Search results

1. J

2016 Smart Car. How do you set the gearbox from E to S?

How do you set the gearbox from E to S? I have found the button you press which changes it, but next time you start the car it is back in E. Is there a way to permanently set it to S?
  2. J

2016 Smart car MoT fail on Lambda emissions. Hole in exhaust ??

I did mine on the drive. Now passed it's MoT. The most difficult part was getting the clamp back on.
  3. J

Such a problem getting a non Mercedes Exhaust box. Non of the local motor factors sold them except SGF who when it arrived they decided to increase the price. In the end got one from Ebay £118. Slightly different, but still a quality part and fitted perfectly.
  4. J

Has anyone got or used a Pivot/Tilt Car lift?

Hi yes I am. You do not get a great height, but I did use it to change the bottom breather pipes and valve on my E200, which would have been impossible with out it. Also fluid changes. The only thing with it is raising the car, as most drills are not powerful enough and it needs to be done...
  5. J

I put the smoke machine pipe up the exhaust and after about 20 seconds smoke was coming out from under the heat shield, so yes a hole in the exhaust box. I have not taken off the heat shield to see the extent of the hole yet, but I will be getting a new exhaust tomorrow.
  6. J

2011 S211 EClass Anti roll Bar. Easy Job?

My brother used to live in Arnold. Up the hill behind the shops.
  7. J

Which part are you in? I was born in Bilborough. My sister lives in Nuthall and my brother in Kinberley, but I rarely get up there.
  8. J

A few years ago I bought a smoke machine so I will run that up the exhaust and see if that shows the hole.
  9. J

As above clean off the threads and put on penetrating oil and leave 10 mins or so. (Thanks Mioba). Well all done. QUITE an easy job. It is just that the nuts are in an awkward place so you cannot get a full turn on the spanner, but if you take your time and make sure that the Torque/Allen key...
  10. J

I do have an impact wrench if all fails or as you say cut it off. I was born in Nottingham. and I have siblings there.
  11. J

What is the approx cost of an indi garage fitted Timing chain etc.

Yes and spending my money. When I was younger I would have done the timing chain myself, but as you get older, 68yrs it seems a bit daunting. lol.
  12. J

Yes I will get a look at it when I have done the anti Roll bars on mine lol.
  13. J

Thank you. I think the most difficult bit would be getting the nuts off. Does anyone know the tightening Torque setting?
  14. J

Yes £35 for the part each side and 1.5Hrs Labour.
  15. J

My 2011 S211 EClass Anti roll Bar rubbers are Perished. Looking on line it looks like it is just undo 2 nuts. Take off. Fit new, tighten Nuts. Is that it? Just been quoted £165 a side. May as well do it my self if that is it. I have changed track rod ends before, which seem more difficult...
  16. J

My wife's 2016 Smart car just failed it's MoT on Lambda emissions (Limits 0.97-103. Actual 1.10)They said it was probably caused by a hole in exhaust, but they could not see one. I have not checked it my self yet, but I thought that I would check with the forum first. Any ideas or is the hole...
  17. J

Thank you. I have booked it in next month as still no one can do it until the end of the month. I have been quoted £1953.73 with all MB Parts,
  18. J

What is the torque setting for the spark plug Ignition coil Bolts

I have a leak on the Rocker cover (or whatever the correct name is) on a 2011 S211 Eclass M271 Engine. I get it that the gaskets need changing and it is going in next month and having this done, but I wanted to check the spark plug coil torque setting for future reference for when I change the...
  19. J

Took in into Virtue Mercedes Aylesbury to be fixed yesterday. I got a quote and the car went in. They rang me before they had actually had taken anything off the car and I asked if they would check the gears on changing the chain and they said no, as they need to remove more covers to check and...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom