w211

1. J

Historic Fault Codes (23EA, 200C, 200B, 22E0)

Hi everyone, I'm Jonas and driving an S211 E220 CDI (2006) and just read my Fault Codes. I got 4 stored in the ECM. Since they are all historic can I just delete them and check if they come back? I recently replaced my V-ribbed belt because it was cracked - could that be where the errors are...
  2. grahamwoodward

W211 E320 V6 petrol - vibration

Hi guys. I have a 2004 E320 (W211) with 151,000 miles on the clock. When I start off from cold there is a vibration through the floor of the car. It goes away somewhat when the car warms up but not totally. I suspected that the engine mounts need replacing but my mechanic says there is no...
  3. motocod

E270 W211 Diesel fuel filter - prime with diesel?

Hi Folks, I've got a new diesel filter to go on my E270 - is it essential that I prime it with fuel before starting the car? Thanks in advance!
  4. S

W211 OM642 Smoking and losing oil

Hey. I got a W211 OM642 engine. I changed turbo once because it was dragging oil into exhaust, brand new turbo. After change i have to fill oil every 5-6 days. I have changed the crank ventilation, and this cover behind, and still no changes. It Smokes much. Looks like i create a fog behind me...
  5. T

W211 270CDi - Thick black smoke

Hi guys. I know, you´ve seen this kind of posts a million times, but this is not the usual EGR / injectors / swirl flaps case. Please, if you know a bit about these engines, read through. I did a fair bit of google research, searched through this and other forums, but I haven´t found anyone...
  6. motocod

Red battery dash warning W211

Hi Folks, The last few days I’ve been getting the red workshop battery warning on my dash. Some Googling suggests it could be the Aux battery. The car is a 2005 E270. I understand that the main battery should be disconnected before the Aux. Can anyone confirm this? Also, where do I find the...
  7. J

E320cdi sport w211 brabus

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help me in the way of a brabus tuning box for a w211 e320cdi sport and if it’s worth getting I just want a decent bit of power to have some fun, I’m from Southampton but can travel
  8. P

W211 Brake light problems

Have a 2006 W211 saloon car, brake lights on both side as at the rear are not working - the backup lights are coming on instead, I've replaced both bulb holder units and bulbs for new and still no change... The High level boot light works ok.... At one point the drivers side brake light was...
  9. ptruswell

W211 E280 Estate: rear air-suspension

Please can other owners advise... My 15-year-old W211 estate is showing it's age in body and, more importantly and potentially costly, in the rear air-suspension department... My mechanic in Macclesfield (Cheshire) advises me that the so-called 'air bag' units that are used instead of...
  10. P

W211 wagon rear shocks top mount

I've seen a few posts on the difficulty of securing the disk to unscrew the top mount and referring to a special MB tool. I've just done this using 2 hose clips to clamp the disk. In this instance I prevented it rotating with a small socket strategically placed
  11. P

W211 Parking Brake Pedal Removal

Anyone got any tips for this? 1. Removing the cover beneath the instrument panel. Besides removing three screws, is there anything else holding it in place? Is it just brute force needed to get it out from the heater assembly? 2. The manual says to remove heat shield and cross member under the...
  12. K

w211 intermittent loss of power no fault code

2007 E320CDI v6 sport 124000 miles. Hello all, First I must thank this forum and all users for helping and sharing your knowledge, I have gained lots of knowledge here during the past years. Now my car drives fine except randomly loses power and gain power again without any input from me (no...
  13. P

W211 parking brake pawl broken

As above; the parking brake pedal won't stay in place and the release cable is loose. I've had a look and can see half of the pawl is still attached to the pedal and the rest is presumably behind the dashboard still attached to the cable. I've ordered a second hand pedal assembly but would...
  14. N

Hi - E270 W211 - looking for advice on ABS and ESP malfunction

Hi All My E class 2005 W211 is showing an ABS and ESP malfunction. It's been plugged in for diagnostics to no avail. I've tried changing the brake light switch (youtube recommend that can apparently fix it sometimes - it didn't). Needs an MOT soon so am anxious to be able to resolve the...
  15. P

W211 wagon rear shocks

I have a 2004 car with 177k which exhibits what Kent of Mercedessource describes as 'Dead body in the trunk syndrome,' as well as occasionally hearing a wheel bounce a couple of times on lumpy bits of road. Thinking rear shocks would be a good idea but the car doesn't justify spending a...
  16. S

W211 E280 Air Conditioning Pressure Following Recharge

Good Evening My car is a 2006 E280 (pre-facelift) The air conditioning was not cooling the car but there were no errors reported. The B12/2 pressure was 3 bar with the engine off and rose to 5 bars with the engine running at idle. I contacted the local Mercedes dealer who recharged the air...
  17. N

W211 (2003 220d)- Fuse identification

Hi All, I bought an used W211 220d 2003 model recently. When i checked the fuse box in the trunk, the fuse 13 is broken and no fuses in ports 11 and 12. What would be the implications. When i googled, i found that 11 - Rear end control unit ( found that fuse no 7 is also Rear end control...
  18. broken_cross

W211 Boot leak - think I've sussed it...

Have had the water in boot after heavy rain for a while now - as I had the day off today so had a look. The rubber along the 'weather trim' on both sides was perished with cracks in it and coming away on one side. there was a considerable amount of gunk under each side and moisture so suspect...
  19. motocod

W211 rear brakes replacement

Hi Folks, Im looking to fit new rear discs and pads on my 2005 E270. I assume I can disable the brake assist thing by simply disconnecting the battery? Otherwise it all looks quite straightforward. Sorry for such a basic question! Thanks, Nik
  20. morphix

W211 E270 CDI 2004 blows cool air when idling

Hey there fellow drivers, so recently I have ran to this issue. To explain it as clear as possible, problem is that when car is standby (idling, not driving), heater blows cold air no matter what position it is in. When driving the car, all heater functions work as expected, hot air blows, but...
Top Bottom