c220

1. A

Starter motor replacement on C220 2003

Good afternoon. I'm considering replacing the starter motor of my now stranded Merc on my drive. What's your advice? How long would it take? Should I do it myself or rather leave it to a garage? If diy is an option, does anyone have or know where to find instructions? Thanks for your help/views...
  2. A

Mobil 1 0W-40 Oil?

Greetings everyone, I have a question regarding motor oil. I have a Mercedes-Benz C220 (W203) year 2001, Diesel, Automatic and it has 296,000 km (mileage) - I searched on Mobil1 official web site and used their search criteria based on my car's information and the site recommended 0W-40 Mobil 1...
  3. N

Remap or box chip C Class 2016

Hey guys i hope you are all well, I'm new here however i have owned 4 Mercs in the last 5 years which were the 2014 A200 which bought me into the benz world, although i hated the car after 6 months as i was travelling 100's of miles each week so i swapped after 1 yr for the 2012 62 plate C250...
  4. RyanSL500

Opinions on having an SL500 R230 as my daily car.

Hi all, I’ve recently become a member of this awesome forum (my introduction thread can be found here: https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/new-member.175078/ I’m the recent owner a 2002 SL500 R230(picture in the other thread) which has been in the family for many years. This...
  5. A

COUPE AND SALOON FRONT END

Just need a quick thing answering I’ve recently purchased a c220 amg front end damaged its a w204 facelift and am wondering if i could put a w204 facelift saloon front end on it and if it would fit thanks
  6. M

HELP REPAIRING MY MERCEDES

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site mainly because of the accident I had with my Mercedes last week, Car: 2013 Mercedes Benz C220 CDI executive model So... long story short, My car went into the back of another car last week, Honestly it was no more than 15mph, the other car (vw golf) got a tiny...
  7. I

Accident Repair BodyShop Recommendation - Rear Collision

Hi, My local take away driver has rear-ended my 64 plate c220 and now i am in need for a body shop that any one can recommend in the Bradford area. I was sat stationary in traffic going no where and then bang this guys comes in to my rear. Anyways, I thought i would come here see if anyone can...
  8. B

Mot advice

Im looking at buying a 2005 c220 coupe, checking the history the last 3 mots all failed with the same thing, obviously it was fixed but reoccurred each year, just wondering on potential cost of repair if it does fail the same again. Nearside Front Track rod end ball joint has excessive play...
  9. T

C Class Alternator Pulley - spot weld back on?

The pulley came off my alternator today requiring a recovery back to base. Instead of requiring a pulley tool to release it is a loose fit on the shaft. My suggestion to the garage was that they spot weld it back on which was an idea he was not keen on? How daft an idea is this? My car is...
  10. O

C220 ESP currently unavailable when putting foot down (automatic)

Hi everyone So I've had this problem for a while. The car runs perfectly most of the time, there is only a particular time when this problem happens. After driving on the motorway for around half an hour and when I need to overtake someone, I put my foot down to get a boost and it doesn't...
  11. Jaime B

CP3 Pump Leak

Hi, new to the forum and hope to be of use and in need of a little advice. My C220 CDI had a minor fuel leak from the CP3 Pump which I should of addressed earlier but of course didn't! On the return from a trip between Cornwall and Essex the inevitable happened and she stopped, engine light...
  12. T

W205 Speaker upgrade

It didn’t take long in my ownership of a W205 C220 to find out that the Audio 20 audio quality is pretty average. Booked the car into Unique/ Comand in Lightwater and had the front factory fitted speakers changed out, on their recommendation, for Focal speakers. The resulting sound improvement...
  13. I

C220 2014 - Rear Cabin Whirring/Buzzing Noise As Revs Climb`

Hi People, Been forced to create this account so that I can be armed with more info when MB take a look at my car next week. Essentially as the revs climb, 40mph + to 75mph a noise starts building, from the rear cabin. It's like whirring, buzzing sound that gets louder and louder. I cannot be...
  14. T

How do I remove Front Driver Wing Panel on a W204 [C220]?

Anyone know or have a guide to how to remove the Front driver wing of a Mercedes W204 C220 (2012)?
  15. P

2004 C220 CDI Disable fuel for compression test

Hi Guys, I need to do a compression test on my C220 CDI ... what's the easiest way to disable the fuel ?
  16. D

C220 CDI W204 Coolant temp 80 degrees?

Hi, As a new thermostat has 92 degrees stamped onto it and it seems to be a common failing of this particular model, I am wondering if I should change the thermostat as it does not seem to be closing properly. Not that I am too worried about fuel consumption, which on a cooler engine is just a...
  17. M

DAB RADIO C CLASS 2009

Hello i recently bought a C Class C220 but i want DAB radio, is there any easy way in doing this or do i need to replace the radio and how would that work with the screen at the top?
  18. J

Pool of Diesel on top of Injectors.

Hi guys, great to be a part of the forum. Just looking for abit of help and advice. This morning my Mercedes cdi c220 2011 was turning over but not firing up. I tried a few times then stopped. When I looked in the engine there is a pool of Diesel over the injectors? But when I turn the car...
  19. ThPadd

W203 C220 Auto Box issue, easy change

Okay guys I have been hunting online for the answer to this, but not found the answers, so any relevant experience appreciated. I have had my 06 C220 for a couple of years now and after sorting out various issues (track rod arm, front discs, tyres, unlocking), I now have just 2 niggles that...
  20. C

W204, O/S trailer/caravan side light and indicator fail

Hi W204 C220 with 13pin connection and Avondale Avocet caravan and vehicle specific wiring kit (manufactured by "Right Connections") Panic!!!!! Just about to go away in the caravan today (SUnday) and checking the connections last night and the side lights and indicators were working OK on...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom