£120 for a ****** key fob?!!!

Doyle

Reaction score
one hundred and twenty pounds for a blooming key fob!!!

they think im made of money!!!

:mad:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Welcome to the world of Mercedes...
To be fair almost all electronic keys these days are expensive not just th eones with the 3 pointed star on.

If it is just the buttons that are faulty then you could buy one off of ebay and swop the electronics over. If the electronics are stuffed then Mercedes is the only option. The Ebay ones cannot be reprogrammed no matter what the sellers say.

Last edited:
OP
Doyle

Doyle

Reaction score
well i dont like it :(

4 years ago it was £55, and i didnt like the way i was treated when i went into the dealers. just because i wasnt in a suit or a shirt n tie they looked at me as if i had horns coming out of my head.

Doyle

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Next time you go in ask for a test drive in an S class :p

benzo

Reaction score
It's the same everywhere. For my Volvo S60 in 2004 I paid almost £130. Scared to think what it would cost now. You first had to buy the fob and then you had to program it to the car, all separate costs +VAT!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The anti roll bar drop link for the V70 cost £70 from MB £25 I just paid £68 for two flexi rear brake pipes from Volvo 8" long, that's life, nothing one can do about it. One day I must get around to fitting them

Malcolm

wadia860

New Registration
Reaction score
Doyle said:
well i dont like it :(

just because i wasnt in a suit or a shirt n tie they looked at me as if i had horns coming out of my head.

Doyle

You wanna try having dreadlocks and 2 sleeves :D :D even the customers look twice!!!!!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Doyle said:
just because i wasnt in a suit or a shirt n tie they looked at me as if i had horns coming out of my head.

What, they actually looked at you?
I only went in for a new E class - Stood in the showroom for 15 mins being completely ignored. No one on reception to ask. Only when I collared someone (on my 4th increasingly agressive attempt), did anyone give me the time of day. Actually I was ready to leave, but the wife didn't fancy a drive to the next dealer. It's my own fault I guess, my jeans don't have designer labels and I like plain T shirts.
Anyway, count yourself lucky - clearly you exude more class than I do!

OP
Doyle

Doyle

Reaction score
jberks said:
What, they actually looked at you?
I only went in for a new E class - Stood in the showroom for 15 mins being completely ignored. No one on reception to ask. Only when I collared someone (on my 4th increasingly agressive attempt), did anyone give me the time of day. Actually I was ready to leave, but the wife didn't fancy a drive to the next dealer. It's my own fault I guess, my jeans don't have designer labels and I like plain T shirts.
Anyway, count yourself lucky - clearly you exude more class than I do!

this is what i mean...they are expected to sell cars for a living but choose who they sell to? 4rseholes!

going to do a wee test when i go back to collect my key. i shall wear a suit n see if they 'notice' me sooner, and god help them if i am not in a good mood!

Doyle

gtie

Reaction score
Try being 23 :

Walking into a Mercedes Garage and waiting for a Sales Rep:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome to the forum, and I trust you helped yourself to free coffee while you were waiting.

Malcolm

type49

Reaction score
Try being 23 :

23 & looking at new Mercs.................... I'm definately in the wrong job!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try being 23 :

BarryG

Reaction score
I know they also serve those who stand and wait, however I've always been of the mind that if you want something you have to go and get it, or in this case go and ask.
Sales reps have given buyers more space most recently as they were seen as overpowering. Customers wanted to be able to wander round without being pressurised. This new style started with Daewoo.

Are they still allowed to say "can I help you siir?" :p

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I've been into my local BMW dealer several times in the last few years and I've never yet spoken to a salesman. Last time I had an effectively unlimited budget buring a hole in my pocket and I did want to seriously consider a 530d.

Mind you, I went out to look at cars for my youngest daughter the other day and was so overwhelmed by the keen-ness of the guy in our local Mistsubishi dealership that we ordered a Colt there and then. Never even bothered to look at anything else. Got home and my wife went mad as she'd decided (but hadn't told me) that our daughter should have a Yaris!

CMR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C240
Doyle you were lucky, last time I went to a stealer (on a Saturday) I didn't even bother going in! - they had some big guy on the door in a black suit with one of those headsets - kind of 'if your name 's not down here you're not getting in!' ft for a laugh...

R

ryan.stephens

I hate going into my local Mercedes-Benz dealership in Exeter.

The last two times I went in with my Mum nobody, not even the receptionist, spoke to either of us for nearly 45 minutes and when we finally got to speak to a salesperson and my Mum told them she was interested in an A-Class, she was told he didn't deal in A-Class's!! :rolleyes:

Now I know I'm only 21 and my Mum was using a walking stick that day because of her hip, but there was no reason for them to ignore us, a customer is a customer right?

I find that most of their staff are too young and lack any customer service or social skills, and they won't approach anyone disabled, young, looking at anything lower than a C-Class, or isn't wearing a suit and talking loudly on a mobile phone.

They'll have a shock in April 2009 because I'm going in to buy an SLK and I know they'll avoid a plain-clothed 23 year old, hopefully it will be quite busy when I shout about their service and demmand to see the manager :mrgreen:

Anyone else been to Mercedes-Benz of Exeter?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Exeter is my local dealer and I am of mixed opinion.

I had a hard time with them 2 years ago and I printed off some complaints from the forum and took it in to them,, this helped a bit.

They are now rated as one of the best in the UK, but I still have my doubts yes they do not make you feel welcome and it is as though your appearance is putting them out.

They know that they cannot fool me. dont forget that Taunton and the one in Cornwall is theirs

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom