c220

1. B

How do you drain coolant? S204 (w204) t model estate c220 2008 om646 engine

Hi, I hope someone can help. ive found a radiator drain valve in a recess on the rhs (as you look at it, technically the left as a driver) of the rad. It was in the 12 o’clock position and I can turn it anticlockwise to the 9 o’clock position, it’s a bit stiff but moves okay. but nothing comes...
  2. D

Lost power to passenger side windows, mirror and locks

Hi, This originally happened back in June then started working again for last few months but has gone again last week for a day now for last 3 days. Out of the blue, lost power to the passenger side door windows (front & rear), plus wing mirror, plus locks front and rear. This means I get...
  3. J

2012 Merc C220 CDI strange problem - transmission related?

Hi guys Sorry to sign up and go straight into posting a thread but I am doing this on behalf of my dad who really need a bit of help with his Merc and this place seems to have a vast wealth of knowledge. He has a 2012 C220 CDI on 60,000 miles which he has only owned for 6 months and I believe...
  4. I

W204 2010 C200 CDI Loss of power after injector seal change (No fault/error codes)

Hi, I just had my injector seals changed (due to seeing a leak on my drive and my mechanic diagnosing it to be that) and now my car has a drastic loss of power. Before the injector seal change the cars power fine - engine spools up properly and boost wasn't an issue. When driving the car...
  5. Aedmer

W204 c220 cdi - front left leak

Hi all, would really appreciate any help on this. Had a pretty large pool of what looks like oil show up under front left, behind wheel. Looks to be from axle. Got steam cleaned and raised at a garage and they were adamant - no oil leak. FF a month, same story again. Oil level is still fine...
  6. D

Seat cover

Bit of a random one! I've just switched from a hatchback (Astra) to a 2013 C220 coupe and I have a dog.... I'm struggling to find a rear seat cover for the 2 bucket seats. Has anyone had this problem and can help me with where to look? Thanks!
  7. H

Rear subframe replacement on C220 W203 that I was given as a gift.

Opening a new thread to follow on from https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/hello-all-just-got-a-c220-avantgarde-se-for-free.190190/ Received first quote from breakeryard.com this morning, £288 inc delivery, we'll see what else comes. I managed to get under it this morning...
  8. B

Hi all..

Recently bought a 2005 W203 C220 diesel estate. Have registered to learn how others get on with their "Daimlers" Quite a pleasant driving experience for an old car, showing how well they were built originally...
  9. Fraiser

Loud Steering Squeak (Rubber Boot) - W205

Hi all, First post since owning a number of MB cars, both moderns and classics. My W205 C220 sport has adopted this very annoying squeaking sound in the steering since I purchased from MB dealership. The dealership have returned the car under warranty several times with "no fault found" when...
  10. L

W204 Rear disc not going back on

Hi Everyone, Recently decided to fit new discs, pads and shoes to my 2011 C220 W204 but I'm having trouble with the O/S rear disc. I stripped down ok and popped in new shoes, installed new springs to hold shoes in place and the springs to pull the shoes together however when attempting to fit...
  11. T

C204 2011 C220 CDI COUPÉ LIMP MODE & EML

Hey guys, hope all of you had a great week so far! About two months ago the EML of my car turned up and being checked by the dealer. No unusual signs beside the Auto Stars/Stop (Eco System) stops working completely at that time. I was told that the Boost Pressure Sensor & the auxiliary...
  12. M

2007 C220 CDI iPod connector

I bought one of these from eBay as suggested (Genuine Mercedes A001827004 Media Interface) Unfortunately, it didn't connect to my iPod lead in the glove box (which was factory fitted). It was completely the wrong plug. So, I then bought one of the these ....3.5mm AUX Audio Jack Cable to 30 Pin...
  13. M

1st time Mercedes owner (+ USB question)

Hi, I am new to this site and I’m a first time Mercedes owner. Yesterday I was bequeathed a 2007 C220 CDI De Elegance Estate. Low mileage and immaculate. After just one day I love how comfortable and cruisey it is. I can only imagine how nice the newer models are. I have put my dash cam in...
  14. R

2017 C220 Premium plus Sport or AMG

New here, but just looking to purchase my first MB! I've found a 2017 C220 Premium Sport in Grey, with 38k on the clock which looks good. I've also seen a few AMG models around but just wondered what peoples thoughts were between the Sport and AMG. Also has anyone got a Premium Plus model -...
  15. S

Non standard wheels on C220 SE

Hi there, first time poster here. I have put a deposit down on a 2016 (66 plate) C220 SE from a vauxhall dealer. They have fitted what I think are these wheels. The tyres are 18 inch 255,40 (picture of actual wheel attached) These seem to be wider than any of the official options for this...
  16. RyanSL500

Changing my daily car from a 6 year old diesel to an 18 year old V8

Afternoon everyone! I hope you’re all well. so after recent events and finally getting my SL500 R230 fixed, I have made the decision to sell my 2014 C220 coupe to We buy any car as the trade in value is pretty decent and probably not much less than what I would get selling it privately (plus I...
  17. T

Mercedes C204 C220 CDI 2012 Ignition/Remapping Issues

Hi All, Hope you are well and are keeping safe. I have an issue I'd like your advice on, on my Mercedes C220 CDI 2012 Coupe (C204). Since quarantine, I have been doing very little long distance mileage and my DPF got completely full with Soot and went into Limp mode where it lost most of...
  18. A

C220 coupe rattle

Hi to all, So, whilst I was pottering around with the solar panel, I took a good in the rear of the car. Since I bought it, there has been a rather nuisance rattle coming from the back end whilst driving. I thought it was the parcel shelf itself, so never really investigated further. But, aha...
  19. S

Engine Failure on Mercedes C220 2.1l diesel OM651

Hiya i am a new bee? i am after some technical help. i have a 2012 c220 2.1diesel om651 witch had an engine fault i removed the engine and striped it down no inspection found the big end bearings seized to the crankshaft so the engine was sent to my local machine shop were they polished the...
  20. I

2012 C220 W204...Noisy on acceleration?

Hi Everyone, First of may I wish you all a merry Christmas. Seeming to have problem after problem with my C220 (beginning to wonder now why I went for Mercedes to be honest). I had issues with the EML a little while back. Came on, went into limp mode. Tried forcing a regeneration, but...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom