r230

1. K

R230 SL500 Remote roof operation

I have an issue with operating my roof remotely. I can raise the roof by pointing either of my 2 keys at the drivers door handle sensor and pressing 'lock', I can't however open the roof in the same way using the 'unlock' button. I'd appreciate any guidance or discussion with others that suffer...
  2. zedmeister

SL R230 grill - adding distronic badge

Hi Does anyone know if you can simply change the centre star to the distronic version on a genuine grill or do you need to change the entire grill? There are plenty of people selling genuine distronic stars on ebay and I was wondering if I can fit it to a standard grill? My car does have...
  3. imkaz

R230 Emergency Engine Cut-Off

I was messing around with the CAN bus in the passenger side of my car last night, and started the car without fully connecting everything (the brown/black-brown cable that I think connects all the CAN buses) together. So yo my shock, turning the ignition off, and pulling the key out did...
  4. E

R230 creak

Only makes this noise when at or close to full lock, and it's not always present. Anyone else experienced this? video. Comments, tips, advice, welcomed! Ball joints? Power steering? Some other problem?
  5. R

SL 230 - NTG1 - Audio options (Bluetooth, AUX, Ipod, Iphone)

Hello All, I have been scouring the net to find the best solution to incorporating an AUX into my 2007 SL (R230) with NTG1 (Sat nav player in the boot). I have the Phone connections - but the Bluetooth dongles do not allow the sending of music, only voice data - unless i am incorrect? I...
  6. N

is this a good price for sl350 shocks

Morning all, after a little bit of advice on the price of some repairs. Just had the sl350 in the garage for a niggly rattle. whilst on the ramps the mechy noted that the rear shocks are weeping. not abc, just normal shockers, the price to repair these is 300 each plus vat. also a...
  7. K

Red battery visit workshop message

Hello all I bought a mercedes SL500 R230 2002 about six months ago with a red visit workshop message. It was checked at time do sale by WDM in Birmingham with the stars system, and was advised it was not a serous issue and to carry on with the purchase. To date I have replaced both...
  8. T

R230- Replace Near Side Bonnet Hinge

Hi, Has anyone changed a bonnet hinge on the R230? I've had one of the arms break on mine and wanted to change myself. May seem an easy fix but does anyone have any instructions on how best to do it. It looks like its riveted together so may need some professional tools. Any pointers happily...
  9. T

Sticky Handbrake R230 SL55

Hi, Just a quick one. When releasing the handbrake, you can feel the handbrake release but the light does not switch off until multiple pulls of the lever. I want to lubricate the cable/mechanism. Has anyone got the instructions on how to do this. Also, when pushing on the pedal to set the...
  10. R

SL500 Buying Advice

Happy Friday everyone! New joiner, long time SL lover - I was hoping to get some advice from all you very well informed folk. I'm in the market for late 2003 SL500 (7 speed gearbox) with a budget of under £12k. I have to be honest I have fallen in love with this car and my judgement is a...
  11. T

SL High level boot brake light

Hi, Has anyone got the instructions on how to remove the brake light on the boot. I've got about 5 LEDs out that I want to try and repair. The seal around it has disintegrated so prob caused by water ingress! Thanks in advance
  12. T

Reprogramming after Battery Change r230

Hi, Quick question, I know after a battery change you can reprogram the sl55 yourself. Something do do with putting the windows down and back up and likewise with the roll bar? Can anyone confirm? Thanks :D
  13. L

R230 Parktronic Stray Connector?

I stripped the boot lining out of my SL55 on Sunday to try and get to the bottom of the Parktronic not working (never has since I had the car - it just alarms with all lights on, then switches itself off). A STAR readout showed faults on nearly all the sensors, which to me says ECU rather than a...
  14. L

R230 Front SAM question

Thanks to the nice weather, have had a couple of days to play at fault finding on my SL55. I can't get my STAR to talk to anything on the CAN B at all, I just can't get it to talk to the EIS. I though my STAR might be dodgy at first, but I can see engine, transmission etc.. in fact anything on...
  15. L

R230 Water Leaks - Drivers Footwell

A bit better weather on Sunday (and a few minutes spare!) gave me the chance to look into the water leaks in my SL55. I was happy at first to find the boot leak is MOST likely to be the 3rd brake light (although the rear screen and C pillar seals still need doing as well, and will be in the...
  16. L

R230 Keyless Go - Upgrade?

Hi - my 2003 SL55 has Keyless go but I have no key-card for it. Is there any way of upgrading the keyless go to the more modern, sliver key fob type? (i.e. no separate card required?). I've seen a couple of past threads on this but no definitive answer. Would the Keyless go module need replacing...
  17. T

R230 SL55 Stuck in Park

Hi All, I've lost the will to live.:cry: It feels like my car is continually fighting with me. I finally got round to sorting the battery issues on it and after just a couple of weeks the car is now stuck in Park. It starts absolutely fine and after reading some other posts on here it looks...
  18. T

R230 SL55 Batteries required

Hi, My SL55 has been parked for months now due to babies! :) Both batteries are now shot. I was looking to replace both as I don't think they are salvageable, and I understand Varta were the original factory fits? Below are the details: Starter Battery: Varta 12V 35Ah 520A(EN) Supply...
  19. C

Broken cup holder on 05 SL R230

Hello I've been lurking here for a few months researching SL R230s, and ended up buying a lovely SL600 last October. However I recently snagged the cupholder with a bag strap, and while it still pops in and out, on the way back in to the fascia, the supporting prongs no longer close up, so...
  20. M

Excessive R230 SL road noise from rear - what's yours like??

Could the new rear shocks have been fitted incorrectly? ( To any who have driven, worked on or just know about r230 rear suspension partic. SL 350 ie non ABC modell) Hi to you all, Sorry about my long post. I'm generaly very pleased with the refinement of my 2003 350Sl 2003. I've only...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom