w202

1. A

Mercedes Benz C200 W202 - What seats can fit ?

So I've been swapping out the interior from its original to leather. I've fitted the driver/passenger with leather seats.. but finding any backseats/headrests in leather is proving a challenge.. I've found Mercedes models similar to mine but I feel like the measurements might be off slightly and...
  2. A

W202 C200 1997 Engine Bay Ticking Sound

Unbearable ticking sound coming from the engine bay.. ticking sound starts from startup, idle, accelerating and deaccelerating... I've deduced that the sound is coming from the front near the timing belts.. I'll post photos and a video if someone can genuinely try to help me out. Thanks!
  3. B

Winter Tires for W202

I have a 1994 W202 saloon. I'm looking for winter tire recommendations. I saw a thread a while ago somewhere, maybe here, where the prevailing opinion was some kind of Goodyear, but I can't find that thread now. I'm not looking for anything sporty/run-flat/exotic, it's just a slow C180. I drive...
  4. M

W202 C180 problem

Hi all, Hope this is the right place to post. Have a w202 c180 auto here 2000. Drove it for a few days with no issues then parked it up for a month or 2. Battery was flat - charged it up and went for a drive and now it won’t move out of 1st gear reverse, neutral etc all engages but it does...
  5. H

W202 C180 Annoying Engine Roar - cold start

Hello, i am getting a very annoying sound while performing a cold start. I have though about a bad belt or something like that but i am not sure. Maybe you can help me with my problem. The audio file is available on Google drive via this link ...
  6. M

W202 c200 1998 Starts then cuts out

Car starts each time, runs for approx 5 secs then stops. So petrol getting through. Have cleaned Throttle body and observed valve moving ok with ignition. Replaced accelerator position sensor and cleaned maf. Have had car idle for over a minute at times, but as soon as accelerator depressed...
  7. J

What oil W202 99' 70k Miles

As title says, which oil should I use for my w202, 1999, c180 70k Miles.... Thanks in advance!
  8. A

1998 C250TD not reaching operating temperature

Hello all, my 1998 W202 C250TD benz at the moment (winter in the southern hemisphere) only reaches a "running temp" of around 62-65°C on the highway and when driven hard gets closer to about 70°C, but never reaching 80°C. The same is true even when it was warmer earlier this year only reaching...
  9. J

26 and love my W202

Hi, New to the forum. Living in Cornwall. I'm 26, have a 1999, W202, C180 nice example. Previously had a W208.
  10. P

W202 C200sport 1999

Hi Guys, I'm proud owner of w202, I also own an E30 cab motorsport. So I bought the w202 two weeks back, car was fine drove it for a week with no issue. As soon as I parked it for around 5 days it won't turn on. It cranks but not actually turning on, checked battery already. I believe I should...
  11. Cyber Sleep Walker

W202 C180 (Elegance) Trim question pt2

Hi, Wondering if anyone can tell me if the chrome running along the roof and down side of windscreen on the w202 can be removed ? and if so how ? Thanks in advance, CSW
  12. W

Please help me someone i tried everything

Hey guys hope your all well Ive got a C180 w202 1997 and im having a real big issue nd a very expensive one by the looks of it. Couple days ago out of nowhere my car decided it wont start anymore I have had the same problem around 2 years ago in my E230 W210 1996 and i had to scrap the car...
  13. D

M111 2.0 engine tuning help

Greetings, what is the best way to gain more power on M111.940 engine without going forced induction? Would 2.2 or 2.3 head fit on a 2.0 and would increasing the compression by putting thinner HG and porting the head give any gains?
  14. philharve

W202 C-class trim/seal front wing replacing

I have been looking around for quite some time for a replacement trim/seal/other description, for my 2000 Mercedes C230K but without success. I thought it would be a part that would be readily available and low cost but my experience has been very different. If I have to create the seal/trim/...
  15. J

W202 C200 immobilzer & start fault

Hello People, Need some help. :( i have a C200 w202 4 cyl petrol that wont start. There seems to be two issues. vehicle cranks but wont fire. 1.originally i had no prime or switching to the fuel pump with ignition and no spark on crank. i removed the ignition module to inspect the plug...
  16. N

W202 c250D electric windows only work with doors or boot open.

Hello, Hope someone can help? Windows and sunroof will only work when either doors or boot are open. I recently changed the comfort control module in the boot as I found it in a terrible state when changing the battery. Thought this would sort it but no luck. Car is a w202.125 c250d...
  17. silestanix

List of bits to do... And a story...

Evening all! So my W202 is back with me after a bit of a fall out with the boss of the bodyshop I used. He lied to me about my car being ready several times, was told today it'd be ready late afternoon but still wasn't ready... And he wasn't around. So the other gents peeled away from their...
  18. C

advise needed - battery light coming on for W202 1997 C200

Hello Mercedes Brothers & Sisters!, I have a W202 Mercedes, 1997 C200 Classic / Elegance. It's covered 200,000 miles but overall is fairly trusty. Recently the car battery light has started coming on - intermittently. Definitely more likely to happen upon "cold" - first usage of the day...
  19. silestanix

Big Thank You to Wayne Gates MB

Went to Wayne Gates MB on Friday morning for a routine Gearbox fluid change (44k), Jamie did the work, emptying both Box and Torque Convertor, as usual superb work. So yes, big Thanks to Terry, Jamie & Ben, they've looked after my W202 C250TD Since I bought it and have done most if not all...
  20. rdmstewa

202 Feels a bit wrong when cold

Hi all Just bought a '98 202 C240 auto with apparently genuine 46k on the clock. It's very smooth and drives well except when starting away from cold. Where I live that involves going more or less straight up a hill, and I wouldn't expect the car to even try for 4th gear until I'm more or...
Top Bottom