£120 for a ****** key fob?!!!

joem

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure a suit will help!! If it makes you feel better, my brother in law recently got charged £150 for an Astra key (hello, I know someone who bought an Astra for less!!)

Also, I got great service from Mercedes Truro whilst wearing shorts and a T shirt (not a pretty site) last summer so it may depend on the specific dealer.

Joe

l5foye

Reaction score
One quick way of getting attention is to go in with filthy hands (preferably grease) and start pawing over the cars. When you do attend to you, ask them why is MB not using the same guage of metal as they used to....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'm sure a suit will help!! If it makes you feel better, my brother in law recently got charged £150 for an Astra key (hello, I know someone who bought an Astra for less!!)

Also, I got great service from Mercedes Truro whilst wearing shorts and a T shirt (not a pretty site) last summer so it may depend on the specific dealer.

Joe

Truro is part of the same group joe, its a funny thing,some days they are great, other days offish.

Volvo keys are £200 and many parts are much dearer the MB

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
BTW congrats on senior membership joem!!!!

joem

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, hi JPBP - I think you might be driving enough evidence to substantiate that allegation?

Joe

R

ryan.stephens

Well I think that when I go in next time I will try wearing a suit, but I'll mention to them how I was treated when dressed in plain clothes.

Also I'll take a day off work and go during the weekdays rather than the weekend, that way I can avoid the those weekend staff!

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Obtaining a new key

Hi All

I look after my pair of keys very carefully but one day I might lose one set, hopefully not both simultaneously.

What is involved in ordering a new key? Have you got to present yourself at a dealership, along with your car, and proof of purchase? Have you then to prostrate yourself on the floor, face down, in front on the Sales Manager and say, 'Please, please ... can I have another?'

Or is the ordering procedure less Dickensian and can a new key be supplied whilst you wait?

REGARDS

Phil

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You take the log book and some personal ID and the key is ordered.
It takes about 5 days from the start

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Have you then to prostrate yourself on the floor, face down, in front on the Sales Manager and say, 'Please, please ... can I have another?'

Or is the ordering procedure less Dickensian

During busy periods they have an alternative process where you are paraded round the showroom on a wooden 'key losers' cart (with a 3 pointed star on it obviously). After 3 circuits, stopping each time for a moments homage to the obligatory AMG in the corner, you are permitted to order another.

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
During busy periods they have an alternative process where you are paraded round the showroom on a wooden 'key losers' cart (with a 3 pointed star on it obviously). After 3 circuits, stopping each time for a moments homage to the obligatory AMG in the corner, you are permitted to order another.

Hi jberks

Ah yes, I have seen this wooden cart. It has what looks like a T-piece mounted on it, with three holes, through which you place your head and wrists. Do rotten eggs and mouldy vegetables have any part in the parade?

I gather the head & arm restraint is so you don't hurt yourself. You see, Mercedes do care about passenger safety!

Now I know why the Service Manager looks at me and then glances, momentarily, in the direction of the cart standing in the corner of the showroom. It's nice to feel you're welcomed at a dealership.

When do they serve coffee & bickies, before or after the parade?

REGARDS

Phil

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition

Sounds VERY Masonic, to me :D No mention of the goat, though..!!

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
one hundred and twenty pounds for a blooming key fob!!!

they think im made of money!!!

:mad:

Choose to play with rich people's toys and you'll pay rich people's prices.

NewMB

Reaction score
Always best to call first and the show up. You have an agreed time and everybody's happy. Of course, they Never have the car you want to drive.....

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom