w124

1. D

W124 200T Camshaft Sprocket

Hello Everybody! I'm a long-time admirer but a first-time owner of a W124 200T estate. I bought her a few months ago - unfortunately the misfire I was told was to do with the carburettor, turned out to be down to low compression. I and a mechanic friend have diagnosed a sticky or leaky...
  2. T

Hi from London and Bristol. W124 electrics query.

Hi all, been signed up for a while and trying to educate myself about my car. W124 1995 E200, all running fairly smoothly, 170k, quite a bit thirstier than my previous E220 unfortunately but that's not the priority issue. The central locking and window electrics have suddenly gone nuts: started...
  3. 2

W124 Misfire on one of four cylinders

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for fixing a misfire I'm experiencing on one of the four cylinders in my 1991 230CE. Checked all the plugs and they are all providing a spark. Thought it was a clogged fuel injector as my car was sitting for a few months. Replaced the...
  4. R

W124 Doors re-lock themselves

My 1996 E320 Cabriolet has developed an issue where, having unlocked the doors with either the remote or key, the doors re-lock themselves after a short period. My local independent has checked the vacuum pump and hoses and can't find a leak. I'm wondering if a faulty door/boot/fuel cap...
  5. J

W124 '95 E280: A/C Oddity!

I have an odd thing going on with my DIAVIA dealer-fitted air con. Having had a new re-gas, to 850 Kg, the system now doesn't kick in as it should, with middle 'EC' button off and the A/C default being on. Instead, in order to start the compressor, I have to depress and light up the...
  6. A

Rusty rear subframe mounts on my 220ce w124, mot fail, anybody know a good welder?

My subframe mounts have rusted completely away from the car, Does anybody know how i can sort this, maybe somewhere to source reasonably priced repair panels and possibly a good welder in london/ the south east? I really want to get this car back to its former glory and it'd be a shame to...
  7. A

1993 W124 220CE COUPE WONT START:(

My 220ce wont start, after i recently put new fuel lines on, the car had always struggled abit to start. its mot was today and i couldnt even get there. it cranks but wont seem to go any further, started once for a few seconds then died again straigh away. ive got a feeling its something to do...
  8. B

W124 estate rear bumper and tailgate

Hello I'm desperate to find a decent complete rear bumper for my beloved 1993 om606 diesel estate. Some one ran into the back of me. I have removed bumper and all is well, but really struggling to sauce a decent complete back bumper. If any body has one for sale or knows where I may get...
  9. J

W124 '95 E280 4-Speed Auto Est, Gearbox

Hi all, No major posts for a while, because I've had no issues with the car for a good 4-5k miles. Could any members, though, advise as to whether I should take action on the following: On Wednesday 30/12/15 on a short local trip, I experienced what appeared to noticeable slippage in...
  10. S

Big ask - W124 estate cover loan

Hello chaps, #longshot. I am heading off in a few weeks for four months. I am after a cover for my cherished car. I've seen StormForce examples on Ebay for £150. Seems like a great price but after this four-month break, what will I do with it? Therefore, does anyone have one I may borrow...
  11. T

W124 auto gearbox noise

W124 E280 1995 auto estate: I'm getting what I can only describe as a whining noise coming, I think from the gearbox when the car is on the move. The noise changes in pitch as the car accelerates, becoming less noticeable when it's cruising in top. The noise also occurs under deceleration. Any...
  12. jeremy156

w124 firewall insulation

I was taking a look around the front of the car and noticed the insulation behind the engine (presumably intended to aid soundproofing?) is disintegrating. Initially I wondered whether I should look to replace it, then realised there's a significant gap on one side... throwing my assumption...
  13. S

W124 pressure switch change -

Hello, Would changing the air conditioning pressure switch, part number A1248208310 mean opening the 'closed system' and loosing gas? I ask as I'd like to change this switch and suspect its an easy think to do, and just want to check with the experts. With best,
  14. J

W124 '95 E280, New Radiator, A/C, Coolant issues...

Hi all, I had a new (Behr) radiator fitted about 3 weeks ago. No apparent cooling system problems until this week-end. After the visit to the workshop, though, I found that the aircon (Diavia, dealer fitted) had stopped working. The compressor would not switch on. I had for some time...
  15. jeremy156

w124 booming exhaust

I have a 1995 E320 Coupe which exhibits a really prominent droning/booming sound, particuarly annoying at mid-revs / motorway speeds. The car had a stainless steel noise-maker exhaust when I bought it, and that was one of the first things to go, replaced by a conventional mild steel exhaust...
  16. J

W124 E280 '95 Estate

Hi all, I am about to have to change out a complete set of tyres, as my set of Continental Premium Contact 5s, fitted only last February, have worn out in less than 12,000 miles. I expect older cars wear worse, I have slight alignment issues at the front, and I drive 75-80% of the time in...
  17. A

MY W124 Coupe wheels need new bolts, can anybody help????

I just upgraded the alloys on my w124 coupe from the standard 8 hole 15 inch to the 16 inch versions, however the bolts wont fit the new wheels as they're not long enough. Does anybody know the length of bolts i require, and where possibly i might be able to get them in london?? Ive been told...
  18. A

Can Anybody Help? W124 coupe 1993

I have a couple of problems with my w124 coupe 220ce and was wondering if anyone can help. Firstly there is a grinding noise from the rear left side of the car when i brake heavily. could this be possibly diff supports or ball joints? Also my rear electric windows are both not working, as well...
  19. A

From Karachi with Love

My name is Asif Khan, from Karachi, Pakistan. I am the proud owner of W124 230E. My first Mercedes ever :)
  20. S

S124 rear brake light cluster

Hello, Is it possible to just change the lens on this type of cluster? Was washing my car yesterday and have noticed a small hole in the driver's side rear indicator section. Its going for an MOT and I seem to recall cracked lenses can result in a fail. Wasn't there last year for the...
Top Bottom