w210

1. A

Three Abreast

We recently found out that we are expecting Twins in the New Year! We have a toddler already so now I am coming to terms with practicalities of having three children under 3 years old.:o Of course one of our considerations is transport and as the proud owner of a 2000 W210 E320 with 19,000...
  2. G-a-r-y

W210 Breather replacment

Do you need to change the breather/filter like on the BMW 3.0d engines. Haven't seen it mentioned on here but BM's do? BTW 320 CDi.
  3. J

W210 Head Gasket Failure?

Hi all I have a W210 E240 petrol auto saloon, 1999, 51k genuine miles. It has two problems, possibly connected (although it would be odd if they were!). 1. I have creamy gunge on the underside of the oil filler cap; 2. the screen & lamps washer resevoirs won't hold water for more than a...
  4. E

Embarrassed: stuck bulb!

I can't get the driver's side front sidelight bulb out on my w210 E300TD estate. I've changed almost all other types of bulbs on the beast over the past 18 months:( so I'm not (normally) a TOTAL klutz .... but this has me stumped. I've got the case off and I've moved the ?? hose out the way so...
  5. B

E class alarm, indicators flash rapidly

Hi - just looking for a quick bit of advice. W210 E240 petrol year 2000, has been pretty much perfect for 10 yrs and 100k miles, (except for the rust that is). Just developed a fault that I think is in the alarm system, when locking with the key fob, the indicators flash 3 times as normal but...
  6. A

w210 e320 stuck in park

Happy New Year! A couple of times recently, our 2000 e320 w210, with only 14,000 miles has refused to allow us to move the gear selector out of park. It appears to be an intermittent problem and the solution that we have found seems to be by pressing the switch that I believe would turn the...
  7. N

W210 E220CDI Diesel Leak

Hi, my first post, so please be kind. I've recently bought the above car and have been very pleased with it. Recently i've noticed a strong smell of diesel, and after removing the engine cover and checking, saw diesel squirting from the front of the engine (see images attached). Can anyone tell...
  8. D

Door switch, interior lights and cold weather pains for W210

Hi All, Its just started to get cold again and when I got back from the shops in the dark I shut the drivers door and the interior lights stayed on. Also the turn indicators didn't flash on locking. Hmmm. A quick read of the forum lead me to look at the door switches and sure enough the...
  9. A

w210 e 320 battery

Flat battery on my w210 e320 so its time for a new one. Any advice of the best place to buy? I am Bristol based although I will probably buy on-line. J
  10. A

As New W210

Hello all, 1st post as [I] have just bought an immaculate w210 (yr 2000) E320 Elegence. The car ireally is immaculate as it had been an old ladies who passed on, so had sat in a heated garage for 10 years and travelled just over 10,000 miles! Its the facelifted version and as you can imagine...
  11. M

Break or Repair? I prefer lemons in my G&Ts

My introduction to Mercedes ownership hasn't started well . Looking for a car that could allow my Porsche 928GT to avoid a daily motorway commute (and frequent visits to petrol stations ;-) I picked up a W210 E320 CDI Avantgarde. I was careful about who I bought it from and thought I had found...
  12. K

No Power to Command 2.0 system

E320 CDI W210. I have just had the car back from an engine rebuild and the command unit will not power up. I know they would have disconnected the battery while working on the car. I have checked all external fuses and all are OK. The garage will take a look at it next week. But ahead of that I...
  13. W

how do I depressurise the fuel filter so I can change the fuel filter?

This is my first post. I've found this site really useful so far. I'm trying to replace the fuel filter on my W210 '02 Reg Diesel Automatic. I've read that to depressurise the fuel filter I need to run the engine then while its on remove the fuse to the fuel pump - this should cut out the...
  14. R

W210 key not turning

Hi All I'm in a bind here! I have been checking fuses all around our year 2000 w210 270 Cdi estate becasue of various bulbs not working. After putting all the fuses back correctly and in the correct location, the car will not start. In fact, the key will not even turn. Radio, lights etc work...
  15. H

I have done it!!!

Hi Well I have done it placed the deposit on a E 280 Cdi Sport Estate on a 57 plate just have to wait for weather to clear up before I pick it up:D Will have lots of questions when I get it as will be my first Merc! :p Hog
  16. A

W210 Projector headlights

I've found my headlights quite dim on the motorway, and whilst I dont want to blind oncomers, I would like them to be brighter, so am considering 50%/90% brighter bulbs. I also find the frosted appearance of W210 lights (and mine arent that dirty at all!) quite out of date and if possible and...
  17. A

Remote Central Locking problems :-( 220

I am really stuck guys! I have limited funds being made redundant so9me months ago and cant through money away at a dealership if I can avoid it. I would be so happy if a way around this is possible. I have a 1996 N plate C220 Elegance and I cant open the thing with my remote. I dont have a...
  18. K

Wing Mirror /Window Problem

W210 e320CDI Estate 2001 I had a faulty nearside rear window - stuck up, with quiet motor:( the other three working fine. Have been checking window fuses - didnt find any that had "blown". But, now have all windows firmly shut and wing mirrors that swing in and out as they should but mirror...
  19. S

W210 central locking/window problem

Hi I'm having a confusing problem with my 1997 (r) E240 All works fine for a few days then the key will not remotely unlock/lock and I have to use the metal slide out key. The dash door lock switch works fine and the internal boot opening switch works OK. I have fitted new battery's in the key...
  20. W

Child Lock W210

I have what I beleive to be a problem with the child lock on the rear off side door on my 1999 E Class estate (W210T). I've had the car since November last year, and the child lock has occasionally set itself in the on position throughout the time I've had the car. Previously it was easy to...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom