love it ! Stop Strain is the gimmick .
  15. Gazwould

W204 forgot the time

Up to you , the majority would delightfully not have it working because your main battery , starter motor , alternator , drive chain tensioner and engine mounts will thank you for it . Whilst saving a mere 5kg by removing it I also sold it for £30 which would take many years to show up as a...
  16. Gazwould

Reversing lights

Get some God like LED
  17. Gazwould

W212 E350cdi Gearbox Issue

A form of limp mode , code reader required.
  18. Gazwould

W204 forgot the time

Leave the Stop Start not working . You can completely remove the auxiliary battery saving 5kg and it's only function is SS.
  19. Gazwould

Cleaning/de-rusting and painting of brake calipers ....... Colour?

Trouble is with bright or light colours it shows up the brake dust so you would have to be enthusiastic about regularly cleaning them . My preference..
  20. Gazwould

8G service intervals

Phone up 2 main dealers then 2 independents , if they all say the same thing !

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom