c220

1. Grotbag

Brake Squeal 2015 C220 Estate

I have a 2 year old C220 Estate. Whenever I press the brake they squeal. You cannot hear it with the windows up but it it very high pitch with the windows down. I have complained to MB and they took it in. They tell me it is a known problem but cannot fix it. When they have a fix they will...
  2. Sentinel-R1

S204 C220 CDI Manual - shuddering

Wanted to ask the experts opinions before I take it to a main dealer: The car is a 2011 Facelift S204 C220 CDI Manual gearbox @ 105k miles. So I noticed a few months ago that when in 3rd and 4th gear at low revs and demanding power, there's a shuddering feeling and noise coming from the rear...
  3. T

C200 Brake pedal Juddering while braking (Fathers Car)

If anyone is able to help that will be fantastic. My father recently had is wheel bearings replaced and a few days later he is now having issues with the brake pedal badly juddering while braking. And when harsh braking the back end kicks out quite badly. There have been suggestions it could...
  4. T

W204 C220 CDI 2012 Remaps?

Can anyone recommend a good Dyno Remap company, with good prices and increases :) Thankssss !
  5. H

C220 204 heated seats / reverse parking camera

Hi, I recently bought a 2013 (62 plate) c220d amg sport coupe and I was wondering if someone could please guide me to someone who fits reverse cameras so it comes up on the satnav screen? I added amg sport into the description because I was wondering if its possible to buy heated front...
  6. W

Servicing a 2500 mile a year C220cdi (OM611)

Hello, I'm new. I'm after some advice from people with more MB experience. I have owned a 2007 c203 for about 15 months, no big issues in that time (new battery, new tyre) Last service (DIY) was oil change (MB229.51), fit new genuine MB oil, air, fuel and cabin filters, plus inspect...
  7. C

New C220 owner

Hi everyone I've been a 'lurker' of this forum since I bought my first Mercedes back in December, so thought it was about time I registered and introduced myself! I took my car down to Devon last week and the weather was incredible, so took the opportunity to pull over and take a few...
  8. S

Towbar for '03 C220 CDI Coupe?

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a TowBar for a C220 CDI coupe as I can't seem to find one anywhere. A few "enter your license plate here to find your towbar" places have come back to say 'Sorry there is no towbar option for your car". Yet looking on Autotrader and a few...
  9. S

C220 Coupe - Fueling Problem. Suggestions welcome

Afternoon All. Hoping someone can give me a steer on this (no pun intended). After about a decade of wanting one, I finally got round to owning a C220 Coupe. It's a 2003 CDI (W203). Aside from an annoying rattle which I have since had fixed the car's twice let me down at the worst possible...
  10. th3h1ghlander

New member (newbie) looking for a W203

Hi all, I am looking to be a first time C-Class owner, primarily looking for CDI C-Class W203 from £2-3k. I thought it would be great to join the community, get a few tips of what to look for and use my experience with the car I get to drive my contributions to the community. :cool: Any...
  11. R

Sat nav help needed! c220 cdi (62-plate)

Forgive me if this is stupid, but I need some help. I picked up my 62-plate C220 cdi coupe (AMG Sport trim) today. It has 'sat nav prep', but no sat nav. I wasn't under the impression it had sat nav, so that's ok. What does 'sat nav prep' mean though?! I do however, want to install sat...
  12. N

C180 petrol vs c220 diesel buyin advice

hi I am looking to buy c180 petrol or C220 diesel, looking at 2011 or 2012 models less than 35k miles done. This is my first MB. My budget is around 13k , so most realistic is C180. I am doing 11-12k per year and about 6.5-7k is motorway travel. I am not sure if higher price for C220 justified...
  13. C

EPC light on my w202 1997 c220 diesel

Hi everyone, hope you can help me out. I have had my 1997 c220 diesel for about 3 years now, the problem with it is that when I go to start it and wait until the heater light goes out the car runs extremely bad and the EPC light stays on. The car won't take a rev when the epc light is on...
  14. K

W204 07/08 - C220 WONT START

Good Morning guys. I have never had a major problem with my car. I have always kept it well maintained and now disappointed that my car will not start. When you put the key in it makes the normal sounds like that zaaap when you insert it. then the white dash comes on. Not the Dash lights...
  15. 9

C220 Auto wont rev over 3000 (intermitent)

Evening Guys! New Merc owner here! and first automatic car so bare with me :cool: Had my 2013 C220 AMG Sport Coupe since March, on 3 occasions now I get in and start it as normal, and when putting my foot flat on the accelerator the car will not rev past 3000 rpm. If I then park up...
  16. H

No remote control

Hi, Bought a used 1995 c220 w202 Basic merc with a faulty central lock and no remote control. The owner doesn't know wither it originally had a remote control. Now that I have fixed the vacuum pumb, Central lock is back to life again. However, how can I know wither this car can use a remote...
  17. B

c250 cdi blueffic amg

Hi all, I've decided, (well, the wife has), to go for a cclass instead of the eclass. All fine so far and have found a couple of c220's that fit the bill. One is a 2009 reg c220 cdi se (blueffic), the other is a 2010 reg c250 cdi blueffic amg sport. Both seem top condition but I know which...
  18. H

1994 C220 Stalling Issue - PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hi all I'm new to the site and have joined in the hope someone can help me. I own a C220 sport from1994 (W202) with automatic 4 speed box. Issue :- sometimes, completely random times, the car will when slowing down to a stop or even just slowing down, she stalls. Will start straight away...
  19. E

Buying a C Class

Hi, New to this forum and never owned a Mercedes before - so go easy on me.... Looking at buying a C220. Seen one for £5,795 (Mercedes-Benz C Class C220 CDI Avantgarde SE 4dr Diesel Saloon 2.2 2003) which looks a tad expensive looking at other ads. Going to see it Saturday as one lady...
  20. J

C220 cdi w202 brake advice

I was going to do the rear brakes on my c220 cdi when the caliper snapped (rotten!!) pistons were seized anyway, so I have found 2 new merc ones for £100!! Except they are for a c180 w202 part number 35/258 same kind though single retaining pin.. Will they fit my car are they the same for the...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom